+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA IN Jan 2016 - LETS CONNECT!!

SamKo

Jun 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-06-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
Masin said:
Dear friends,
Who signed for your package when your passport received in Ottawa? Mine was signed by Jody Thomas!
Mine was received on Feb 5th and signed by "MR BORGEAT", no sign of return tracker yet, but my application was approved and closed two days ago.

maverick85

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
SamKo said:
Mine was received on Feb 5th and signed by "MR BORGEAT", no sign of return tracker yet, but my application was approved and closed two days ago.
Mine was signed by Mr BORGEAT too. Your return tracker may get activated by evening today around 6:30 PM mountain time.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know around what time the tracking number is activated?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Masin said:
You are right, It is single entry visa. But from what I understood he wants to use that single entry visa when he returns back from UK and not now! Am I right?
Both of these things could be true. Because a person who is here on a study or work permit often has a multiple entry trv that they can use to enter exit Canada any number of times.

Until you tell CBSA that you intend to land as a PR, your existing work / study permit and visa would remain valid. So one could still keep using that until the final Entry when they intend to land as a PR.

However, I don't know of any one who has actually been doing this.

Normally people do it for going and coming back from US only and THAT does not require a visa

i.e. if you are admitted to Canada with a valid work or study permit and you are returning from US, you do not require a TRV to enter FROM US ONLY. This does not apply to any other country.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application in the first page of CIC got approved around 3:00 pm today but it is still open in the second page! Is this normal?

zagahr

Feb 11, 2016
Masin said:
My application in the first page of CIC got approved around 3:00 pm today but it is still open in the second page! Is this normal?
Same happened to me. Check again tomorrow and you'll see the update on the second page.
And then a GHOST email few hours after that....Congrats

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zagahr said:
Same happened to me. Check again tomorrow and you'll see the update on the second page.
And then a GHOST email few hours after that....Congrats
Thanks zagahr,
It finally shows closed and complete in the second page too.

mojo

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24th
Nomination.....
March27th
AOR Received.
April 25th
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
Hello Guys,

I just received my CopR and I want to do landing near Ottawa borders , I live in ottawa, I received my PR under the FSWP , my question is related to the prof of funds, I work as an engineer in ottawa, but I defenitly dont have 12000 dollars now in my account.

I don't know how to do the landing , can anyone advise please.

What papers should I bring with me ??

I want to do flagpoling , would it affect me from getting a US visa in the future ???

Anyone did their Landing near Ottawa ??

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mojo said:
Hello Guys,

I just received my CopR and I want to do landing near Ottawa borders , I live in ottawa, I received my PR under the FSWP , my question is related to the prof of funds, I work as an engineer in ottawa, but I defenitly dont have 12000 dollars now in my account.

I don't know how to do the landing , can anyone advise please.

What papers should I bring with me ??

I want to do flagpoling , would it affect me from getting a US visa in the future ???

Anyone did their Landing near Ottawa ??
If you weren't POF exempt in your application i.e. you didn't have an LMIA job or something, you definitely need to carry proof of funds.

It could just be a print out of your statement containing the money and CBSA may or may not ask for it. But you have to carry that.

You mainly should be carrying your COPR, passport, POF, proof of job / current residence etc. It would be good if you carry other docs that you submitted for PR, but those are generally not required.

No flag poling does not affect any visas at all. It is a pretty common process.

I have known people doing landing on Cornwall border near Ottawa. But it is not a major border. So preferably go there on a week day in working hours.

Lastly, the CIC office in Ottawa accept walk in landing without appointments. I think it is first and third Tuesdays of every month or something. So you might consider that as well. If not you should be prepared to give CBSA a reason why you didn't land at a CIC office.

mojo

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24th
Nomination.....
March27th
AOR Received.
April 25th
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
fkl said:
If you weren't POF exempt in your application i.e. you didn't have an LMIA job or something, you definitely need to carry proof of funds.

It could just be a print out of your statement containing the money and CBSA may or may not ask for it. But you have to carry that.

You mainly should be carrying your COPR, passport, POF, proof of job / current residence etc. It would be good if you carry other docs that you submitted for PR, but those are generally not required.

No flag poling does not affect any visas at all. It is a pretty common process.

I have known people doing landing on Cornwall border near Ottawa. But it is not a major border. So preferably go there on a week day in working hours.

Lastly, the CIC office in Ottawa accept walk in landing without appointments. I think it is first and third Tuesdays of every month or something. So you might consider that as well. If not you should be prepared to give CBSA a reason why you didn't land at a CIC office.
if you may look at this link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

" You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada. "

does that mean that If you have a work permit , and you are working in Canada you don't have to show the proof of funds ??

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mojo said:
if you may look at this link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

" You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada. "

does that mean that If you have a work permit , and you are working in Canada you don't have to show the proof of funds ??
No it doesn't. There is an AND there. and I suppose you do not have an LMIA job.

Other jobs based upon an open work permit do not qualify for exemption from POF.

mojo

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24th
Nomination.....
March27th
AOR Received.
April 25th
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
fkl said:
No it doesn't. There is an AND there. and I suppose you do not have an LMIA job.

Other jobs based upon an open work permit do not qualify for exemption from POF.
Would Paystubs and T4 slips be considered as proof of funds ????

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mojo said:
Would Paystubs and T4 slips be considered as proof of funds ????
I understand your situation friend. But I am sorry. Since your original program required you to show proof of funds - and you did I believe.

There is no way around that. You might get lucky if CBSA guy doesn't want to ask for that. But would you want to take that chance?

If you are short on funds, I advise borrowing them from some one (also go right after pay day so your pay stub supported funds add to that in your account), put into your account and get a print out from bank of net worth / current statement. The requirements upon landing are nothing like showing those for 6 months untouched in your account. So you should be good this way. I don't think there is an alternate option.

mojo

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 24th
Nomination.....
March27th
AOR Received.
April 25th
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
fkl said:
I understand your situation friend. But I am sorry. Since your original program required you to show proof of funds - and you did I believe.

There is no way around that. You might get lucky if CBSA guy doesn't want to ask for that. But would you want to take that chance?

If you are short on funds, I advise borrowing them from some one (also go right after pay day so your pay stub supported funds add to that in your account), put into your account and get a print out from bank of net worth / current statement. The requirements upon landing are nothing like showing those for 6 months untouched in your account. So you should be good this way. I don't think there is an alternate option.
I am thinking of borrowing 10K cash and returning them right away after I am done with landing. Would that work ??