+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Transit Time - CPP Ottawa

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Application approved on the 8th of November and yet, my tracker hasn't been activated. Any idea how long it usually takes between changing from approved to tracker being activated?

MingLong

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
sent my passport on oct 30 and delivered on oct 31. Still haven't any updates. How long it takes to approve ? So frustrated

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
sent my passport on oct 30 and delivered on oct 31. Still haven't any updates. How long it takes to approve ? So frustrated
Took me about 14 business days to get my approval after I sent my passport. It has been almost a week since I got my approval and still no tracker activated it so they have not mailed my passport yet.

MingLong

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Took me about 14 business days to get my approval after I sent my passport. It has been almost a week since I got my approval and still no tracker activated it so they have not mailed my passport yet.
Thanks for your info. So slow recently. I got my passport back in two days in April . :(

coca

Nov 13, 2017
Where do you live? Why did it take so long for tracker for Xpresspost to be activated?

coca

Nov 13, 2017
But so difficult to get someone answer the phone. Always ask U to call back
Could you please let me know if your status changes in the next few days? My passport was delivered right one week after you. Really need to get it back by the end of this month.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Where do you live? Why did it take so long for tracker for Xpresspost to be activated?
I live in Montreal. The tracker is still not activated. I really do not know why it is taking so long. It took long enough to get the approval, now its taking long to for them to dispatch my passport. Thankfully it takes only one business day for the xpresspost between montreal and ottawa so hopefully I will get my passport this week if the tracker is activated.

coca

Nov 13, 2017
I live in Montreal. The tracker is still not activated. I really do not know why it is taking so long. It took long enough to get the approval, now its taking long to for them to dispatch my passport. Thankfully it takes only one business day for the xpresspost between montreal and ottawa so hopefully I will get my passport this week if the tracker is activated.
Have you tried to contact Canada Post (Maybe they forgot to activate it?)? I mean it is a bit unusual.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Have you tried to contact Canada Post (Maybe they forgot to activate it?)? I mean it is a bit unusual.
I feel like once they scan the xpresspost into their system, it activates the tracker by itself. I will call tomorrow and see what they say.

coca

Nov 13, 2017
I feel like once they scan the xpresspost into their system, it activates the tracker by itself. I will call tomorrow and see what they say.
Let me know if they answer your call. I could not reach them today and they didn't reply to my e-mail sent yesterday. When was your passport delivered to Ottawa?

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Let me know if they answer your call. I could not reach them today and they didn't reply to my e-mail sent yesterday. When was your passport delivered to Ottawa?
it was delivered the 23rd of October. I applied the 4th of October and got my passport request the 20th of October.

MingLong

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Could you please let me know if your status changes in the next few days? My passport was delivered right one week after you. Really need to get it back by the end of this month.
Sure if I have any updates will let u know hope can get my passport next week

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
timeline for my spouse trv:
applied: october 12
passport request: october 23
passport mailed: october 24
received: october 25
approved: november 14

waiting for return tracking to be activated.