Red Deer, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2016 (CIC received it on 01-04-2016)
Doc's Request.
never had
Nomination.....
07-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
IELTS Request
none
Med's Request
04-04-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Interview........
never had
Passport Req..
it is coming......
VISA ISSUED...
.........coming....coming

lehbes

Nov 25, 2015
Red Deer, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2016 (CIC received it on 01-04-2016)
Doc's Request.
never had
Nomination.....
07-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
IELTS Request
none
Med's Request
04-04-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Interview........
never had
Passport Req..
it is coming......
VISA ISSUED...
.........coming....coming

bennybr

Jul 12, 2017
Landing experience at Rainbow Bridge - Peace Bridge - Niagara Falls, ON

I know many of you guys are about to proceed with landing process, so here is my experience today ...

I would like to share my experience at Rainbow bridge today Wednesday August 9, 2017. I decided to complete the landing procedure on working days (Tuesday to Thursday) as recommended by CBSA, but to my surprise the officers at Rainbow bridge said that they have stopped landing at 8:50 am for today because they had received enough applications. I arrived there at 9 am (just 10 minutes after).

They also apologized because they wouldn’t be doing landing as their priority job anymore because summer has lot of tourist rush. I counted that around 20 people were sitting in the waiting area for theirs PR/Study/Work permits.They advised me to contact the call center and make an appointment in the office near my place as they wouldn't receive any applications today.

So as I read all these posts here about some people sharing bad experience at Rainbow Bridge, I decided to try again at Peace bridge (half an hour from Rainbow Bridge). As I went to Niagara Falls by bus from Toronto, I decided to call an uber to drive me to the other bridge. It costed me about $108 CAD round trip (Rainbow Bridge to Peace Bridge) - my uber was amazing and waited for my landing procedures since it would be very hard to call an uber from there.

I arrived at Peace Bridge around 10am. It tooked me around 10 minutes to get my flagpole paper in the USA side and 3 minutes at Peace bridge to complete my paperwork. The border was completed empty. The officers were so polite and asked me about the standard questions (if I had criminal record, dependents, etc). Also, after they signed my CoPR, they told me that my PR card would arrive in 6-8 weeks.

Thank you very much guys for all your help.

Good luck for those who are waiting for approval and I strongly recommend to go to Peace bridge or super early to Rainbow Bridge.

mjadawala

Jul 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
13-03-2017 - Travel History IMM5562E
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2016; Med's passed - 23-03-2017
Passport delivered - July 19, 2017 - still no update. Anybody having similar timeline and still waiting?????
This is beyond ridiculous :mad:

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Passport delivered - July 19, 2017 - still no update. Anybody having similar timeline and still waiting?????
This is beyond ridiculous :mad:
Mine was delivered on July 24th from USA, no news. This is little strange I assumed they will try and act fast on the most important document for a non-citizen. Instead they have kept it so long.

Reactions: induscan17

volodka

Aug 10, 2017
So, a lot of people expirienced enormous processing time for their passports. After the status changed to "approved", the passports were sitting at CIC for a week or so. The agent I talk to said that the only explanation for this is that "they receive thousands of applications every day". Very silly explanation, I think.

After you get your PR, please, spend some time and submit a complaint about your expirience to CIC here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx.

Reactions: induscan17

developer115

Jun 16, 2016
Hi Just Received an email from CPC Ottawa saying this :
Your documents have been returned using the provided Xpresspost envelope. You should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Postwebsite. Please allow at least 2 business days for the tracking information to register on the Canada Post website.

But i just checked my tracker isn't still active. Did anyone else see how long it took after this to see the tracker active?

Here are my time lines
PPR Email : 10th july
PP Sent : 11th July
PP Received Ottawa : 12th July
Application Approved : 1st Aug
Email Regarding sent : 10th Aug
Tracker Active : ????

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine was delivered on July 24th from USA, no news. This is little strange I assumed they will try and act fast on the most important document for a non-citizen. Instead they have kept it so long.
Agreed !!
@adi.urban Did you call them yesterday/today ?
I have the same timeline as yours. I am trying to reach to the agent, but so far, i couldn't.

Mar 20, 2017
34 DAYS...

PR Request - July 05
PP Sent July 05
PP Received - July 07
Printing Room - July 14
Application Approved - August 09
Tracker Activated ??
PP Received ??

cz.pkumar

Nov 29, 2016
34 DAYS...

PR Request - July 05
PP Sent July 05
PP Received - July 07
Printing Room - July 14
Tracker Activated ??
PP Received ??
I am in same boat.

PR Request - July 04
PP Sent July 06
PP Received - July 07
Printing Room - July 14
Tracker Activated ??
PP Received ??

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Agreed !!
@adi.urban Did you call them yesterday/today ?
I have the same timeline as yours. I am trying to reach to the agent, but so far, i couldn't.
I called last Friday, agent was polite and nice. She said the officer got the passport on Jul 31st(fedex delivery date: July 24th) and they have 2 weeks to send it back. I was hoping for at least application approval this week.

And i have started looking for a job however can't commit to availability dates or anything to the recruiters.

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called last Friday, agent was polite and nice. She said the officer got the passport on Jul 31st(fedex delivery date: July 24th) and they have 2 weeks to send it back. I was hoping for at least application approval this week.

And i have started looking for a job however can't commit to availability dates or anything to the recruiters.
I see a person's application with the same timeline as ours got approved yesterday.
I am hoping to see approval this week too.

A question outside the scope of this thread; Are we allowed to work with our stamped CoPR and Social Insurance Number ? or should we wait for our PR Card.

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
I see a person's application with the same timeline as ours got approved yesterday.
I am hoping to see approval this week too.

A question outside the scope of this thread; Are we allowed to work with our stamped CoPR and Social Insurance Number ? or should we wait for our PR Card.
SIN is the only thing you need to start working, I think.