+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
I got it yesterday at 9 am. nothing since then.
Im not sure if they sent because i called and had the person i talked to tell them they are late.
Did you call?
I didn't call yet. But a friend of mine called, and got the email a few hours later. I believe it was because of the call, but I'd like to know if the do something besides send a default email.

vincenso

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I didn't call yet. But a friend of mine called, and got the email a few hours later. I believe it was because of the call, but I'd like to know if the do something besides send a default email.
thats a good question. Im not sure if calling made them do it faster and then they sent a email saying everything was close to being done.
In my case i called the day before getting the email.

I responded to their email asking for a little bit more information about what they meant.

Ill keep you updated if i get any informations.

vincenso

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Why they are holding our passports for this long, for it being such an important document?
Sometimes they send in batch
Its my second time sending since the first time they made a mistake on the passport and CORP. So i wasted two months on this part.

ad007

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
07-04-2017
No news yet, delivered on July 21

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
thats a good question. Im not sure if calling made them do it faster and then they sent a email saying everything was close to being done.

I responded to their email asking for a little bit more information about what they meant.

@KarinneSS & @vincenso ... I had also called them yesterday ... today morning @ 9.14AM ET, got an email stating "...Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned to you shortly..." ... looks like a canned response to those people who called in ...

vincenso

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
@KarinneSS & @vincenso ... I had also called them yesterday ... today morning @ 9.14AM ET, got an email stating "...Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned to you shortly..." ... looks like a canned response to those people who called in ...
Did the person you spoke to also told you they were emailing the people at CIC to inform them that your processing is taking too long?

EdieRo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Analysis! Work is work. The officer at the border/flagpole will ask what NOC you work in?

Wonderful!
I didn't understand what you mean, but the 1 year working in the NOCs is part of the CEC requirement, only those applying under CEC do not need to provide proof of funds. I am working in Canada in the NOCs but for less than 1 year, thus I did not qualify for CEC and I had to provide proof of funds and will have them handy at the time of landing in case the office requests, just like someone mentioned earlier that they requested proof of funds.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Did the person you spoke to also told you they were emailing the people at CIC to inform them that your processing is taking too long?
The call center agent told me that a note has been put in the file to review the case and respond since it has been more than 2 weeks since it was received. My FedEx account says it was delivered on July 27th, and the call center agent mentioned that it was noted as received on 27th...

EdieRo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017

I also called them today 9am ET and waited around 15 mins to be able to talk to an agent. He asked for my personal information and when I explained the passports have been there for more than 3 weeks, he put me on hold and later said the passports are in the printing queue and he'd put a note to CPC Ottawa to expedite processing since it's passed the "2 weeks timeline". He also suggested I call again on Monday.
Then 2 hours later I received the automated email Call Center Enquiry from CPC Ottawa saying my passport has been received and will be returned shortly, and to watch for the return envelope tracker.

PPR 07/24
Delivery 07/26
Printing room 08/01
Application status: In progress

ad007

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
07-04-2017
Did you contact them this week? Have you send your docs from US?
I called them yesterday again and they said it is in printing room since July 27. It is taking time due to high volume of passports. Also, when I called them last week I also got same reply that it already crossed 2 weeks time so they will send a note to office and this Monday I got a reply from CPC-ottawa that "They have received my passport and will be returned shortly"

I sent my passport from within Canada, PNP Inlander