+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- Nov 2017

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Not really :) My Passports reached Ottawa on 10th Nov and yours on 27th Nov.

I sent CIC an email on 28th Nov and received this response on 4th Dec

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned to you shortly.

Your documents will be returned using the provided Xpresspost envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.

We thank you for your patience.

Regards,
My passport is also delivered on Nov 10. As per the forum, I can see that applications delivered on Nov 8 are getting approved today.
We can expect ours by end of this week mostly.
What do u think?

Leo369

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-04-2017
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2017
LANDED..........
12-01-2018

casiopiabiswas

Nov 13, 2017
Not really :) My Passports reached Ottawa on 10th Nov and yours on 27th Nov.

I sent CIC an email on 28th Nov and received this response on 4th Dec

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned to you shortly.

Your documents will be returned using the provided Xpresspost envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.

We thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Yeah I meant the wait of 2 weeks. Should have been more clear :p. Anyways good to know that it's heading somewhere now. Hoping for the same for myself now :)

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

coolguy_dec

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Hi

When does CIC update the passport received status on MyCIC account because my passports got delivered on 21st Nov'17 but till date my status has not updated.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi

When does CIC update the passport received status on MyCIC account because my passports got delivered on 21st Nov'17 but till date my status has not updated.
CIC won't update MyCIC with passport received status. Next update you will see is "APPROVED" in MyCIC after 2-3 weeks of Passport delivery.

Tolan4uk

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
My passport is also delivered on Nov 10. As per the forum, I can see that applications delivered on Nov 8 are getting approved today.
We can expect ours by end of this week mostly.
What do u think?
Hi there!
I saw some people posted that their applications were approved today and they sent originals passports on Nov 14:(
it's really weird the way they are processing the applications

coolguy_dec

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Hi there!
I saw some people posted that their applications were approved today and they sent originals passports on Nov 14:(
Yeah even I saw it on immitracker one of the persons has a very recent date and for that person the application is approved.

Tolan4uk

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Yeah even I saw it on immitracker one of the persons has a very recent date and for that person the application is approved.
It's all depend on different circumstances like what is program person applying for (CEC, FSW, etc.) also if they are sending
copies or original (those from exempt countries they are getting processed quicker) and of course if they are outland or inland.

BUT when I see a case like mine that applicant is CEC and sent original passport to Ottawa being an inland applicant and received passport request after me....I'm getting mad and scared :D

Reactions: maddyavula

maddyavula

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi there!
I'm speechless now. Im just praying that I get my passport before my flight.

Tolan4uk

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
I'm speechless now. Im just praying that I get my passport before my flight.
but as long as you also have not received it yet and I saw one more guy who has same timeline,
I think it’s normal that there is no updates for all of us. Like we have same situation : CEC, inland, original passport was sent.

maybe we are in a different processing line

Reactions: maddyavula

Tolan4uk

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Yeah,may be! I called CIC this Monday, agent told me-there is a possibility in this week as my passport is sitting in printing room since November 27. She said if u don't see any change till Thursday afternoon then give them a call again on Friday.
I'm not sure, how that's gonna help. Because anyhow they doesn't gonna expedite the process unless it is a real real emergency. I even sent an email few days back with my itenery attached and didn't receive any reply yet.
what is the number to reach them? cause I called cic number and once tried to reach an operator but probably it was too late so I was disconnected