+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Oct 2017

MJPK

Nov 17, 2017
Hi All,

I sent my passport for visa stamping on 7th November, 2017 and the tracking number shows that the package was delivered on 8th November, 2017.
I sent an email to CPC-Ottawa to confirm the receipt of passport however i received a reply email sating that:

Good day,

Your passport has not been received at our office yet.

We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails.

Regards,

Should i be worried? Canada post confirms that the package was delivered to the right address and on specified time. My only mistake was to not ask for recieving signature.

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
It takes them a couple of days to a week or more to actually open your passport packet.

Mine was delivered on 27th October and when I emailed them they said they “received” it on 7th November...

Hi All,

I sent my passport for visa stamping on 7th November, 2017 and the tracking number shows that the package was delivered on 8th November, 2017.
I sent an email to CPC-Ottawa to confirm the receipt of passport however i received a reply email sating that:

Good day,

We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails.

Regards,

Should i be worried? Canada post confirms that the package was delivered to the right address and on specified time. My only mistake was to not ask for recieving signature.
QUOTE="MJPK, post: 6515394, member: 712833"]Hi All,

Good day,

Regards,

Should i be worried? Canada post confirms that the package was delivered to the right address and on specified time. My only mistake was to not ask for recieving signature.[/QUOTE]
I

Reactions: MJPK

MJPK

Nov 17, 2017
@nvteja: Thanks for sharing that. I was thinking something along the same lines but still worried because you never know. I guess i will wait a few more days. Is your visa still pending?

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
PPR Date: Oct 31st
Passport Sent Date: Nov 2nd to Ottawa
Passport Delivered Date: Nov 3rd
Passport Received by Office: Nov 11th (as per email exchange with CPC)
MyCIC Approved Date: Nov 16th
Return Tracker Activated Date: Nov 16th
PP and COPR received: Nov 17th

Good luck guys!!

Congratulations.
Did you send passport or passport copy buddy?

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
My passport was delivered on 31 October. The passports of some applicants have been delivered at the same time or even after mine, and they already received approval over their MyCIC accounts. Is there no queue for the submitted passports? Is there any explanation for this? Any ideas?

boggs

Oct 3, 2012
Guys, i applied on January 8, 2016 pp request on oct 19, 2017. Passport sent october 20 recieved on oct 24. Cic approval date nov 17. I dont have a copy of my return tracker forgot to take it :eek:. Now im leaving for a short vacation in hawaii is it alright to do my exit by then my stop will be like 1 hr 30 mins in toronto coming back do u guys think its enough time to finish everything im just worried my plane will leave me lol coming back. Goodluck to everyone finally my journey is about to end for this pr application.

Reactions: Matt-NL
Nov 9, 2017
Hi All,

Good day,

Regards,

heyy did you use priority mail?

fiontwk

Dec 2, 2016
Update
Stream: FSW Inland
PPR Date: Oct 26
Passport Copies Sent Date: Oct 27 by Canada Post
Courier Passport Copies Delivered Date: Oct 30
Passport Copies Received by Agent Date: Unknown
MyCIC Approved Date: Nov 15
Return Tracker Activated Date: Nov 16
CoPR received: Waiting (The mail has arrived at my local post office on Nov 17. I expect delivery later today or next Monday)

I plan to land next Wed at Peace Arch or Pacific Highway, but it's very close to the US Thanksgiving. I'm worried that it would be busier than usual. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Tomi2

roq

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hi All,

Good day,

Regards,

It's normal. Even I had got same reply even after 10 days of delivery. But I sent a mail again asking after a week, then they said they have received.

But it really scares the hell out of us when they say they don't have our passport.

roq

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
My passport was delivered on 31 October. The passports of some applicants have been delivered at the same time or even after mine, and they already received approval over their MyCIC accounts. Is there no queue for the submitted passports? Is there any explanation for this? Any ideas?
Mine was delivered on Oct 30. Still no upddate. Not sure how our passports are put in the queue.

Binabik

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Canada
I plan to land next Wed at Peace Arch or Pacific Highway, but it's very close to the US Thanksgiving. I'm worried that it would be busier than usual. Any thoughts?
If your plan is to flagpole then yes the US border might be very busy since Thanksgiving is next Thursday.