Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello all, vfs tracker says my passport has been collected from the CVAC. So I guess its been picked up by dhl and should get to me by tomorrow.
DHL??

Oasisb

May 13, 2017
Hi, I need to be educated on something. When do you pay for visa? Is it after PPR is issued or before being issued?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I couriered the ppts to the VAC (vfs) Lagos and included a prepaid return envelope. the dhl tracker just got updated, its on its way to me...
okay

Cookie000

Feb 9, 2019
Hello all, pls how can I get cheap flight tickets to Canada? Heard IOM does that but I have tried to reach them to no avail.

Also, do they only help with cheap tickets one way or they could help with a return ticket

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello all, pls how can I get cheap flight tickets to Canada? Heard IOM does that but I have tried to reach them to no avail.

Also, do they only help with cheap tickets one way or they could help with a return ticket
try egypt air. They have the cheapest flights.

Reactions: Cookie000

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Submitting your Passports to VFS LAGOS (or Abuja) for transmission to Accra Visa office

What you need:
1. A printed passport request letter (or RFV letter)
2. Your Passport (and those of your dependents if any)
3. 2 passport photographs (in the specified format)
4. Two copies of your paspsort bio data page.
5. N17, 790 in cash (and an extra N550 if you enat to pay for the optional sms service. Sometimes they try to make the N550 seem compulsory, it's not). Note: They always claim not to have change. Go with loose change.
6. Patience and joy that you've crossed the major hurdle. (Some people were snarky and rude to both their fellow applicants and VFS staff)

The submission process:
You'll be direct to the "pass back" counter to show your PPR letter and other documents you came with, you'll also be asked to write your email address and phone number on one of the two copies of the bio data page you came with. After which you'll be given a hard cover file with your passport, photograph, etc in it.

You'll then be directed for the sterling bank counter to pay the transmission fees. The bank teller will give you a receipt and then direct you to the "submission" counter.
This is where you'll drop the file you were given and get a receipt attached to the copy of you bio data page you filled your email address on.
The receipt has your tracking number on it.
In 24 hours, you'll get an email and sms (if you paid for it) with your tracking number.

After Submitting
To track the process of your file and to know if it has gotten to Accra, click this link and put in your tracking ID that was sent to you. (Select Lagos or Abuja as appropriate).

Nb: You're tracking your passport that was sent to Ghana not Lagos.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/track_your_application.html

Getting your application approved:
It's been known to take anything from 12 to 30 days to get your application approved and your visa counterfoil visible on your CIC account after submitting yout passport. So wait patiently.

Getting you passport back:
Timelines from when your application is approved also takes between 9 to 14 days.

So total estimated timelines from when you submit your passport at the VFS to when you get it back ranges from 21 to 44 days. (Depending on whether there's a public holiday, etc).
The info here was found based on my personal experience and research. I hope it helps you. You can share this with others waiting on their Passports or who have recently received the PPR letter.
@gio1

Reactions: ngozifat and gio1

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I couriered the ppts to the VAC (vfs) Lagos and included a prepaid return envelope. the dhl tracker just got updated, its on its way to me...
@Cookie000 @gio1 couriered his/her passport via DHL to VFS Lagos and needs help on how to pay the transmission fees. Kindly tell him/her how you did yours.

Reactions: Cookie000

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
@Cookie000 @gio1 couriered his/her passport via DHL to VFS Lagos and needs help on how to pay the transmission fees. Kindly tell him/her how you did yours.
Hi @Cookie000 and @tobs, today, I visited the sterling bank branch in PH and made these payments for the transmission of two passports to Accra:

*Transmission of passport to the Embassy of Canada in Accra, 17790 naira * 2 = 35580 Naira.

*Return courier 10120 Naira.

*GC service charge 1270 Naira.

From there I proceeded to DHL office where I paid 5500 for courier of my docs to vfs.

Is there something I am missing? Cox I read online this evening that the courier fee I paid to Vfs supposed to be times two also. And am supposed to pay DHL return courier fee. Kindly advise

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi Cookie000, did you pay the Vfs courier fee? Cox I did. Then I included an envelope of my own bearing my address, email, mobile number, etc

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi @Cookie000 and @tobs, today, I visited the sterling bank branch in PH and made these payments for the transmission of two passports to Accra:

*Transmission of passport to the Embassy of Canada in Accra, 17790 naira * 2 = 35580 Naira.

*Return courier 10120 Naira.

*GC service charge 1270 Naira.

From there I proceeded to DHL office where I paid 5500 for courier of my docs to vfs.

Is there something I am missing? Cox I read online this evening that the courier fee I paid to Vfs supposed to be times two also. And am supposed to pay DHL return courier fee. Kindly advise
Looks like you did the right thing to me.
I believe the return courier fee you paid to VFS is for them to send it to you in PH, because for those of us who hand submitted ours in Lagos, we only paid the transmission fee.
I'll let others that sent theirs in from other cities weigh in..

gio1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Looks like you did the right thing to me.
I believe the return courier fee you paid to VFS is for them to send it to you in PH, because for those of us who hand submitted ours in Lagos, we only paid the transmission fee.
I'll let others that sent theirs in from other cities weigh in..
@tobs, that was my reasoning as at the time of making payment at the bank. Bt I just read on Nairaland from an earlier post where someone said he was asked to pay courier fee *2. My question is, what's the vfs courier fee meant for; is it to transmit my passport(s) to Accra or for them to return my passport after its stamped.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs, that was my reasoning as at the time of making payment at the bank. Bt I just read on Nairaland from an earlier post where someone said he was asked to pay courier fee *2. My question is, what's the vfs courier fee meant for; is it to transmit my passport(s) to Accra or for them to return my passport after its stamped.
Courier fee is to courier your passport to you. Check the VFS website. The details are there.