+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Passport stamping too goes through a process for more than three months ? IRCC and flimsy excuses never end !
It’s ridiculous! Some visa offices send it back in a matter of days. But we must wait weeks and months dragging out this process longer.

abhishek218

Jul 13, 2021
Accra VO is the most useless ever. I really wish I had sent my passport to London or Dubai. I heard even Egypt is also as useless.
True man...i am having the most frustrating experience ever. I am from India, stuck in Lagos. Sent the passport to VFS Nigeria on Feb 4, reached IRCC Ghana on Feb 21....no update since....i need to travel to my home country...cant even do that without my passport....i wish they sent it back even without the stamping...this is the most incompetent and casual set of people back there in Accra...i have an emergency back home and stuck here helpless...each morning waiting for some update...not getting any update from VFS emails too

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Spousal sponsorship submitted Oct 29/21
Aor and eligibility to sponsor received feb 2022
Spouse documents transferred to Accra and permanent residence process begin March 1 2022
It’s hard to say an exact amount, but it will be some months from this point forward. To give you an idea, I submitted application Feb 2021, after sponsor eligibility, the application was sent to Accra in June 2021, and up to now we’re still waiting for everything to be completely finished. We’re awaiting the return of stamped passport. So from the time they sent to Accra to PPR it’s been 9 months. You could probably anticipate a similar waiting period. But hopefully for you it moves faster.

jewels777

Mar 10, 2022
It’s hard to say an exact amount, but it will be some months from this point forward. To give you an idea, I submitted application Feb 2021, after sponsor eligibility, the application was sent to Accra in June 2021, and up to now we’re still waiting for everything to be completely finished. We’re awaiting the return of stamped passport. So from the time they sent to Accra to PPR it’s been 9 months. You could probably anticipate a similar waiting period. But hopefully for you it moves faster.
thank you so much hopefully you get a respinse soon too
but is there any way to contact the office or you simply have been waiting

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
No way now because their inbox is full, which means they don’t even attend to it. No one understands exactly what is wrong with them, but clearly their focus on other applications that I guess may be classified as first class people. Otherwise why keep people’s identity document for such a long time? They try to always pretend to be nice but truth be told, Canada’s immigration process is the worst.

Reactions: NAKEQubita

abhishek218

Jul 13, 2021
I just got this update email from VFS "Your application, tracking ID No. has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Thu Mar 17 2022 "
Anyone know what that means? I sent it on Feb 4 and got an update on Feb 21 that it is being sent to VAC for processing.
Does this message mean it took almost 1 month to reach IRCC?

On Feb 21 i had received this update "Visa application, tracking ID No. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Ghana OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Ghana OC"
And this update on Feb 7 "Your application, tracking ID No. is in transit and has been dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos Office"

Last edited:

abhishek218

Jul 13, 2021
I just got this update email from VFS "Your application, tracking ID No. has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Thu Mar 17 2022 "
Anyone know what that means? I sent it on Feb 4 and got an update on Feb 21 that it is being sent to VAC for processing.
Does this message mean it took almost 1 month to reach IRCC?

On Feb 21 i had received this update "Visa application, tracking ID No. The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Ghana OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Ghana OC"
And this update on Feb 7 "Your application, tracking ID No. is in transit and has been dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos Office"
I got another update just now
"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. has been received from the IRCC Office on Thu Mar 17 2022 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, CVO and is ready for collection.
Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice."

Looks like they have processed the passport but I am not quite sure if it means it is ready for collection at VFS Ghana or VFS Lagos, so dont know if i will get it in 2 days or 2 weeks. Asking this to people who have received their passports recently, how many days after this did you finally get it?

Hopefully all of us get an update today. Best wishes to everyone waiting

fstyl

Mar 17, 2022
I got another update just now
"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. has been received from the IRCC Office on Thu Mar 17 2022 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, CVO and is ready for collection.
Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice."

Looks like they have processed the passport but I am not quite sure if it means it is ready for collection at VFS Ghana or VFS Lagos, so dont know if i will get it in 2 days or 2 weeks. Asking this to people who have received their passports recently, how many days after this did you finally get it?

Hopefully all of us get an update today. Best wishes to everyone waiting
I got this same update earlier today, indicating "ready for collection", then later got this update about 30minutes ago "
Your application, tracking ID No.XXX has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Thu Mar 17 2022"
so does it mean that my application is progressing backwards? lol

Maybe there's some technical issues with the notification system, so I think it's best to wait until my passport is picked up by DHL. I'm thinking that VFS would notify DHL when they can pick up the passport right?

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I got this same update earlier today, indicating "ready for collection", then later got this update about 30minutes ago "
Your application, tracking ID No.XXX has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Thu Mar 17 2022"

Maybe there's some technical issues with the notification system, so I think it's best to wait until my passport is picked up by DHL. I'm thinking that VFS would notify DHL when they can pick up the passport right?

And have you received any email from the embassy itself?

abhishek218

Jul 13, 2021

Lol the messaging service does not work too well. Yes they will notify the courier service after the package reaches VFS Lagos