28-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-02-2018
PNP-Inland
PPR received: Nov 6, 2017
Passport received by CIC: Nov 10, 2017
Approved: Waiting
Return Tracker: Not activated

Spoke with the agent this afternoon and she said current processing time is 4 weeks. Hopefully this is the case.

goliper

Jun 14, 2017
Hi all,

Here's my situation:

PPR received: Nov 14, 2017
Passport received by CIC: Nov 17, 2017
Approved: No update
Return Tracker: Not activated

We are inland, and we have had to send photocopies (my daughter and I are on eTA), and a passport (for my wife). We have travel scheduled for December 15th from earlier this year, and we could not see our application advancing so quickly.

I did include a letter along with the photos/passport/photocopies/Annex explaining that we have a planned trip in about a month's time and was simply requesting that they contact me if they knew it wouldn't be returned by then along with the COPR - so no actual request to expedite it. I also sent an email with the same information/request, to which they responded that they cannot provide any information, except where it is an emergency.

I have also tried calling and speaking to an agent, but the volume of calls is so high, I cannot even get into a queue.

Question for people whose applications have been approved and trackers have been activated: with regards to emails - when the status of the application is updated to "approved" do you also get an email about their "being an update to my application" (as I would get previously before the passport request)?

Thanks!
Here is my situation: I thought that because I am from Brazil and I did not need visa anymore I could have sent only copies. That was my mistake. I got a letter from CIC requesting my original passports. I was able to talk to ta an agent who told me that because of high volume they would not be able to process the passport in time before my wife and son leave on the Dec 14th.
He actually recommended me to send an email to that email requesting our passport (there is an email address there that you send reply in case of any concern) letting the agent know that I would no be sending the passports now, but rather only when my wife and son return from their trip.

So, that's what I did.....there os nothing else I can do now!

Good luck to you

goliper

Jun 14, 2017
Here is my situation: I thought that because I am from Brazil and I did not need visa anymore I could have sent only copies. That was my mistake. I got a letter from CIC requesting my original passports. I was able to talk to an agent who told me that because of high volume they would not be able to process the passport in time before my wife and son leave on the Dec 14th.
He actually recommended me to send an email to that email requesting our passport (there is an email address there that you send reply in case of any concern) letting the agent know that I would not be sending the passports now, but rather only when my wife and son return from their trip.

So, that's what I did.....there os nothing else I can do now!

Good luck to you
By the way: I am inland as well, married with one kid.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
My tracker just got activated

CEC Inland
* I come from a visa exempt country so I only sent a copy of my passport

PPR: Nov 14
Passport sent : Nov 14
Passport delivered : Nov 17
Application approval date: Dec 2nd
Return tracker activation date: Dec 4th
CoPR received: Waiting

goliper

Jun 14, 2017
Guys,
Help me out please!!!! What if you cannot send the passports because your wife and kid will be traveling?

sharmajikabeta

Oct 30, 2017
FSW-O candidate (Current residence : USA, Passport country : India)
PPR Date: 1 Nov
Passport Sent Date: 6 Nov
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 7 Nov
CIC Approved Date: 4 Dec
NOTE: You don't get any email on approval. Keep logging into your CIC account to check status.

FINAL status messages in CIC account:
Application status: A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Review of eligibility: Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your background check was completed.
Final decision: Your application was approved.

Return Tracker Activated Date: Pending
PP and COPR Received Date : Pending

007jatt

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/08/2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon :)
Just got my application Approved

CEC Inland

PP Sent : Nov 6
PP Delivered Nov 7
App Approved : Dec 4
Return Tracker : Pending

nanok

Nov 21, 2017
Hi Nanok,

Does Approval in MyCIC mean the same as printed and ready for shipping. I am getting different meanings.
For some people Approved and Shipped are the same day.
For some others Approved and Shipped are wide apart! And in the tracker, the activity Visa Printed is appearing after Approved!!!
I used the term approved to mean that on MyCIC the status was updated to approved and information about the counterfoil was on there.

PNPPR2016

Mar 29, 2017
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016 received CIC
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
June 2016
Med's Request
October 26, 2017 MR May 01,2017
Med's Done....
October 27 passed
Interview........
??
LANDED..........
INLAND
My tracker just got activated

CEC Inland
* I come from a visa exempt country so I only sent a copy of my passport

PPR: Nov 14
Passport sent : Nov 14
Passport delivered : Nov 17
Application approval date: Dec 2nd
Return tracker activation date: Dec 4th
CoPR received: Waiting
Wow!! Mine delivered Nov 16, still no update

Tomi2

Apr 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Doc's Request.
30-10-2017 (RCMP requested)
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017

Padispoint

Aug 27, 2017
Hey guys take a look at this..
Pilot project to confirm selected in-Canada permanent residents by telephone
Ottawa, December 1, 2017— In an effort to provide better client service, IRCC is testing a new method to confirm permanent residence (PR) by telephone.

Once a PR application has been approved, selected clients, who are already in Canada, will be sent an email from an address ending in “@cic.gc.ca” or a message through their IRCC online accounts inviting them to be confirmed as a permanent resident by telephone.

Clients who proceed with a telephone interview will then have their confirmation of PR either mailed to them or uploaded in their IRCC online account.

The benefit of this pilot project is that clients who are already in Canada do not have to travel to an IRCC office or leave and re-enter Canada in order to be confirmed as a PR, potentially saving clients both time and money.

Clients cannot request to be included in this pilot project, however, depending on the success of the pilot project, IRCC will determine if this should become part of the normal process for all clients.

Some questions on the overall experience may be asked to those who participated and the answers provided will help determine if the pilot was successful. This will not influence the outcome of the client’s confirmation of PR.

Reactions: Pandey013

AJITHBILLA

Star Member
Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 03 2016
Doc's Request.
JAN 11 2016
Med's Request
JAN 14 2017
Med's Done....
JAN 31 2017
Hi Nanok,

Does Approval in MyCIC mean the same as printed and ready for shipping. I am getting different meanings.
For some people Approved and Shipped are the same day.
For some others Approved and Shipped are wide apart! And in the tracker, the activity Visa Printed is appearing after Approved!!!
Approved Means
You should able to see your Document Number in MyCIC .
it Does mean they Printed your PR visa in your passport .