+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passports to cpc ottawa- january 2019

phoenixsong

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
My timeline

Passport Sent 12 Jan (Sat)
Passport received at Ottawa 15 Jan
Application updated 18 Jan (I saw on 19th morning and an email notification came some hours later in afternoon)
Tracker activated 22 Jan
Passport received 23 Jan

The date on COPR is 16th Jan. So seems like COPR was approved just a day later but the one time visa was printed on passport on the 18th.
Congratulations!! Happy Landing! :)

Reactions: SKHM and cansha

js223

Jun 13, 2018
Guys- I live in the US and am planning on sending my passports to Ottawa.
1- What all do I need to send
2- How do I include the return envelope? Fedex? What is the process.

Help appreciated.

SKHM

Jan 25, 2019
Hello Guys,
Passport request Jan 21
Passport sent Jan 24
Passport delivered CPC Ottawa Jan 28

Can someone guide me pls on how do we get confirmation that the passport was received?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Guys,
Passport request Jan 21
Passport sent Jan 24
Passport delivered CPC Ottawa Jan 28

Can someone guide me pls on how do we get confirmation that the passport was received?
You can call them but the best way is to choose signature in delivery option for FedEx or ups and then you can see someone signed for your passport.

SKHM

Jan 25, 2019
You can call them but the best way is to choose signature in delivery option for FedEx or ups and then you can see someone signed for your passport.
I have used Canada Post & I have seen the signature on receiving. but I should call them but I am trying since a few days but it's not connecting to an agent.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have used Canada Post & I have seen the signature on receiving. but I should call them but I am trying since a few days but it's not connecting to an agent.
Oh didn’t realise you’re inland. If you saw signature that is good enough. Just wait for few days and you should see approval on your online account

Orio

Jun 6, 2018
Hey guys,

Here is my timeline:

Passport Sent: 26 Jan (Sat)
Passport Received (CPC): 28 Jan

How long does it usually take to have the passport back? I absolutely need it in two weeks otherwise I am in a big mess.

Thanks

sangappa

Feb 2, 2019
Hi Guys -

PPR - 7th Jan
Passport Sent - 21 Jan
Passport Received - 23 Jan (FedEx Tracking did not show any update till 1st Feb. pending delivery last known destination Ottawa,ON local facility, then suddenly it delivery changed to Delivered on 1st Feb and the delivery date was 23 Jan and received by R.OSIE, the changed happened after several follow ups with FedEx local facility at Ottawa, ON. Not sure if this is real delivery or they manually updated it to back date delivery due to pressure).

GC Key:- No updates at all. Tried calling several times to IRCC , always the same update please wait till 15 days are over and we could not find out your passport in the system.
My Wife Primary - India (VFS Delhi, Visa stamped and CoPR received on 24 Jan)

Please help with any input/suggestions. Its already been 10 days now, I am really worried now.

Last edited:

Orio

Jun 6, 2018
Hi Guys -

PPR - 7th Jan
Passport Sent - 21 Jan
Passport Received - 23 Jan (FedEx Tracking did not show any update till 1st Feb. pending delivery last known destination Ottawa,ON local facility, then suddenly it delivery changed to Delivered on 1st Feb and the delivery date was 23 Jan and received by R.OSIE, the changed happened after several follow ups with FedEx local facility at Ottawa, ON. Not sure if this is real delivery or they manually updated it to back date delivery due to pressure).

GC Key:- No updates at all. Tried calling several times to IRCC , always the same update please wait till 15 days are over and we could not find out your passport in the system.
My Wife Primary - India (VFS Delhi, Visa stamped and CoPR received on 24 Jan)

Please help with any input/suggestions. Its already been 10 days now, I am really worried now.
If FedEx said that they delivered it on 23rd then that was the actual date. Based on the various forums that I have read, it takes CPC Ottawa 4-10 business days to show you that you application was approved and activate the return tracker.

I am freaking out myself not for the fear of rejection, but for the fear that it may take them longer to process. I have to land no matter what before 18 February, otherwise my job is gone ....

sangappa

Feb 2, 2019
Yes, that's true. I waited for 10 days now and still no response. Called CIC and they were not able to locate my passport info on my the file till now.
10 days already and no passport info, not strange? Should i consider lost passport?
Fedex not taking any responsibility on the package at all.

Orio

Jun 6, 2018
Yes, that's true. I waited for 10 days now and still no response. Called CIC and they were not able to locate my passport info on my the file till now.
10 days already and no passport info, not strange? Should i consider lost passport?
Fedex not taking any responsibility on the package at all.
Of course I wouldn't know for sure, but I would say that it's unlikely that FedEx has lost your passport, especially that it has been signed for. Most probably your passport, just like mine, got delivered to the delivery room and is now making its way, slowly though, to the stamping room or whatever. I am not sure how the system works from the inside. I read on the forum that your passport won't appear in the system until it's stamped and brought back for system update. Then the agent who talks to you (from the call center in Montreal) might be able to see it.

It's terrible, I know, especially when you see that others who sent the passports after you did got everything processed. My only wish is to get through this one and never have to deal with IRCC again, until they change something with the system to give people better updates. It's someone's passport after all!

Nancy_N

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
My timeline

Passport Sent 12 Jan (Sat)
Passport received at Ottawa 15 Jan
Application updated 18 Jan (I saw on 19th morning and an email notification came some hours later in afternoon)
Tracker activated 22 Jan
Passport received 23 Jan

The date on COPR is 16th Jan. So seems like COPR was approved just a day later but the one time visa was printed on passport on the 18th.
Hey Cansha, did you receive an email from FedEx when your tracker was activated?