+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA IN Jan 2016 - LETS CONNECT!!

ram_van

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Application approved and closed -3rd feb
Passport recieved ottawa-27th jan.
waiting for return tracker.

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Hello Everyone

After so many years my dream came true, hard to believe. I have been in Canada for almost 6 years and during this time my life has changed completely. I appreciate Canada very much and in love with "her" unconditionally.

Anyways, today, I have finally completed my immigration process, I have landed and now, I just have to wait for my PR card to arrive.

For those who are wondering what the landing process is:

I received my passport and COPR on Monday and surely, I wanted to put a full stop in my immigration process asap. So, I took a day off on Wednesday and went to Coutts, Alberta.

I was very much worried about my trip to the port of entry because I don't have US visitor visa and definitely did not want to screw up the entire immigration process in the end.

When I arrived to Coutts I saw the US port of entry,so, it scared the ship of me as I expected to see Canada port of entry first, however, when I get to the point and I told US Visa Officer that I wanted to land as a Canada PR he smiled, then took my passport and said " go to the light parking, get to the building (double doors), sit and wait for your name".
Wow, What a relief, I must have done it right.
Almost, right after, I went to the double doors a VO called my name and gave me the entry refusal letter.
then asked me if I am driving or walking i said driving and he then said - "get to the parking, go to your car and follow me". For the first time in my life I was accompanied by a police truck with flashing lights but to be honest it lasted only 50 or less meters.

So, I went back to Canada and a Canadian VO asked me if I carry alcohol, weapons or money over $10k. Of course, I didn't and after I said - No, He very politely told me to park my car and go to the building, love Canada.

So, overall, I spend around 10 mins in the building and a VO asked me few questions and for my work permits as they are Canadian property and must be returned.
All in all, The VO was so nice and helpful to deal with. He explained everything and welcomed me to Canada.

I regretted just about one thing that i wasn't born in Canada in the first place.

A Special thank you goes to maverick85 and phyroms, you made me change my mind to go to Coutts.

Opening a bottle of champagne now!

maverick85

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
Mesad said:
Hello Everyone

After so many years my dream came true, hard to believe. I have been in Canada for almost 6 years and during this time my life has changed completely. I appreciate Canada very much and in love with "her" unconditionally.

Anyways, today, I have finally completed my immigration process, I have landed and now, I just have to wait for my PR card to arrive.

For those who are wondering what the landing process is:

I received my passport and COPR on Monday and surely, I wanted to put a full stop in my immigration process asap. So, I took a day off on Wednesday and went to Coutts, Alberta.

I was very much worried about my trip to the port of entry because I don't have US visitor visa and definitely did not want to screw up the entire immigration process in the end.

When I arrived to Coutts I saw the US port of entry,so, it scared the ship of me as I expected to see Canada port of entry first, however, when I get to the point and I told US Visa Officer that I wanted to land as a Canada PR he smiled, then took my passport and said " go to the light parking, get to the building (double doors), sit and wait for your name".
Wow, What a relief, I must have done it right.
Almost, right after, I went to the double doors a VO called my name and gave me the entry refusal letter.
then asked me if I am driving or walking i said driving and he then said - "get to the parking, go to your car and follow me". For the first time in my life I was accompanied by a police truck with flashing lights but to be honest it lasted only 50 or less meters.

So, I went back to Canada and a Canadian VO asked me if I carry alcohol, weapons or money over $10k. Of course, I didn't and after I said - No, He very politely told me to park my car and go to the building, love Canada.

So, overall, I spend around 10 mins in the building and a VO asked me few questions and for my work permits as they are Canadian property and must be returned.
All in all, The VO was so nice and helpful to deal with. He explained everything and welcomed me to Canada.

I regretted just about one thing that i wasn't born in Canada in the first place.

A Special thank you goes to maverick85 and phyroms, you made me change my mind to go to Coutts.

Opening a bottle of champagne now!
Hey.. Congratulations! All the very best for your future in Canada..

I am going to Coutts on Friday. Hope it all goes well. Thanks for sharing your landing experience in detail, this is like a rehearsal :)

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
jeetjariwala said:
Hello,

My application was closed on Feb 3rd but tracking still not activated.
It will probably activate today or for sure by tomorrow. Generally it takes a day or two for the return tracker to be activated.

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
Just got my passport back. Timeline for reference..

Passport sent - 22 Jan
Passport received - 25 Jan
Application Approved - 1 Feb
Application Closed - 2 Feb
Return tracker activated - 3 Feb
Got Passport - 4 Feb

rajdeep115

Oct 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajdeep115 said:
My xpress post number got activated last evening and the package reached East York this morning at 7.30. No change in tracking since then. I live in Toronto. I thought this was a one day/next day service. Not sure what's going on. Anybody else have this issue? I thought my PP was delivered as my doorman said there was a Canada post package for me. But that was something else:( Without realizing that I rented a car to drive tonight to Niagara. GUess that is not happening and I wasted one day of rental. I'll be pissed if I dont get it even tomorrow.
Ok the CanadaPost was just sitting on my package for a day. I called them and raised hell and got the passport yesterday.

Also, last night I drove down to Rainbow bridge and did my landing around 11.30pm. It was super fast. I recommend ppl to go on a weekday to do their landing. They told me that I'd have had to wait for 4hours+ if it were a weekend.

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
rajdeep115 said:
Ok the CanadaPost was just sitting on my package for a day. I called them and raised hell and got the passport yesterday.

Also, last night I drove down to Rainbow bridge and did my landing around 11.30pm. It was super fast. I recommend ppl to go on a weekday to do their landing. They told me that I'd have had to wait for 4hours+ if it were a weekend.
What kind of documents you carried?

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a quick question to those who did their flag polling in the border.

Did the US officer give you white slip (notice of refusal)? or yellow slip?

I got white slip with my name and DOB on it.

Thanks

big fish

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Just received my COPR and visas! It took less than one full day for canadapost to deliver it from Ottawa to Alberta! And it was 15 days total for passports to return back.
Now need to make an appointment with cic office!

rbnayak

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I got my passport Back with visa Stamping and Copr from ottawa,

But my spouse is still waiting to get passport back from banglore visa office in india for 2 weeks. Anyone can say here, how long would it takes?

Can I go to border here in Canada for landing before she got her passport back?

Express123

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
PPR- Jan 21st
Passport received Ottawa-27th Jan.
Application approved and closed -4th Feb.
waiting for return tracker.

anuradha7326

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014 CC Charged 27 March 2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP scores Sent with application
File Transfer...
15th April 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Decision Made 12.01.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hansdza said:
Just a quick question to those who did their flag polling in the border.

Did the US officer give you white slip (notice of refusal)? or yellow slip?

I got white slip with my name and DOB on it.

Thanks
White slip stating my name and date of birth. It also said "This alien is refused entry into the United States"

saurez7777

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Hi Guys- what are the documents needed to carry to border for landing?... I am under PNP-CEC... what are the questions to be expected?

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I am going to apply a US visa and I am wondering what is the answer for question "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

YES OR NO?

Since I did cross the border to do flag polling and received white slip notice of refusal, does it mean I have been refused admission to the united states?

I tried to find the answer anywhere in this forum and some people said yes while other say no. It is really confusing. which one is true. They cannot be both right, can`t they?

Thanks again and sorry If i drop my question in wrong thread. I guess other folks who did their flag polling would probably have the same question too.