+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
For those of you who received COPR and visa (on passport), is there a photograph on the visa as well? I have a photograph on the COPR, but not on the visa. Just curious, probably not a big deal either way. For those interested here is my timeline.

FSW-O (US resident)
PPR: July 21, 2017
Passport delivered to CPC Ottawa: July 25th
Passport received: Aug 26th

So took a month. Also my return package was delayed (for just a few hrs) at customs because of commercial invoice (I did not include one). However, a quick call to fedex fixed the issue. They just asked what was in the package, I said docs and they let it go. Probably a good idea to include a commercial invoice for $ 1 for those who are yet to send passports.

tanubisht

Aug 20, 2017
Got my passports today, along with appointment for landing at IRCC etobicoke for Aug 15, which came by my email.
Cic send passports on thursday or friday, prior to that they will update approval status in cic account along with dates by which you should be landing, which is now 6 months.
Timelines
Aor- Mar 19
PPR - June 29
Sent passport to ottawa - June 30
Delivered at ottawa-July 4
Approval - July 25 with all details on landing date, which is for july 28
Passport back after stamping - July 28
Invitation for landing interview at etobicoke - july 28
Interview scheduled on Aug 15
Hi could you tell me how did you do your landing at etobicoke.. where did you send a mail to get the request

ilovehockey

Jun 17, 2017
We finally did our landing tonight at peace arch!!

Probably took us less than 30mins inside the canadian border office (line up at the us and then back to the canadian border is another story). Officer only asked for coPR and passports (there's 3 of us). He went through the whole shebang and told us "you are now permanent residents of canada" and then handed over 3 cute canadian flags. Long wait is over.. finally after 3 years!!!

Thanks to all those who helped and answered my questions in this forum. Hoping for everyone to land soon!
Not going to lie, I will be really bitter if I don't get a little Canadian flag when I land... :mad::p

Aaz

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hi could you tell me how did you do your landing at etobicoke.. where did you send a mail to get the request
Hey, congrats on receiving your passport and COPR back!

How did you get the appointment invitation for landing at Etobicoke? Did you call CIC prior to receiving your Passport & COPR or did they send this invitation along with the Passport & COPR?

tanubisht

Aug 20, 2017
Hey, congrats on receiving your passport and COPR back!

How did you get the appointment invitation for landing at Etobicoke? Did you call CIC prior to receiving your Passport & COPR or did they send this invitation along with the Passport & COPR?
Hey I still haven't received my passport waiting for it... before that i wanted to know How to get the appointment invitation for landing at Etobicoke? Should I call CIC prior to receiving my Passport & COPR or will they send this invitation along with the Passport & COPR?

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
@zhuyingsheng @amysanyer @gracefrankie ...

In a situation very similar to yourselves.
Fswo US resident, non US citizen.
Passports reached ottawa on July 27 so 31 days since delivery.

No updates on cic account.

I was told that the visa were printed on August 22nd. But haven't sent any updates on my cic account neither on return shipping tracker.

anhera28

Feb 8, 2017
For those of you who received COPR and visa (on passport), is there a photograph on the visa as well? I have a photograph on the COPR, but not on the visa. Just curious, probably not a big deal either way. For those interested here is my timeline.

FSW-O (US resident)
PPR: July 21, 2017
Passport delivered to CPC Ottawa: July 25th
Passport received: Aug 26th

So took a month. Also my return package was delayed (for just a few hrs) at customs because of commercial invoice (I did not include one). However, a quick call to fedex fixed the issue. They just asked what was in the package, I said docs and they let it go. Probably a good idea to include a commercial invoice for $ 1 for those who are yet to send passports.
Mine is also stuck at customs. Called FedEx and they said since its weekend they can't do much till Monday. Did you call the FedEx customer service or the Memphis Super Hub?

UStoCanada456

Jan 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

Hope you all are doing well. I had a question about the PPR status.

My wife and I received an email from CIC on Aug 2 "Ready for Visa - CPCO-FinalRequest".

We sent our passport with all the documents on Aug 9 and it was delivered on Aug 10. Once the passports are delivered, does CIC update the status online? There has been no acknowledgement of the passport receipt and the online status shows this:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

tanubisht

Aug 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

My wife and I received an email from CIC on Aug 2 "Ready for Visa - CPCO-FinalRequest".

We sent our passport with all the documents on Aug 9 and it was delivered on Aug 10. Once the passports are delivered, does CIC update the status online? There has been no acknowledgement of the passport receipt and the online status shows this:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Is this normal?

yes this is normal you will get a message in your CIC once they make a decision
Good Luck

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Very normal. You may call them on Aug 31. Most likely you'll get your passport back by Sept 11.

Hi Guys,

Is this normal?

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Guys,

My application was approved on August 21. Since I didn't have the tracking number, I called CIC today, and the lady said me they dispatched the passports on August 25, and she gave me the track number, but it is not active. Someone know why this would happen?

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
I guess it was picked late on Friday. Tracker shd be activated today

Guys,

My application was approved on August 21. Since I didn't have the tracking number, I called CIC today, and the lady said me they dispatched the passports on August 25, and she gave me the track number, but it is not active. Someone know why this would happen?

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
We finally did our landing tonight at peace arch!!

Probably took us less than 30mins inside the canadian border office (line up at the us and then back to the canadian border is another story). Officer only asked for coPR and passports (there's 3 of us). He went through the whole shebang and told us "you are now permanent residents of canada" and then handed over 3 cute canadian flags. Long wait is over.. finally after 3 years!!!

Thanks to all those who helped and answered my questions in this forum. Hoping for everyone to land soon!
It means Peace bridge is doing landing on weekends. Earlier had seen people returning without landing from these borders near Niagara.