+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa - February 2018

sudiptosrkr

Feb 15, 2016
Hey congrats,
What was your Passport Delivered date to Ottawa ? and How was your landing experience ?
Passport received in Ottawa: 23 Feb 2018
Passport delivered to me with COPR: 2 Mar 2018
Landing completed: 3 Mar 2018

I went to the Lansdowne Bridge(1000 island) for my landing. Although is a longer drive than any of the Niagara region bridge from Toronto but it's totally worth it.. Absolutely no rush and they do landing 24X7. Everything was done for us in 30 minutes.. including flagpolling to US, coming back and getting landing docs signed...

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Congrats and all the best for you landing. Keep us posted with your experience!! Cheers!
Hi
I did my landing on Sunday, at the Sarnia / Port Huron Blue Water Bridge with my family of 4 and it was a 15 minutes process, we were the only one in the office, shortly after another couple from the US came into land as well. We spent Saturday in Port Huron and went to the border at 9am Sunday morning. Officers were friendly and had small talk while joking with our two children.

He however told us to tell our friends, who planning to do the same thing, to just do it by calling the IRCC offoce in Toronto instead of doing it by the land border. He mentioned that if there was lineup, we would have to wait until they complete outlanders first before they would handle Inlanders. They don’t seem to like handling Inlanders because we have the option to go to a IRCC office.

But overall it was a very pleasant experience and we were congratulated by the officer at the end.

Reactions: sudiptosrkr

sudiptosrkr

Feb 15, 2016
Hi
I did my landing on Sunday, at the Sarnia / Port Huron Blue Water Bridge with my family of 4 and it was a 15 minutes process, we were the only one in the office, shortly after another couple from the US came into land as well. We spent Saturday in Port Huron and went to the border at 9am Sunday morning. Officers were friendly and had small talk while joking with our two children.

He however told us to tell our friends, who planning to do the same thing, to just do it by calling the IRCC offoce in Toronto instead of doing it by the land border. He mentioned that if there was lineup, we would have to wait until they complete outlanders first before they would handle Inlanders. They don’t seem to like handling Inlanders because we have the option to go to a IRCC office.

But overall it was a very pleasant experience and we were congratulated by the officer at the end.
Congrats once again for becoming PR now!!
I think it's too much of a hassle to request for an appointment, wait for their reply.. then get an appointment after 2 3 weeks.. Take a day off.. Be there right on time of the given appointment.. (With a 1 year old we always struggle to maintain timings now a days :p)
For me it was a better option to just go for a drive at your own convenience and get the stuff done..

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Congrats once again for becoming PR now!!
I think it's too much of a hassle to request for an appointment, wait for their reply.. then get an appointment after 2 3 weeks.. Take a day off.. Be there right on time of the given appointment.. (With a 1 year old we always struggle to maintain timings now a days :p)
For me it was a better option to just go for a drive at your own convenience and get the stuff done..
Thank you. Congrats as well. That was I did the drive as well , it was too much of a hassle with two kids and trying to coordinate a day off at their request.

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I got my passport back from CPC-Ottawa yesterday and completed my landing procedure at Boundary Bay Border, Delta,BC.

Here is my timeline from receipt of PPR email,

PPR email - February 12th, 2018
Passport sent to CPC-OTTAWA - February 19th, 2018
Received Passport back with COPR - February 26th, 2018
Completed Landing procedure - February 26th, 2018.

My experience at Boundary Bay Border was good. I reached there at 8:30 pm. There were not many people, so the whole procedure finished in less than half hour. US border officers were really friendly, my flagpolling procedure completed in 5 mins and they gave me a white paper with flagpolling mentioned. I took that paper at Canada border crossing and got a yellow declaration slip from officer at the gate who asked me to go in the adjacent CBSA office. There were few people ahead of me but still my turn came in less than 10 mins. The immigration officer asked me about the conditions mentioned on COPR, "if I have committed any crime or denied entry in any country before including Canada", my answer was no . He took signature on the two COPR copies that came with passport, asked for my passport and current work permit, & told me to wait for few mins. He called me back after 10 mins, explained my obligations of being a PR in Canada & also gave a leaflet for the same. I got my passport back with attached COPR copy. The officer told me that PR card would be delivered to my given address in 2 months and I'm good to go.

Thanks to this forum and all the members for their help.

Please feel free to ask any questions, if needed.

All the best everyone for their COPR and landing procedure
What are the conditions on the CoPR, do you mind sharing? I have a valid work visa and work permit, would that be cancelled when I send my passport for PPR? What if my status changes after the CoPR and before landing? Any restrictions on that? Thanks.

atripnc

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi I am sending passport to Ottawa as I have received a PPR and also have me COPR. I would like to know for the envelopes, the request is to send a 32cm x 24 cm as a part of Return envelope (Xpresspost Canada) with "DELIVER TO" address. Here are my questions please help:

1. Do you put signature required on the Envelope to Ottawa?
  2. Do you fold the envelope (32cm x 24 cm) and put it inside the 32cm x 24 cm envelope to be sent to Ottawa?
  3. And do you leave the FROM field empty?
  4. The address that has been mentioned in the letter is where I Am sending the passport to.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
[URL='https://maps.google.com/?q=365+Laurier+Avenue+West+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Ottawa+ON+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+K1A+1L1&entry=gmail&source=g']Ottawa ON
[URL='https://maps.google.com/?q=365+Laurier+Avenue+West+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Ottawa+ON+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+K1A+1L1&entry=gmail&source=g']K1A 1L1

Thank you for your help.
[/URL][/URL]

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
DUMB Question : - When someone recieves PPR request for FSW-Outland , where are passports sent for COPR ?

Are they sent to High commission in the applicants current country or Canada ?

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
PPR Date: Feb 1, 2018
Passport sent: Feb 2, 2018
Passport Delivered: Feb 5, 2018
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved: Feb 7, 2018
Return Tracker Activated Date: Waiting
COPR delivered: Waiting
Hi there!
I have a quick question. Did you send them the green passport? I am from libya too and I am nearing the end of the process and some people said that CA doesn't accept the green passport, and they require that you send them the new blue one. ( I don't have one since I haven't been to Libya for a really long time)

Thanks! and best of luck!