Courier Passport Delivered Date: Nov 6th
Passport Received by Office: Waiting
MyCIC Approved Date: Waiting
Return Tracker Activated Date: Waiting
PP and COPR received: Waiting

ride_bike

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
This ia silly q’s.. is the landing required to all applicant? I am PNP inland applicant ?
Yes, every one must complete landing formalities either they are in or coming from else where to canada
No, it is not required for an inland applicant. Landing ( going to the border) is just a quicker way to activate your PR. Alternatively you can remain in canada and schedule for an interview at an IRCC office to activate your PR. But you need to pick either one to activate your PR status, it doesn't activate itself automatically.

jenkinson

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
I went to my local Canada Post, and the guy over there informed me that CIC-Ottawa sends all passports for the day at 6 P.M. Ottawa time.

I wouldn't be concerned if I didn't have an international flight leaving this weekend. If they don't send it today, I'm more or less screwed and will have to cancel my flight on Sunday morning and change travel plans, etc. It sucks that I'm in this situation even though I applied at least 25 days before my travel date.

I have tried contacting CIC by every channel possible - WebForm, email, phone - but haven't been able to get a "human" response.
It's 6.48PM Ottawa time, no update for the tracker. I guess I'll have to change my travel plan as well.

Prabh010

Nov 8, 2017
Hi guys

I did mistake in sending my passport to Ottawa. I sent it at wrong address which is applicable for those having mailing address in US. But I have Canadian mailing address. Can you guys suggest me what can I do now? I already gave them an email but no response yet. I am worried about that.
Can anyone help me ?

josfkev

Nov 8, 2017
Hi guys

I did mistake in sending my passport to Ottawa. I sent it at wrong address which is applicable for those having mailing address in US. But I have Canadian mailing address. Can you guys suggest me what can I do now? I already gave them an email but no response yet. I am worried about that.
Can anyone help me ?
Hi Prabh,
A friend of mine did the same thing. He gave CIC a call to see what should be done. Fortunately, it was not an issue. He got his passport back in a week.
As for this, I dont think its a huge issue but if you are concerned, you can contact CIC or leave them an e-mail explaining your situation.

Reactions: Prabh010

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
It's 6.48PM Ottawa time, no update for the tracker. I guess I'll have to change my travel plan as well.
I got an email response about 2 hours ago stating they have sent my passport today. Around the same time as the email, I was able to get through to an agent on their phone line, and the agent said the same thing.

However, I am still not able to track it on the system. But at least I'm more hopeful than before. I would say, you send an email immediately with your application number in the subject line and the words URGENT PROCESSING REQUESTED. Provide your full name, date of birth, UCI, visa category, reason for expediting. Good luck!

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
I got an email response about 2 hours ago stating they have sent my passport today. Around the same time as the email, I was able to get through to an agent on their phone line, and the agent said the same thing.

However, I am still not able to track it on the system. But at least I'm more hopeful than before. I would say, you send an email immediately with your application number in the subject line and the words URGENT PROCESSING REQUESTED. Provide your full name, date of birth, UCI, visa category, reason for expediting. Good luck!
Soon as I posted this, my tracking status changed; it shows that my passport is on its way! :)

Reactions: sanju_bd

Prabh010

Nov 8, 2017
Hi Prabh,
A friend of mine did the same thing. He gave CIC a call to see what should be done. Fortunately, it was not an issue. He got his passport back in a week.
As for this, I dont think its a huge issue but if you are concerned, you can contact CIC or leave them an e-mail explaining your situation.
Thanks. Can you do me one more favour?
I jst want to know did your friend send the passport again ? Or he get the visa printed when he got the passport back ?

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
May I know what's 'Counterfoil number' ? and where do you see it if we don;t have passport returned ?
You will see this on your MyCIC login - click on the status of your application.

jenkinson

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017

Thanks, will do the same!

Wait, my tracker got activated several minutes ago! Check one more time :)
No change still :\ What was your date of approval?

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
PPR Date: Oct 19th
Passport Sent Date: Oct 20th to Ottawa
Courier Passport Delivered Date: Oct 23rd
Passport Received by Office: Dont Know
MyCIC Approved Date: Nov 8th
Return Tracker Activated Date: Waiting
PP and COPR received: Waiting