+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

abhishek218

Jul 13, 2021
Finally today received the email that passport has been sent from visa office via DHL to the return address.
Timeline:
PPR Feb 22
Mailed passport Feb 23
Vfs received and sent to IRCC Feb 24
IRCC received and started process Mar 3
Passport mailed back to vfs and then vfs to me Mar 24.
Hopefully it will be available for pick up at the address soon. Praying that we all continue to get good news before this month is over. I’ve observed that updates come in on Thursdays and Fridays so hopefully tomorrow brings something good.
Congratulations that was quick compared to IRCC standards.
Are you based out of Nigeria or Ghana?

coldblood

Sep 9, 2021
Submitted passport documents to VFS Lagos on Feb 22nd. Most recent notification I got was on March 9 that it's in transit to IRCC. No update yet if it has gotten to IRCC. Anyone with similar timeline?
I got the same notification on 9th of march that's it's in transit to ircc. But no update . Some people have gotten counterfoil on Thursday some didn't .

Osaa

Mar 18, 2022
I got the same notification on 9th of march that's it's in transit to ircc. But no update . Some people have gotten counterfoil on Thursday some didn't .
We have similar timeline. Kindly update when you get response. I am looking forward to this week.

jsingh172

Aug 25, 2019
Chandigarh, India
Hi,
We have the following timeline so far and I will update it regularly:
Passport sent for stamping from Togo to VFS Ghana on 25 Mar
File despatched from VFS Accra to IRCC on 28 Mar

Miror

Jul 31, 2021
Hi All was just reading this forum for the first time, my husband live in Accra Ghana he sent his passport, the package arrived VFS March 21st, dispatch to IRCC 22nd process started 23rd, unusually I understand it takes 2 weeks to get passport back, now reading this forum makes me uncomfortable that many are waiting for months, had I known I would of ask him to send it somewhere else, am praying God will do a miracle.

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi All was just reading this forum for the first time, my husband live in Accra Ghana he sent his passport, the package arrived VFS March 21st, dispatch to IRCC 22nd process started 23rd, unusually I understand it takes 2 weeks to get passport back, now reading this forum makes me uncomfortable that many are waiting for months, had I known I would of ask him to send it somewhere else, am praying God will do a miracle.
You never know, IRCC is highly unpredictable and so you might get your passport back before some of us. No one understands how they process their applications.

Reactions: Miror

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Mine is three months and counting!
And I am just wondering why they are doing this to us especially after we have gone through a long period of waiting for all the application processes to complete before we got this passport request letter. Visa sticking onto a passport is taking forever to be done? This is unacceptable no matter how many backlog they are dealing with!

Okundaye

Sep 12, 2020
Mine is three months and counting!
And I am just wondering why they are doing this to us especially after we have gone through a long period of waiting for all the application processes to complete before we got this passport request letter. Visa sticking onto a passport is taking forever to be done? This is unacceptable no matter how many backlog they are dealing with!
Are we saying nothing can be done to address the situation?

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Are we saying nothing can be done to address the situation?
Well, it appears so. They won’t give you the respect of replying to your inquiry. For me, what I have observed is that they don’t really care about us but for our money they seem to pretend serving us.
If they do really care, why should they hold someone’s identity document for more than a month? No matter what we do , they won’t mind us!

Okundaye

Sep 12, 2020
Well, it appears so. They won’t give you the respect of replying to your inquiry. For me, what I have observed is that they don’t really care about us but for our money they seem to pretend serving us.
If they do really care, why should they hold someone’s identity document for more than a month? No matter what we do , they won’t mind us!
Let's hope for tomorrow then