Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
Thank you. How long did it take to get your passport back?
I started calling lagos vfs 8 days after my status changed to approved. Was told it's ready for pick up on the 10th day

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I started calling lagos vfs 8 days after my status changed to approved. Was told it's ready for pick up on the 10th day
How long did it take from the day you submitted your passport for it to change to Approved?
Can you share the number for VFS in Lagos?

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
How long did it take from the day you submitted your passport for it to change to Approved?
Can you share the number for VFS in Lagos?
I submitted on 26th sept and collected it on 19th Oct.
Try 081501 99900.

Reactions: tobs

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
Did you get email notifications telling you that your account has been updated?
I'm not sure. You can start checking regularly few days after submission.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
It seems many people are not being told by SMS when passport is ready for pick up from VFS. Best is to keep checking VFS tracking number and see when passport has been dispatched from AVO back to VFS, and then just call VFS and tell them you want to pick up passport. Don't wait for them to call.
Kindly share the number to call

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Submitting your Passports to VFS LAGOS (or Abuja) for transmission to Accra Visa office

What you need:
1. A printed passport request letter (or RFV letter)
2. Your Passport (and those of your dependents if any)
3. 2 passport photographs (in the specified format)
4. Two copies of your paspsort bio data page.
5. N17, 790 in cash (and an extra N550 if you enat to pay for the optional sms service. Sometimes they try to make the N550 seem compulsory, it's not). Note: They always claim not to have change. Go with loose change.
6. Patience and joy that you've crossed the major hurdle. (Some people were snarky and rude to both their fellow applicants and VFS staff)

The submission process:
You'll be direct to the "pass back" counter to show your PPR letter and other documents you came with, you'll also be asked to write your email address and phone number on one of the two copies of the bio data page you came with. After which you'll be given a hard cover file with your passport, photograph, etc in it.

You'll then be directed for the sterling bank counter to pay the transmission fees. The bank teller will give you a receipt and then direct you to the "submission" counter.
This is where you'll drop the file you were given and get a receipt attached to the copy of you bio data page you filled your email address on.
The receipt has your tracking number on it.
In 24 hours, you'll get an email and sms (if you paid for it) with your tracking number.

After Submitting
To track the process of your file and to know if it has gotten to Accra, click this link and put in your tracking ID that was sent to you. (Select Lagos or Abuja as appropriate).

Nb: You're tracking your passport that was sent to Ghana not Lagos.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/track_your_application.html

Getting your application approved:
It's been known to take anything from 12 to 30 days to get your application approved and your visa counterfoil visible on your CIC account after submitting yout passport. So wait patiently.

Getting you passport back:
Timelines from when your application is approved also takes between 9 to 14 days.

So total estimated timelines from when you submit your passport at the VFS to when you get it back ranges from 21 to 44 days. (Depending on whether there's a public holiday, etc).
The info here was found based on my personal experience and research. I hope it helps you. You can share this with others waiting on their Passports or who have recently received the PPR letter.

Reactions: Fantastica

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Submitting your Passports to VFS LAGOS (or Abuja) for transmission to Accra Visa office

What you need:
1. A printed passport request letter (or RFV letter)
2. Your Passport (and those of your dependents if any)
3. 2 passport photographs (in the specified format)
4. Two copies of your paspsort bio data page.
5. N17, 790 in cash (and an extra N550 if you enat to pay for the optional sms service. Sometimes they try to make the N550 seem compulsory, it's not). Note: They always claim not to have change. Go with loose change.
6. Patience and joy that you've crossed the major hurdle. (Some people were snarky and rude to both their fellow applicants and VFS staff)

The submission process:
You'll be direct to the "pass back" counter to show your PPR letter and other documents you came with, you'll also be asked to write your email address and phone number on one of the two copies of the bio data page you came with. After which you'll be given a hard cover file with your passport, photograph, etc in it.

You'll then be directed for the sterling bank counter to pay the transmission fees. The bank teller will give you a receipt and then direct you to the "submission" counter.
This is where you'll drop the file you were given and get a receipt attached to the copy of you bio data page you filled your email address on.
The receipt has your tracking number on it.
In 24 hours, you'll get an email and sms (if you paid for it) with your tracking number.

After Submitting
To track the process of your file and to know if it has gotten to Accra, click this link and put in your tracking ID that was sent to you. (Select Lagos or Abuja as appropriate).

Nb: You're tracking your passport that was sent to Ghana not Lagos.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/track_your_application.html

Getting your application approved:
It's been known to take anything from 12 to 30 days to get your application approved and your visa counterfoil visible on your CIC account after submitting yout passport. So wait patiently.

Getting you passport back:
Timelines from when your application is approved also takes between 9 to 14 days.

So total estimated timelines from when you submit your passport at the VFS to when you get it back ranges from 21 to 44 days. (Depending on whether there's a public holiday, etc).
The info here was found based on my personal experience and research. I hope it helps you. You can share this with others waiting on their Passports or who have recently received the PPR letter.
@fresty @worldgreatest @TOFluv @Tojued please tag anyone else you know that this info will be valuable to.

JEG

Aug 11, 2018
It’s becoming very worrisome. I submitted my passports at VFS Lekki on the 13th of December yet no update. What’s happening oo?