+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

EdieRo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Not required for people working in Canada .

Correct me if I am wrong.
Unless you have been working in Canada for at least 1 year on NOCs 0, A or B, and applied under CEC stream, you are still required to show proof of funds as part of your application and at the time of landing (if officer asks).

Reactions: mjadawala

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Analysis! Work is work. The officer at the border/flagpole will ask what NOC you work in?

Wonderful!

Unless you have been working in Canada for at least 1 year on NOCs 0, A or B, and applied under CEC stream, you are still required to show proof of funds as part of your application and at the time of landing (if officer asks).

Aktars

Feb 14, 2017
Same here. My passports were delivered on 24-Jul; sent to the Printing Room on 31-Jul (per information received when I called them last week).
I called earlier this week asking an update and was provided the *same* information.
Received an e-mail after I called that my passport has been received and will be returned to me 'shortly'. No updates since then...
This wait is rather frustrating!
How did you get them? Is there a trick? I have tried calling them everyday but I don't get through to the agent. It's been 3 weeks since I sent my passport but no news to date. :(

HelloCanada1234

Aug 2, 2017
Finally became a Permanent Resident last Friday.

I did the landing at Lewiston–Queenston border. It took about 45 min as I arrived during shift changes. The officer asked to sign the COPR and to answer the criminality questions then he asked me about proof of funds. Most of my funds were in the 401 K plan but very easily accessible (in case someone is wondering if 401 k can be shown as proof). He then signed the COPR, congratulated me and gave me the welcome book.

Key dates in my journey: (I got my GCMS notes last month so I added some key dates, June 7 and June 20 were probably the most important ones)

ITA April 2016: Declined
ITA November 2016: Declined
ITA January 2017: Accepted
AOR: March 6
Medical Passed: April 22
BCG: IP1 (Never changed to N/A or IP2)
Medical changed to Not needed somewhere in early May
RCMP request: May 17
RCMP request (2nd letter): June 3
RCMP upload: June 5
Analyst Recommend Pass: June 7
Officer Approval June 20
Action required but no message + medical changed to "if we need medical...will send you a message" : June 20
Called CIC; they informed me Eligibility, Security and Criminality Passed: June 21
Medical changed to Passed: June 29
PPR July 6
PP sent July 8
PP delivered July 10
Decision Made Approved July 31
Label correction email from CPC August 8
Replied with new PDF label August 8
CPC confirming shipping date August 9
PP shipped/tracker activated August 9
PP received August 10th
Landed August 11th

This forum provided valuable information and motivation. Thanks and good luck everyone in your Canadian journey.

Hi,

congratulations!! hope you moved to Canada from US. Did you import your car from US?

Did you moved to Canada for good or going back to US after few days? Please let me know.

sea83

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
Hi,

congratulations!! hope you moved to Canada from US. Did you import your car from US?

Did you moved to Canada for good or going back to US after few days? Please let me know.
I came back the same weekend. My car is financed so I wasn't able to import it. You need a clean title.

mjadawala

Jul 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
13-03-2017 - Travel History IMM5562E
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2016; Med's passed - 23-03-2017
yes it was approved on th 9th
So I should expect my tracker to activate today as my application was approved on August 10.
Fingers crossed!!