Passports to CPC Ottawa- Nov 2017

Nov 20, 2017
CEC inland
PPR: 15th Nov
Passport sent : 15th Nov
Passport delivered: 17th Nov
Cpc application approved : 12 Dec
Waiting for tractor to activate..

Question that Windsor Border 24/7 to cross? or we have to go in Business hours?
What about Buffalo NY bridge? if i just cross in to US on weekend ?? come back same day ?

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
PPR sent :15 Nov
PP Deli: 20 Nov
anybody with same timeline please respond

CITU

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Did my landing today. Mine is a family of four. I was aware of some refusals at the bridges near Niagara for landing during weekends (Thursday-Monday), but still wanted to take a chance. Because, I only heard about refusal stories in a different forum, but no official announcement from IRCC. I planned to spend a night in Niagara, NY and then land on the following day. When I crossed the border, the US agent at Rainbow Bridge told me that CBP does not process landing during weekends. The following day (today), I did not want to take a chance, and drove to Thousand Islands. The POE CBP office was almost empty. There was six-seven officers, and only one person who was there not for landing. We were immediately called and submitted our passports and CoPRs. We were asked to confirm all the information on our CoPRs and sign them. We had to turn in our existing WPs. No other question was asked, and no other document was required. The overall process took 10-15 mins. We received our passports with CoPRs stapled. Another single applicant appeared for landing after us. He finished before us. And, I overheard that he was asked to verbally confirm his available fund. While it was a long a detour, I think it was a right decision to go to Thousand Islands. The following link has few horror stories about waiting at the border, and personally it is easier for me to drive more than to spend hours at CBP office or to be refused for landing.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rainbow-bridge-pr-landing-failed.501556/

Last edited:
Reactions: maddyavula

iris19950711

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
11-07-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
2-11-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2017
Hey Everyone:
PPR Date: 21st Nov 2017
Passport Sent Date: 22 Nov 2017
Courier Passport Delivered Date: 23 Nov 2017
CPC Approved: waiting
Return Tracker Activated Date: waiting
I have a flight to catch on 24th Dec, 2017. its been 20 days and mycic account is not updated. I have emailed CIC but no response. Should i attach my tickets and again send them the email?
whats is the duration from approved cic account to passport received.
Thanks
Hello, hopefully you will got approved next week! I have the same situation as you. I have a flight on 24th Dec, so I sent Ottawa an email to ask for faster processing. That is the email they replied me:

Should there be an extenuating circumstance (such as a death in the family or medical emergency) for which you can provide evidence, we will do our best to expedite the processing in our office based on the claim. Please be advised that we will not consider requests that are not of an extenuating circumstance, such as vacation or pre-arranged flights.

SO apparently they do not fasten the process due to pre-arranged flights anymore unless you have emergency situation. Hope this can help you.

tpham

Nov 11, 2017
PPR sent :15 Nov
PP Deli: 20 Nov
anybody with same timeline please respond
Yes I have same timeline, still pending. I'm from a country requiring Visa, thinking they may stop approving new application already until New Year.

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Yes I have same timeline, still pending. I'm from a country requiring Visa, thinking they may stop approving new application already until New Year.
is there any movement on your mycic regarding approval?

tpham

Nov 11, 2017
is there any movement on your mycic regarding approval?

Not yet, I received PPR on Nov 15, sent Passports and photos (me and my hubby) on Nov 16, reached Ottawa office on Nov 20. No update since then. Status is still : "Your application is in progress"

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet, I received PPR on Nov 15, sent Passports and photos (me and my hubby) on Nov 16, reached Ottawa office on Nov 20. No update since then. Status is still : "Your application is in progress"
same here Sent passport on Nov 15,Reached ottawa Nov 20. nothing yet
the 20 business day timeline is over.they should approve it now

coolguy_dec

Star Member
May 27, 2017
My passports were received on 21st Nov'17 and going by the immitracker people with 21st Nov have been approved the CoPR.
I don;t know why it has not been the case for me? How much time do they usually take to update the status on the website?