Trip on travel day:
Finally landed this morning,
EGYPTAIR Lagos to Cairo was smooth no issues at all
Flight ✈ too wasn’t bad and food was just there
Cairo to Toronto cool too but mehn that flight ✈ long, I sleep wake up tire

Arrival at YYZ:
YYZ first POE gate no issues at all
“Dem tell me welcome to Canada for here lol ”
2nd gate, that is where I met the sadist of an immigration officer who started with March 18th rule by the federal government

I tried begging but it was clear that he wanted to run that whole AL approval
You have 2 options Sir he said;
- I send you back to Nigeria
Or
- Get an AL for approval to land you hopefully in 2 weeks

So he tells to go sit for bit and he walked around aimlessly (the guy lazy) meanwhile his mates in different booths cleared at least 5-6 people

An Asian lady (immigration officer) was the one approving everyone because she says the March 18th rule doesn’t make sense to her
Another dark lady (immigration officer) was also not landing folks but eventually landed a Nigerian lady that had a connecting flight ✈ to Winnipeg on compassionate ground (a widow with 3 kids), also another officer male who refused to initially land a couple eventually did still on compassionate grounds “pregnancy at 35 weeks (they will need their papers to get any form of healthcare) so the man had to reconsider”

From the 10 booths I saw sha I think it was only like 4 of immigration officers that were actively landing folks (as it was stated in one of the forms i was given to read that it completely up to the immigration officers discretion)

Anyway, back to my case the immigration guy later tried to calm me down when he called me back to finalize everything
He that I shouldn’t be worried at all that I will still be in Canada just that he won’t be landing on paper today
He said they will contact me via email (he reconfirmed my email address) and gave me a form to sign that I should make sure I present myself at the airport in exactly 14 days time (which is technically end of quarantine) give me date and time asked me to sign, he made a copy of it and said if I don’t show up that day they can issue a warrant for arrest lol
In my mind, I say oga no worries we go show sha Una must land us

After that, picked up my bags and went to do the new mandatory test at switch Health (you should be given a barcode for Registration for this process in Lagos at EGYPTAIR stand, if they don’t not too worry you will do the registration at the airport in Canada)

The downside to this is that as it was Clearly written in the form that he give me you are allowed open a bank account, apply for jobs health card or apply for school loan or do any serious thing without that SIN but it well guys

So guys if you have booked your flight please travel nothing dey happen just land, also for those connecting to other provinces please if you have cash cancel any Airbnb in other provinces and just rearrange your plans for quarantine in Ontario first (preferably close to airport) so you don’t have palpitations especially if you meet an over-zealous sadist like my officer today because the money spent in booking another round air tickets to come back in 2 weeks is equal to what you will spend in Airbnb in Ontario

One last thing, the guy said the government is putting their foot down on this March 18th issue especially since last week following the PM announcement hence the reason for his actions today, I think the guy felt bad sha before I left because he colleagues around were kinda saying just land him and he said “sir you can manage for 14 days, it is just 2 weeks”......I told him no problem

In all not so happy sha but extremely thankful to God for making us land safely, he will definitely complete what he has started in 2 weeks

Congrats to all my folks who got full landing today, May the land favour us all
For all those coming make Una Dey come we dey wait Una, let us come, multiply and make the best of this land

Gracias to my people here Una too much for the constant information sharing

PS: Canada is freaking cold
you no lie at all
Congratulations for a safe trip. But bros, what is AL(forgive my naivity) and 2. how can we be sure of this 2 weeks landing?

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Thanks bro
Heard intending passengers at Abuja airport are being asked for authorization letter(AL) and only those who have siblings in Canada were allowed to fly.

Confirm from other sources and plan accordingly. Heard Lagos airport is not requesting AL yet.

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Heard intending passengers at Abuja airport are being asked for authorization letter(AL) and only those who have siblings in Canada were allowed to fly.

Confirm from other sources and plan accordingly. Heard Lagos airport is not requesting AL yet.
Another AL matter/experience: One person was refused landing because of lack of AL. She went on to clear her luggages and carry her bags, while attending to the bags at the airport she got an email to come and get COPR signed.
If it helps.
Quarantine in progress.

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017

Regarding the quote above:Ethiopia Abuja airline was the airline requesting for AL

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
Latest: Please note that people are being turned back to Nigeria at Cairo. They did not allow them to board to Toronto because of post-March 18 issue.

Please confirm.

Regarding the quote above:Ethiopia Abuja airline was the airline requesting for AL

Reactions: nathan2020EE

Koopidz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
28-08-2019
Nomination.....
16-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
10-02-2020
Passport Req..
26-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
O6-01-2021
More info *Landing gist part 1* from a group chat:

Trip on travel day:
Finally landed this morning,
EGYPTAIR Lagos to Cairo was smooth no issues at all
Flight ✈ too wasn’t bad and food was just there
Cairo to Toronto cool too but mehn that flight ✈ long, I sleep wake up tire

Arrival at YYZ:
YYZ first POE gate no issues at all
“Dem tell me welcome to Canada for here lol ”
2nd gate, that is where I met the sadist of an immigration officer who started with March 18th rule by the federal government

I tried begging but it was clear that he wanted to run that whole AL approval
You have 2 options Sir he said;
- I send you back to Nigeria
Or
- Get an AL for approval to land you hopefully in 2 weeks

So he tells to go sit for bit and he walked around aimlessly (the guy lazy) meanwhile his mates in different booths cleared at least 5-6 people

An Asian lady (immigration officer) was the one approving everyone because she says the March 18th rule doesn’t make sense to her
Another dark lady (immigration officer) was also not landing folks but eventually landed a Nigerian lady that had a connecting flight ✈ to Winnipeg on compassionate ground (a widow with 3 kids), also another officer male who refused to initially land a couple eventually did still on compassionate grounds “pregnancy at 35 weeks (they will need their papers to get any form of healthcare) so the man had to reconsider”

From the 10 booths I saw sha I think it was only like 4 of immigration officers that were actively landing folks (as it was stated in one of the forms i was given to read that it completely up to the immigration officers discretion)

Anyway, back to my case the immigration guy later tried to calm me down when he called me back to finalize everything
He that I shouldn’t be worried at all that I will still be in Canada just that he won’t be landing on paper today
He said they will contact me via email (he reconfirmed my email address) and gave me a form to sign that I should make sure I present myself at the airport in exactly 14 days time (which is technically end of quarantine) give me date and time asked me to sign, he made a copy of it and said if I don’t show up that day they can issue a warrant for arrest lol
In my mind, I say oga no worries we go show sha Una must land us

After that, picked up my bags and went to do the new mandatory test at switch Health (you should be given a barcode for Registration for this process in Lagos at EGYPTAIR stand, if they don’t not too worry you will do the registration at the airport in Canada)

The downside to this is that as it was Clearly written in the form that he give me you are allowed open a bank account, apply for jobs health card or apply for school loan or do any serious thing without that SIN but it well guys

So guys if you have booked your flight please travel nothing dey happen just land, also for those connecting to other provinces please if you have cash cancel any Airbnb in other provinces and just rearrange your plans for quarantine in Ontario first (preferably close to airport) so you don’t have palpitations especially if you meet an over-zealous sadist like my officer today because the money spent in booking another round air tickets to come back in 2 weeks is equal to what you will spend in Airbnb in Ontario

One last thing, the guy said the government is putting their foot down on this March 18th issue especially since last week following the PM announcement hence the reason for his actions today, I think the guy felt bad sha before I left because he colleagues around were kinda saying just land him and he said “sir you can manage for 14 days, it is just 2 weeks”......I told him no problem

In all not so happy sha but extremely thankful to God for making us land safely, he will definitely complete what he has started in 2 weeks

Congrats to all my folks who got full landing today, May the land favour us all
For all those coming make Una Dey come we dey wait Una, let us come, multiply and make the best of this land

Gracias to my people here Una too much for the constant information sharing

PS: Canada is freaking cold
you no lie at all
That is crazy, my landing experience on the 9th was a total opposite. Also I did not notice other people being stopped from landing. My total landing process was barely 20mins. I started early sha, before people started queueing up. Jumped off the aircraft and straight to immigration fast fast.
But whatever happens they won't send you back. If they were planning to, the would have done so immidiately.

Reactions: Rehab and TripleE01

Koopidz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
28-08-2019
Nomination.....
16-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
10-02-2020
Passport Req..
26-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
O6-01-2021
Latest: Please note that people are being turned back to Nigeria at Cairo. They did not allow them to board to Toronto because of post-March 18 issue.

Please confirm.
ET in Lagos id not request for Authorization letter as at Monday.

mamaoneo

Dec 18, 2020

Please confirm.
That's sad...some are being landed and others delayed or refused boarding.
Thanks bro. Your infos are very helpful.

Kayoe

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Goodevening all
Can anyone kindly share the list of approved labs for covid-19 test in Nigeria. Thanks

Ayabemm

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
@Yekede , please after you got the mail that your final decision envelope has been returned to vfs ghana, did you get a dhl tracking from vfs? Or i have to just wait till dhl returns to me?

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
That is crazy, my landing experience on the 9th was a total opposite. Also I did not notice other people being stopped from landing. My total landing process was barely 20mins. I started early sha, before people started queueing up. Jumped off the aircraft and straight to immigration fast fast.
But whatever happens they won't send you back. If they were planning to, the would have done so immidiately.
Positive news