+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

EjayMary

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Has anyone recently sent their passport through VFS Lagos to Accra? Please what's your timeline and when are you expecting your passport back?
I sent via VFS Lagos on 21st Jan 2022, no update yet, from timelines here I've read, I just calculated it takes atleast 25 working days to get the passport back.
I just thought within myself if I could wait almost 2 years to get PPR, then what's 2 months to wait to get COPR.

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
I sent via vfs Lagos on Jan 18 while it got to Accra on 20th according to the message sent by VFS Lagos. Yet to receive any message since then. I'm not worried though! The wait will soon be finally over.

Reactions: Mike@2019

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
I sent via VFS Lagos on 21st Jan 2022, no update yet, from timelines here I've read, I just calculated it takes atleast 25 working days to get the passport back.
I just thought within myself if I could wait almost 2 years to get PPR, then what's 2 months to wait to get COPR.
2 months is a lot of waiting time though.
I'm hoping to wait for 1 month max.

If you sent to VFS Lagos on 21st Jan, when did it get to Accra? Did you get any update from VFS?

kinsdippy1990

Nov 9, 2020
Guys kindly share timeline to allay fears & worries......lol
A friend sent via DHL to accra. DHL confirmed delivery on 7th February but he is yet to get any update or tracking number from accra. how long does this take?
whats the general timeline to get it stamped and returned. Accra people please help out. thanks...

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
@kinsdippy1990 We sent ours vis VFS Lagos on Jan 14 and VFS sent tracking ID on Jan 19. Just got update from VFS that passports are on the way to IRCC office in Ghana today Feb 9. Hope this helps and please keep me posted as well because it's so hard to find info on VFS Lagos timelines.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
@kinsdippy1990 We sent ours vis VFS Lagos on Jan 14 and VFS sent tracking ID on Jan 19. Just got update from VFS that passports are on the way to IRCC office in Ghana today Feb 9. Hope this helps and please keep me posted as well because it's so hard to find info on VFS Lagos timelines.
Thanks for the update.

That's a lot of time between when you sent it to VFS and and when VFS is sending to IRCC office. It's almost 4 weeks. I wonder how many weeks it will take to return to you.
I'm thinking the whole process may be two months.

Joeyjo

May 21, 2021
We sent ours to VFS Lagos on the 27th of Jan and we got tracking ID on the 1st of Feb. Received same update as you yesterday that the docs are on the way to IRCC Office in Ghana for processing.

Reactions: Dee O and EjayMary

EjayMary

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
We sent ours to VFS Lagos on the 27th of Jan and we got tracking ID on the 1st of Feb. Received same update as you yesterday that the docs are on the way to IRCC Office in Ghana for processing.
You are so lucky, very swift processing
I guess they pile up applications and send in batches, I got the same email yesterday of my application in transit to IRCC office, by Feb end we would have gotten our stamped passports.

Reactions: Joeyjo

Joeyjo

May 21, 2021
I guess they pile up applications and send in batches, I got the same email yesterday of my application in transit to IRCC office, by Feb end we would have gotten our stamped passports.

Thank you!

I believe they send in batches too. I pray so by Feb ending

Sedorfwhite

Feb 14, 2020
Did u get the same email as this

Dear Sir/Ma,
Your passports are in transit to the Accra vis office.
Thanks

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Got the same message yesterday. They sent in batches.It won't take up to 10days before the stamped passports are sent back to VAC Ghana.
IVAC Ghana doesn't waste time.It is when it gets to Lagos that they slow down the process of sending it via courier.
All I know is that it will end in praise before the close of this month.

Reactions: Dee O