+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA IN Jan 2016 - LETS CONNECT!!

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uncle_smile said:
COPR returned FEB 16, Landed at Peace Arch FEB 17
Is this the normal timeline for visa issuance? this makes me worried! I need my passport by the end of Feb.

adudida

Feb 4, 2016
Masin,

My cic updated to complete and approved but return ticket is not activate yet.

I guess you will get your passport next week.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adudida said:
Masin,

My cic updated to complete and approved but return ticket is not activate yet.

I guess you will get your passport next week.
Hey adudida,
Congrats! I remember you said your passport reached Ottawa on Feb. the 8th. Your application has been approved today?

zagahr

Feb 11, 2016
Question-
I got my passport back and CoPR today. I noticed the expiry date on the visa sticker was dated for September 2016. Is this normal?
For some reasons I was expecting something like "Expiry Date - Forever"

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zagahr said:
Question-
I got my passport back and CoPR today. I noticed the expiry date on the visa sticker was dated for September 2016. Is this normal?
For some reasons I was expecting something like "Expiry Date - Forever"
Yes it is normal, the expiry date of visa is either a year after your medical exam or your passport expiration date whichever happens first.

zagahr

Feb 11, 2016
Masin said:
Yes it is normal, the expiry date of visa is either a year after your medical exam or your passport expiration date whichever happens first.
Thanks for the clarification Masin.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,
Who signed for your package when your passport received in Ottawa? Mine was signed by Jody Thomas!

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Can any one please tell me what is COPR
And what will happen once CIC receive my passport. I mean what are the steps.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priyankaj said:
Can any one please tell me what is COPR
And what will happen once CIC receive my passport. I mean what are the steps.
COPR is confirmation of permanent residency. Two letters will be sent to you with your passport and you take them to the border when you are landing. The officer will take one of them and return back the other one stating your landing information. You keep this landing document for rest of your life, specially you will need it for citizenship.

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Masin said:
COPR is confirmation of permanent residency. Two letters will be sent to you with your passport and you take them to the border when you are landing. The officer will take one of them and return back the other one stating your landing information. You keep this landing document for rest of your life, specially you will need it for citizenship.
Thank you Masin
If I am not wrong once I go to Canada's border, and the process is done, I cannot leave the Country for 3 months.
I have trip for UK in March 24. Will it be possible that when I'll return from UK, this process can be complete at airport, instead of going to Canada's border

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priyankaj said:
Thank you Masin
If I am not wrong once I go to Canada's border, and the process is done, I cannot leave the Country for 3 months.
I have trip for UK in March 24. Will it be possible that when I'll return from UK, this process can be complete at airport, instead of going to Canada's border
Check your visa expiration date. If it is still valid when you are returning back from UK, you will be fine to land at the airport then.

zagahr

Feb 11, 2016
Masin said:
Check your visa expiration date. If it is still valid when you are returning back from UK, you will be fine to land at the airport then.
I thought the number of entry on the visa is "ONE". If he lands before going to the UK shouldn't that have exhausted the entry times?

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zagahr said:
I thought the number of entry on the visa is "ONE". If he lands before going to the UK shouldn't that have exhausted the entry times?
You are right, It is single entry visa. But from what I understood he wants to use that single entry visa when he returns back from UK and not now! Am I right?

adudida

Feb 4, 2016
Masin said:
Hey adudida,
Congrats! I remember you said your passport reached Ottawa on Feb. the 8th. Your application has been approved today?
Thank you Masin, and yes, my PP was received on 8th and approved on 17th. Now I am waiting for the passport, hopefully, next week.

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adudida said:
Thank you Masin, and yes, my PP was received on 8th and approved on 17th. Now I am waiting for the passport, hopefully, next week.
Thanks for your response,
when I enter Mycic, in the first page, it shows that my application has been approved but when I enter to the second page the application status is still open! Is the same for you?
Please also keep me posted about when your tracking number is activated!