+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA in April 2016

saba_canada

Oct 14, 2015
mdotk said:
First, I am not an expert, So I will just say my humble opinion since you seem to be in a hurry.

As far I remember reading on this forum, there is no problem travelling after the AOR as long as you have listed all you travel history till the AOR date.

if the new stamps are after AOR date, my humble opinion is "no problem here".

Please ask experts on other threads or create a new thread to get more accurate info to be confident.
Thank you mdotk.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone on this thread. I got PPR April 18 and sent my passport the same day. It reaches ottawa today April 19th. Do you have a spreadsheet here? Do you have any statistics about the process that I can see?

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
Hi everyone on this thread. I got PPR April 18 and sent my passport the same day. It reaches ottawa today April 19th. Do you have a spreadsheet here? Do you have any statistics about the process that I can see?
First of all, Congrats and welcome to the thread.

No, we don't have a certain spread sheet.

The trend for those who send the passport around 7 April is that some of us got our application approved/ closed after the passport reached Ottawa by few days. Some people still did not get their application approved.

However, All of us still did not receive the PP back nor was the return tracker activated.

It seems that the will send them as a bunch.

What I think you should do is to keep checking your myCIC account and follow this thread,

Good Luck

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
Please tell me if there is a spreadsheet available for our group.

If not: I created this form and intend to use your entries to create one spreadsheet and maintain it.
Could you please help?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1x5Rr1P0BqPqZ_Scigq4GR3ma-kZWphz533rWY-2mUAo/viewform

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
;D ;D ;D COMEDY OF ERRORS ;D ;D ;D ;D

After wondering where my PP is, and why the tracker has not been activated, I sent an email to CIC last week inquiring about the PP. This morning I received a reply. Here is the correspondence between me and the CIC agent. It made me smile and I hope it makes you smile too.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your documents have been finalized and are now ready to be returned to you however, no prepaid return envelope was provided, or the one provided can only be used in the USA.

For a sooner and more secure delivery, we strongly suggest an online shipping label or a prepaid return envelope from a private courier of your choice (must operate in Canada). Some suggestions include FedEx, UPS, and Purolator.

Purchasing an Online Shipping Label

1. The From section must be our address:

CPC-Ottawa | CTD-Ottawa
PR-TR PRINTING | IMPRESSION RP-RT
365 LAURIER AVENUE WEST
OTTAWA ON K1A 1L1

The TO section will be your address.

2. You will send the online shipping label via an email attachment.

Once we receive your email, your label will be printed and used to mail your documents back to you.

Purchasing a Prepaid Return Envelope

1. Purchase two envelopes. Place the prepaid return envelope inside of the first envelope.

2. Write the words URGENT VISA PRINT ROOM (INSERT YOUR APPLICATION NUMBER HERE) on the OUTSIDE envelope.

3. Send us an email confirming that you have sent the return envelope. Include the tracking number of the OUTSIDE envelope in this email.

4. Send a second email notifying us once the private courier has delivered the envelope to our office.

Please note that for security reasons, our office does not send passports outside Canada and the US.

Thank you,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I replied back:

Dear Officer,

Thank you for your reply. In the package which was sent by me to your office contained my passport, 2 photographs and a Canada Post - Xpresspost™ USA Prepaid Envelope, specifically for shipments to the US from Canada. A description of the service is available on the Canada Post website <https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/envelopes/xpresspost-tm-prepaid/usa/p-102222.jsf?execution=e1s1>.

However, if the prepaid envelope was lost or could not be located, please find attached along with a FedEx shipping label (YES, I SPENT ANOTHER $40 TO GENERATE A SHIPPING LABLE) generated as per the instructions sent in the previous email.

If you may have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kind Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CIC replied back:

Good afternoon

My mistake Sir. You are absolutely right about your envelope. We see so many different ones In the span of a day. I will be mailing out your documents today.

All the best

Now this does not mean that your pre-paid shipping envelope is lost too, however send an email and find out if you have been waiting for too long. My application was approved and closed on April 11.

This is specifically for my situation as my PP & COPR has to be shipped back to the US.

For everyone else who has been waiting for their tracking number to be activated, it won't be a bad idea to send an email and ask. Send the email to the id in your PPR mail.

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ohh, that's too strange.
It is scary when it comes to the passport.
I hope you will receive it with no problems.
Mine is inside Canada, and my application was approved on April 11 or 12, I don't remember exactly.
I hope there won't be any issue with ones within Canada.

people inside Canada waiting their PP back ... What do think guys ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
mdotk said:
Ohh, that's too strange.
It is scary when it comes to the passport.
I hope you will receive it with no problems.
Mine is inside Canada, and my application was approved on April 11 or 12, I don't remember exactly.
I hope there won't be any issue with ones within Canada.

people inside Canada waiting their PP back ... What do think guys ?
I hope there should be no issues. But if you do not hear back after a week, you should ask. And just to caution you, when you send an email to CIC, it takes them 3-5 days to revert back.

So be aware of that. I hope there is no such issue in your case, and hope you get your documents back asap.

;D

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
legalfalcon said:
;D ;D ;D COMEDY OF ERRORS ;D ;D ;D ;D

After wondering where my PP is, and why the tracker has not been activated, I sent an email to CIC last week inquiring about the PP. This morning I received a reply. Here is the correspondence between me and the CIC agent. It made me smile and I hope it makes you smile too.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your documents have been finalized and are now ready to be returned to you however, no prepaid return envelope was provided, or the one provided an only be used in the USA.

For a sooner and more secure delivery, we strongly suggest an online shipping label or a prepaid return envelope from a private courier of your choice (must operate in Canada). Some suggestions include FedEx, UPS, and Purolator.

Purchasing an Online Shipping Label

1. The From section must be our address:

CPC-Ottawa | CTD-Ottawa
PR-TR PRINTING | IMPRESSION RP-RT
365 LAURIER AVENUE WEST
OTTAWA ON K1A 1L1

The TO section will be your address.

2. You will send the online shipping label via an email attachment.

Once we receive your email, your label will be printed and used to mail your documents back to you.

Purchasing a Prepaid Return Envelope

1. Purchase two envelopes. Place the prepaid return envelope inside of the first envelope.

2. Write the words URGENT VISA PRINT ROOM (INSERT YOUR APPLICATION NUMBER HERE) on the OUTSIDE envelope.

3. Send us an email confirming that you have sent the return envelope. Include the tracking number of the OUTSIDE envelope in this email.

4. Send a second email notifying us once the private courier has delivered the envelope to our office.

Please note that for security reasons, our office does not send passports outside Canada and the US.

Thank you,

I replied back:

Dear Officer,

Thank you for your reply. In the package which was sent by me to your office contained my passport, 2 photographs and a Canada Post - Xpresspost™ USA Prepaid Envelope, specifically for shipments to the US from Canada. A description of the service is available on the Canada Post website <https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/envelopes/xpresspost-tm-prepaid/usa/p-102222.jsf?execution=e1s1>.

However, if the prepaid envelope was lost or could not be located, please find attached along with a FedEx shipping label (YES, I SPENT ANOTHER $40 TO GENERATE A SHIPPING LABLE) generated as per the instructions sent in the previous email.

If you may have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kind Regards,

CIC replied back:

Good afternoon

My mistake Sir. You are absolutely right about your envelope. We see so many different ones In the span of a day. I will be mailing out your documents today.

All the best

Now this does not mean that your pre-paid shipping envelope is lost too, however send an email and find out if you have been waiting for too long. My application was approved and closed on April 11.

This is specifically for my situation as my PP & COPR has to be shipped back to the US.

For everyone else who has been waiting for their tracking number to be activated, it won't be a bad idea to send an email and ask. Send the email to the id in your PPR mail.
Oh, this is hilarious! I'm glad you got a reply from the agent :) Mine was received by IRCC on April 11, but there has been no changes to my application on MY CIC, so I guess my COPR hasn't been issued till now. I'm thinking of giving IRCC a few more days and then following up with them. After all, the longer my passport is at their office, the higher the risk that they might "loose" it! :D

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That did not happen for those who send it in March (other thread).

Guys,

How many of you got the application approved more than 1 week ago and still waiting for PP to come back?
Am I the only one (beside legalfalcon's case) ?

If this is the case for many of us, then I would assume it is not an error .. maybe some other reason we don't know

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Got another email from CIC:

Hello again;

All good the documents will be going out today by FED-Ex.

Kind Regards

ID xxxxxxx
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada -
Government of Canada - Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

With all my grievances in the delay of processing my PR application in the last 7.5 months, this is the fastest turn around time I have witnessed from the CIC.

They replied to 3 of my emails within the last 2 hours.

I can cut CIC some slack for their promptness today. :D

HudsonBanks

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
legalfalcon said:

Hello again;

Kind Regards

ID xxxxxxx
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada -
www.cic.gc.ca

With all my grievances in the delay of processing my PR application in the last 7.5 months, this is the fastest turn around time I have witnessed from the CIC.

Thanks for this info! At least now we know that human error from CIC is one of the causes of delay with passport return. +1

manpreetkaur30061984

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:

Hello again;

Kind Regards

ID xxxxxxx
www.cic.gc.ca

Hello there

Where did you send them an email ?? I am thinking I will also do that today.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To
mdotk said:
That did not happen for those who send it in March (other thread).

Guys,

How many of you got the application approved more than 1 week ago and still waiting for PP to come back?
Am I the only one (beside legalfalcon's case) ?

If this is the case for many of us, then I would assume it is not an error .. maybe some other reason we don't know
I created this form and intend to use your entries to create one spreadsheet and maintain it.
We can use this to find such info. Use links at my signature:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1x5Rr1P0BqPqZ_Scigq4GR3ma-kZWphz533rWY-2mUAo/viewform

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
manpreetkaur30061984 said:
Hello there

Where did you send them an email ?? I am thinking I will also do that today.
I sent the email to Ottawa at their id which is also on the PPR. <CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca>.

This is the only way to reach them. I believe that I sent an email to them last week on Thursday. They replied back this morning, however in the email I had the instructions to reply with a specific number in the subject line so that the email is received promptly by the concerned agent in the mail room.

I am sorry, I cannot share the agent number here.

Hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Finally the tracker was activated (of the new FedEx shipping label I created) and it is on its way. I should have it with me either tomorrow or day after. Eagerly waiting for the PR journey to come to an end.