+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA in April 2016

saba_canada

Oct 14, 2015
purplewestern said:
Omg i have the same situation, I sent my passport last Friday though Canada Post xpress, and the status shows reached Ottawa since yesterday, and it has been sitting there.
I went to the closet Canada post office and they suggested that I wait. It's supposed to be express courier, which should take 1-2 days. I wonder what post service other people used.

I will let you know if there is any update at my end.
Hi Purple western

I was going though the forum and found this thread : pls. go through the comment from gn53914.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/signature-request-on-express-post-while-sending-passport-t135701.0.html

ukaz007

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally sent the PP package to Ottawa. Let's see how long it will take to get them back.

samller

Sep 11, 2015
Hi guys,

my timeline: (inland FSW, passport tpye: Visa exception)

PPR received: Mar 23, 2016
PPR sent to Ottawa: Apr 6, 2016

Still waiting...

I wonder does my application would take longer or shorter because of holding a HK passport.

Regards,

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplewestern said:
May I know what post service you used?
I sent mine through Canada Post Express courier on April 15th, and the package hasn't arrived yet.

Thank you.
Canada Post Xpresspost. You are OBLIGED to use it as per PPR instructions anyway. I live near Toronto so signed it in at noon, it went at midnight to missisauga then took it another 12 hours to reach Ottawa delivery point, then reached them by noon next day. That's a standard for Toronto - Ottawa xpresspost.

A remainder: please everyone could you enter your passport process details in the form at my signature, and then see the average for all of us at the sheet?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
saba_canada said:
Hi All

I am facing a strange issue so need your guidance.After getting PPR request , I sent the package to the following address as mentioned in teh ready for visa email :

Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

But even after two days teh status from Canada post shows that the package has reached OTTAWA, ON but says - Item available for pick-up. Talking to Canadapost they informed that the Office has requested for "Hold Mail" for the above address and soemone from the PR office need to pick up teh pacakge.

This sounds strange as if really someone from the CIC - PR office would come and pick up the pacakge. I had requested for the "Signature option".

Is there anyone who has faced the similar issue ?

pls. suggest . Canadapost is asking me to connect with teh Ottata Office , I dont have any number.

Nothing to worry about. You sent your letter to a P.O box. It's a box and it gets full. So CIC will ask Canada Post to stop the mail and they will pick it up when they have room. In my correspondence with CIC yesterday the agent informed me that they have huge piles of passports to stamp and the return time after an application is approved and closed is 2-3 weeks.

So do not stress. You envelope will be retrieved by the CIC and processed.

Stay calm like you have until now.

manpreetkaur30061984

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they have changed the processing times for passports to be sent back to two weeks , starting from April candidates. Because the people from March got their passports back within 3 to 4 days after application approval and closure.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
manpreetkaur30061984 said:
I think they have changed the processing times for passports to be sent back to two weeks , starting from April candidates. Because the people from March got their passports back within 3 to 4 days after application approval and closure.
CIC for 2-3 weeks did not give many PPRs. So then the people in March sent their PPs CIC was able to process them quickly. However, now the CIC has given many PPRs and therefore, the turn around time has gone up.

cantn

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manpreetkaur30061984 said:
It's also taking them longer to approve and close the application once they receive the passports. I don't know which is more frustrating - waiting for PPR or waiting for passports.

benzylamine

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have just send email to them asking when will my passport return, they replied me:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned to you shortly.

Your documents will be returned using the provided Xpresspost envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.

We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails.

Regards,

;D ;D

manpreetkaur30061984

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benzylamine said:
I have just send email to them asking when will my passport return, they replied me:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned to you shortly.

Your documents will be returned using the provided Xpresspost envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.

We thank you for your patience. In order to efficiently process requests, we will not reply to duplicate emails.

Regards,

;D ;D
When and where did you send them an email ??

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Hi,

I am FSW inland. I received PPR in my email and there was no message or update in myCIC account. I sent my passport on 15/04 and CIC Ottawa received it on April 18th. So far no update in my CIC account and no message. Is this normal? Anybody with similar timeline please reply.

Thanks a lot!

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rezasorna said:
Hi,

I am FSW inland. I received PPR in my email and there was no message or update in myCIC account. I sent my passport on 15/04 and CIC Ottawa received it on April 18th. So far no update in my CIC account and no message. Is this normal? Anybody with similar timeline please reply.

Thanks a lot!
This is totally normal, Just relax and everything should be fine. the process is becoming slower in April as per previous posts, it may take 2-3 weeks till you get your PP back.

During this period your application should be approved.

lvlemon1

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015