+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Nov 2017

casiopiabiswas

Nov 13, 2017
How long does it really take for the tracker to activate once they confirm that the passports are dispatched? I called yesterday evening and they said the passports were sent out but I haven't seen any update on my FedEx tracker. Any suggestions to approach this situation?

parthiv24

Dec 18, 2014
Guys can you please help me out here. how can i link my passport application to mycic??
i sent mine to ottawa office on 11th dec 2017. now i have only return tracker number which says not activated yet.

casiopiabiswas

Nov 13, 2017
Guys can you please help me out here. how can i link my passport application to mycic??
i sent mine to ottawa office on 11th dec 2017. now i have only return tracker number which says not activated yet.
You can't link your passport. This facility is not available on portals. You will have to email or call CIC agents for status updates weekly for any updates.

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
I got my PPR email on 1st of November.
Sent the passport on 21st of November.
They received the passport on 23rd of November.
Approved on 27th of December.
Tracker activated on 28th of December.
Passport arrived on 3rd of January
Landed as PR on 4th of January

Yey! It has been quite a journey. Seven months total.

Thanks everyone in this forum for the support. It's an invaluable tool!

A last question, how long does it take to be able to link the PR card tracking to the application online? I still cannot find it with UCI + family name.

rdubey

Nov 30, 2017
Hey man,

I was hoping I could bother you with a quick question one last time.

I'm flying to Canada this Wednesday. I have my passport, COPR and the customs form ready. I was just wondering if I need anything else to cross the border. I'm confused because the letter from CPCO states the immigrant visa and COPR together are my PR visa, but says I should check cic.gc.ca to see if I need a visa to visit Canada. Why would I need another visa when they've already issued an immigrant visa? I figured you'd know since you've already landed.

Thanks.

Last edited:

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hey man,

I was hoping I could bother you with a quick question one last time.

I'm flying to Canada this Wednesday. I have my passport, COPR and the customs form ready. I was just wondering if I need anything else to cross the border. I'm confused because the letter from CPCO states the immigrant visa and COPR together are my PR visa, but says I should check cic.gc.ca to see if I need a visa to visit Canada. Why would I need another visa when they've already issued an immigrant visa? I figured you'd know since you've already landed.

Thanks.
Your passport already has visa required to enter Canada for landing. Passport + COPR should be enough.

Reactions: rdubey

rdubey

Nov 30, 2017
Your passport already has visa required to enter Canada for landing. Passport + COPR should be enough.
Thanks man.

We should grab a beer once you move to Canada for good. I'm most likely going to end up around Toronto/GTA. Let me know when you're in town, and thanks again!

Bhargavg2002

Star Member
Aug 20, 2017
You can't link your passport. This facility is not available on portals. You will have to email or call CIC agents for status updates weekly for any updates.
Hi,

How do I contact the agent who is working on my passport? I am a U.S. resident sent courier by FEDEX which shows delivered. But, how would I know an agent has started working on my passport.

Please, share any information you have in this regard.

Thanks...