+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Nov 2017

casiopiabiswas

Nov 13, 2017
I was expecting at least some sign of approval today but none for me. Passport got delivered on 27th Nov. Given that they are not working on Monday & Tuesday the next week, I think there will be a delay now. :(

rdubey

Nov 30, 2017
So, return envelop is not empty. Return envelope has 2 Passports ( self and spouse) with visa , 4 COPRs ( 2 per person) and 1 cover letter stating next steps, rules etc etc.

Noticed that visa issue date is incorrect. It's 9th Nov 2017 instead of 9th Dec 2017 ( but then 9th Dec was Saturday !!!. o_O ) Most probably passports are returned in order of visa date ( 9th Nov in my case) and that's why my return tracker got activated within hours of application approval.

EDIT: I am being told that visa issue date is the date when Visa Officer makes decision on your file. SO 9th Nov looks right now.

Here is my final timeline:
Stream: QSW
PPR Date: 8th Nov 2017
Passport Sent Date: 9th Nov 2017 ( By Fedex from East Coast, USA)
Passport Delivered Date: 10th Nov 2017
CPC Approved: 11th Dec 2017 ( in MyCIC, no email, visa issue date is incorrect - 9th Nov 2017 instead of 9th Dec 2017)
Return Tracker Activated Date: 11th Dec 2017
Email of update in MyCIC: 12th Dec 2017 ( no real update observed, I guess update emails are sent 1 day after approval)
Passport Received: 12th Dec.

Good luck everyone !!! :)

Hey man,

I got my passport and COPR a few days ago as well.

I just wanted to make sure I understand the next steps correctly. As far as I can tell we need to prepare for an interview at the border and present a list of all our personal effects for customs/border security.

Do I need to do anything else? do we need to have a "resettlement plan" or is this it?

I'm a little worried because I've recently resigned from my job in the states and while I'm optimistic, I don't have a solid job offer in Canada yet. I have a significant amount of money in savings and a place to go though, so I'm planning on landing sometime in the first week of January. This should be fine, right?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hey man,

I got my passport and COPR a few days ago as well.

I just wanted to make sure I understand the next steps correctly. As far as I can tell we need to prepare for an interview at the border and present a list of all our personal effects for customs/border security.

Do I need to do anything else? do we need to have a "resettlement plan" or is this it?

I'm a little worried because I've recently resigned from my job in the states and while I'm optimistic, I don't have a solid job offer in Canada yet. I have a significant amount of money in savings and a place to go though, so I'm planning on landing sometime in the first week of January. This should be fine, right?
You will find relevant information here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/l1b-visa-want-to-do-short-landing-need-advice.533647/#post-6586814

"Resettlement plan" is not required.

You should be fine. :)

rdubey

Nov 30, 2017

So I can just show up at the border and tell them I'm moving to Canada?

I'll be staying at a friend's house for a month, and I don't have a solid job offer yet. The letter I got with the COPR didn't really have a lot of information. It basically just said I could show up with the COPR and passports. It didn't advise me to carry any other documents but I was planning on bringing it all with me just in case.

Can I call you by any chance? Idk if this message board allows personal messages, but if it does, please send me your number. I have a ton of questions.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
So I can just show up at the border and tell them I'm moving to Canada?

I'll be staying at a friend's house for a month, and I don't have a solid job offer yet. The letter I got with the COPR didn't really have a lot of information. It basically just said I could show up with the COPR and passports. It didn't advise me to carry any other documents but I was planning on bringing it all with me just in case.

Can I call you by any chance? Idk if this message board allows personal messages, but if it does, please send me your number. I have a ton of questions.
Please start a new thread in this forum:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/h-1b-holders-in-the-u-s.59/

KFraz

Dec 23, 2017
Guys,

I am living in Toronto for more than a year now under Work Permit. I am going through the express entry process and just received my PPR a few days ago.

I sent my documents (copy of passports, annex A, pictures and prepaid envelope) from Toronto to

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

I did it through registered mail with signature required. I did it that way because it felt more secure, but after thinking about it I am worried that because it's a PO BOX no one will be there to sign and my documents might not be delivered after all.

What do you guys think? Should I be worried about that? If yes, is there anything that I can do to fix my mistake?

Thank you!

PakiAccountant

May 3, 2017
Hi Guys,

We sent our passports last week on Monday, which were delivered on Tuesday. Status in My CIC account changed to "Approved" on Friday. Does it mean that PR has been printed/stamped in passports or this is just approval and we will get separate email when passports will be sent for printing? I can understand that their office is closed on Monday and Tuesday but I just wanted to confirm if I can expect passport this week?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rajni Singh

Dec 26, 2017
Hi All,

I have submitted my passport for or stamping at New Delhi on 11th Dec,still no change in status through track I'd link,it shows your application is under process at visa office Delhi.It has been more than 16 days now,I am little worried.

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
I don't know if it's related or not but I called them and while I was in the call and gave my number it got approved, lol. Probably coincidence.

Updated timeline:

I got my PPR email on 1st of November.
Sent the passport on 21st of November.
They received the passport on 23rd of November.
Approved on 27th of December.

Reactions: casiopiabiswas

casiopiabiswas

Nov 13, 2017
I don't know if it's related or not but I called them and while I was in the call and gave my number it got approved, lol. Probably coincidence.

Updated timeline:

I got my PPR email on 1st of November.
Sent the passport on 21st of November.
They received the passport on 23rd of November.
Approved on 27th of December.
Hi,

Did you get to know whether they would ship your passport back in a day or two or not? Mine also got approved today on My CIC portal. Visa was printed on 21st Dec.

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hi,

Did you get to know whether they would ship your passport back in a day or two or not? Mine also got approved today on My CIC portal. Visa was printed on 21st Dec.
No, I hang up the phone after I saw it was approved.

I am hoping to get passport back until 1st week of January from the timelines I've seen.

Also, do they send an email after application approved? Should I just wait for my passport letter and instructions will be there?

Thanks

Last edited:

casiopiabiswas

Nov 13, 2017
No, I hang up the phone after I saw it was approved.

I am hoping to get passport back until 1st week of January from the timelines I've seen.

Also, do they send an email after application approved? Should I just wait for my passport letter and instructions will be there?

Thanks
Well, I did not receive any email, it's just on the portal that you would see a change of status. If you are subscribed to your courier service, then the only email would be about the return notification.

Rest instructions are not that complicated. For your next steps, refer to threads that provide you some info on your travel or landing. CoPR & Passports are the imp documents that you will have to have at the time of your landing.

Last edited: