+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I just got this update email from VFS "Your application, tracking ID No. has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Thu Mar 17 2022 "
Anyone know what that means? I sent it on Feb 4 and got an update on Feb 21 that it is being sent to VAC for processing.
Does this message mean it took almost 1 month to reach IRCC?

On Feb 21 i had received this update "Visa application, tracking ID No. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Ghana OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Ghana OC"
And this update on Feb 7 "Your application, tracking ID No. is in transit and has been dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos Office"
If your passport is stamped, you should get update in your CIC online account or an email from Accra immigration office of Canada.

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017
I got another update just now
"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. has been received from the IRCC Office on Thu Mar 17 2022 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, CVO and is ready for collection.
Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice."

Looks like they have processed the passport but I am not quite sure if it means it is ready for collection at VFS Ghana or VFS Lagos, so dont know if i will get it in 2 days or 2 weeks. Asking this to people who have received their passports recently, how many days after this did you finally get it?

Hopefully all of us get an update today. Best wishes to everyone waiting
did you check online to confirm counterfoil has been issued? lucky you, congratulations

Lolaxyz

Mar 13, 2022
Lol the messaging service does not work too well. Yes they will notify the courier service after the package reaches VFS Lagos
When was your application last updated on GCKey? Approval letter, correspondence letter, or COPR letter? Did you see any update on your GCKey, if yes, when?

Thanks.

abhishek218

Jul 13, 2021
There has been no change in the GC Key account. The last message i received in my EE account is for BIL and haven't received any counterfoil etc too

Do people get an email from accra immigration after stamping? I dont think that is procedure, is it?

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017
There has been no change in the GC Key account. The last message i received in my EE account is for BIL and haven't received any counterfoil etc too

Do people get an email from accra immigration after stamping? I dont think that is procedure, is it?
I think the instruction on every applicant's profile on GSKEY says When you’re approved for permanent residence in Canada, you'll get a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. so i think u should get an email or an updated profile saying counterfoil has been issued. I stand to be corrected though..
I wish u the best though either way!

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020

Yeah , you have to get an update from your GC key account!

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Sorry I thought you were using the client application status check online but if you have been dealing with them through your GC key account, then may not get email from Accra immigration. Keep your eye on that GC key account!

taiwolusol

Feb 9, 2018
Nigeria
IELTS Request
To be taken March 3rd

Not sure if the documents will be processed by the office that stamps the passport but your application should be finalized as approved after your passport gets stamped.

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Sorry I thought you were using the client application status check online but if you have been dealing with them through your GC key account, then may not get email from Accra immigration. Keep your eye on that GC key account!
Yes, i also think the GSKey does not update real-time. If u check on the top right part of your profile will notice the time it was updated last and your last login