Med's Request
October 26, 2017 MR May 01,2017
Med's Done....
October 27 passed
Interview........
??
LANDED..........
INLAND
It seems like Ottawa is the new London Visa Office...ie SLOW as molasses.
As per our forum timeline, It’s 21days to have approval in my cic then after 3 to 5 days tracking activates..

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Yeah, its very frustrating and a little scary to not have your passport with you for around a month. There are absolutely no updates since my passport was delivered last month. ugh.
Does Ottawa office have a twitter? Let me ping them:D

prasenjit1986

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Hi Guys,

So I got an ITA in August, applied for PR on Oct 27 and was thinking that it'll take some time before PPR request comes. But on Nov 15, PPR request!

So now I have to send the passports in under 30 days from that date and was wondering if anyone could guide me as to how send passports from the US.

Do FedEx/UPS/DHL deliver to Canada and also create return shipping labels from Canada to US?

And also, how long does it take for them to stamp and send back the passports?
I'm not a US-citizen, so the thought of not having my passport with me for one month is a little unsettling.

This forum's help is appreciated, as always :)

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I don't know about other carriers, but by Fedex, you can both send and receive packets to Canada. Create an account on fedex.com and you can create/print shipping labels with tracking.

It looks like it currently takes anywhere from 3-4 weeks atleast before they send the passport back. Mine was delivered on 27th oct and no updates since.

Hi Guys,

So I got an ITA in August, applied for PR on Oct 27 and was thinking that it'll take some time before PPR request comes. But on Nov 15, PPR request!

So now I have to send the passports in under 30 days from that date and was wondering if anyone could guide me as to how send passports from the US.

Do FedEx/UPS/DHL deliver to Canada and also create return shipping labels from Canada to US?

I'm not a US-citizen, so the thought of not having my passport with me for one month is a little unsettling.

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
Hi Guys,

An alternative route would be sending an email to CPC-Ottawa and requesting sending your passport to NY VAC. NY VAC is usually faster than CPC-Ottawa (based on other users on the forum).

Fandu

Nov 20, 2017
My application got approved online on 15th Nov. Return tracker still not activated. I see a lot of similar cases on this forum. Weird, right? Anyone talked to cic about this issue?

prasenjit1986

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
An alternative route would be sending an email to CPC-Ottawa and requesting sending your passport to NY VAC. NY VAC is usually faster than CPC-Ottawa (based on other users on the forum).
Hi Andy,
Just curious - why would CPC-Ottawa entertain my request? Wouldn't they say that there's hardly a different between NY VAC and Ottawa in terms of distance? Also, can you please share the email for them - I'll still go ahead and see if they entertain my request. I need to think of a strong reason for the same.

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
Hi Andy,
Just curious - why would CPC-Ottawa entertain my request? Wouldn't they say that there's hardly a different between NY VAC and Ottawa in terms of distance? Also, can you please share the email for them - I'll still go ahead and see if they entertain my request. I need to think of a strong reason for the same.
Certain countries, such as India, do not allow citizens to mail passports across international borders. This could be a compelling reason.

Reactions: prasenjit1986

Canada_Dream01

Jun 9, 2015
Hi All,

Anyone from November where Passport was delivered around 7th November.

Mine was received In Ottawa on 7th November almost two weeks and no sign of any kind , I am a little worried as i made a mistake of not Putting my name behind the Photographs Just the Photographer address and Date when it was taken .

In case any one has any update please let me know . I have heard that it takes 2-3 Weeks for approval in the CIC account is it correct ?

Thanks,

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi All,

Anyone from November where Passport was delivered around 7th November.

Mine was received In Ottawa on 7th November almost two weeks and no sign of any kind , I am a little worried as i made a mistake of not Putting my name behind the Photographs Just the Photographer address and Date when it was taken .

In case any one has any update please let me know . I have heard that it takes 2-3 Weeks for approval in the CIC account is it correct ?

Thanks,
Hi there,
My passports were delivered on November 10th 2017, even I didn't hear anything from them till date.As per this thread, Usually it's taking around 20 business days maximum for return tracker to get activated.
Let's hope for the best.

Reactions: Canada_Dream01

msayyad

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Atlanta, USA
NOC Code......
Stream: (FSWO, FSWI, CEC, etc)
PPR Date: 26th Oct 2017
Passport Sent Date: 30th Oct 2017
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 31st Oct 2017
CPC Passport Received by Agent Date: Unknown
CPC Approved and Visa Stamped Date: Waiting
Return Tracker Activated Date: Waiting

Is it still on track? I m expecting an update tomorrow or this week, I see folks whose passport got delivered later is already processed

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
Passport delivered Oct 23rd
No update on cic
Tracker not activated. Not sure how this sh*&%$ works!
I have a thanksgiving trip which is falling apart now!