+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Omolarami

Aug 27, 2020
Hello everyone,
I sent my passport to vfs office through ups on May 27th, 2022. I am yet to receive email from Accra Ghana vfs acknowledging the receipt of the package. I just received mail from vfs office Lagos that it has been dispatched.

Is this normal not to receive mail from Accra Ghana vfs and receive the visa?
Thanks

Reactions: Nao4luv

Nao4luv

Apr 13, 2022
Hello everyone,
I sent my passport to vfs office through ups on May 27th, 2022. I am yet to receive email from Accra Ghana vfs acknowledging the receipt of the package. I just received mail from vfs office Lagos that it has been dispatched.

Is this normal not to receive mail from Accra Ghana vfs and receive the visa?
Thanks
They are so annoying
I think u should call ircc

shebay

Oct 26, 2021
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.*************** has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Ghana OC on Wed Jul 20 2022 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Regards,

VFS Global

I have not been able to track it since I got this. I sent directly to Accra.

Ketu

Star Member
Aug 7, 2021
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.*************** has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Ghana OC on Wed Jul 20 2022 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Regards,

VFS Global

I have not been able to track it since I got this. I sent directly to Accra.
My husband had the same issue with this, luckily for us we contacted the DHL where he sent the documents from Nigeria to Accra vfs and they gave us the tacking number

Emiskili

Oct 23, 2019
Hello everyone
I submitted my passport physically in VSF Abuja on the 5th of July, got a mail on the 6th that it has been received and under process at ircc, till today no update, and whenever I check the tracking it will show, your application is under process.
is this normal? Did anyone submit their passport here in vsf office Abuja ? And what’s your update.
I have been seeing people getting update of their passport sent to Ghana, I have not gotten such update too.
please if you use Abuja vsf recently can you share your experience.

E.J

May 28, 2021
Sent mine on the 5th, I got a mail that it’s under process at IRCC, I haven’t heard from them yet.

Haredrop

May 21, 2022
Visa Office......
Accra
Hello everyone
I submitted my passport physically in VSF Abuja on the 5th of July, got a mail on the 6th that it has been received and under process at ircc, till today no update, and whenever I check the tracking it will show, your application is under process.
is this normal? Did anyone submit their passport here in vsf office Abuja ? And what’s your update.
I have been seeing people getting update of their passport sent to Ghana, I have not gotten such update too.
please if you use Abuja vsf recently can you share your experience.
Abuja and lagos takes about 8 weeks or less on average for your passport to get back to you stamped. No need to panic

doxame

Sep 7, 2020
Abuja and lagos takes about 8 weeks or less on average for your passport to get back to you stamped. No need to panic
My concern is lagos vfs did not spend a lot of time in dispatching passport to ircc accra, it got there within a week. But its been under process at accra over 3 weeks now.

Really don't know the reason for the delay since the average time for stamping at ircc accra has been 1 to 3 weeks.

Jey14

Sep 17, 2020
Good morning,
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXX has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre,Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos on XXXXXX. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.
It mean my passport is ready to pickup

Jey14

Sep 17, 2020
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXXXX has been received from the IRCC Office on XXXXXXX at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXX has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre,Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos on XXXXXX. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

I got 2 notifications today

Reactions: Haredrop

Haredrop

May 21, 2022
Visa Office......
Accra
Hello All. Please give process to send passports directly to Accra VO without passing through Lagos or Abuja.
Gather all documents required by IRCC and VFS Accra:

1. International Passport(s)
2. 2 Passport Photographs (see further instructions below in addendum 1)
3. Passport Request Letter (aka ready for visa mail)
4. Duly filled Height and Eye Colour Chart. (A single form containing details for every member of the family)
5. IMM008 for those with a change in family composition (by a birth, death, marriage or divorce, etc)
6. 1 CVAC form. With only page 2 filled in by PA. Do not fill pages 3 & 4. Also advisable to fill in Caps. Ink color doesn't matter.
7. Payment teller(s) for the sum of GHC 415 to ( paid per person to vfs GH's account. (See further instruction on addendum 2 below)
Put all documents in an envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a one-way delivery to:

Canadian Visa Application Centre(In Partnership with International Organisation for Migration),
Baptist Convention House,
Abelemkpe Road,
Abelemkpe,

Info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com
+233 50 129 5270
VFS Global Accra, who will then submit to the high commission.

Addendum 1.
-2 recent passport photos per person.
--Not older than 6 months
-In Canadian PR dimension (refer to photo chart)
--1 detailed copy with the name and DOB of the person at the back. Below that, write or stamp the Name
& address of photo studio with date photo was taken.
-A second copy for each person is left plain
Addendum 2:
Bank details:
Bank Account name – International Organization for Migration
Bank name – ECOBANK Ghana Limited
Account Branch: Head office
BIC/SWIFT Code – ECOCGHAC
Account Number – 1441000695744
Address;
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)

Payment can be made through any family or friend resident in Ghana. There are also agents who can help with this if neccesary.

Other Things to note:

1. Get your tracking number and monitor on DHL tracker till its recieved by Vfs gh
2. 2. Wait for the VFS tracking details— they will give you update on when it will be sent to IRCC and when it will be returned to you
3. 3. Wait for the return of your passport— VFS also uses DHL to return— you don't pay for it, it's included in the GHC 508

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning all,

if someone has received a passport request from CIC, is it possible to post the passport to Accra VO? or I have to physically drop it there as I live in another country (Sierra Leone)

Last edited:

Omogelasgidi

Apr 25, 2021
Good morning all,

if someone has received a passport request from CIC, is it possible to post the passport to Accra VO? or I have to physically drop it there as I live in another country (Sierra Leone)
You are meant to courier it to the Canadian Visa Application Center (VFS) for them to transmit it to IRCC Office on your behalf.