+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Transit Time - CPP Ottawa

sonalikaila

Apr 19, 2017
I also got a reply from CPC they gave me my tracking number saying that it takes up to 2 business days for the tracking number to actually register on the website. So although my passport was already dispatched, I still don't see tracking activated.
I saw your post and thought you may be able to help me!

I emailed CPC and is trying to ask the tracking number of the Xpresspost envelop that contains my passport after it is dispacthed from CPC, however, I have not heard back from them.

I do not have the tracking number of the Xpresspost envelop, but can CPC Ottawa give me this tracking number?

My applicaton was approved on Friday Nov 03rd in CIC account and since I have been waiting for my passport!

Please help based on your experience!

thank you!!!

sonalikaila

Apr 19, 2017
Just called CIC and they said my passport was dispatched today at 12pm :) so happy. Hopefully it will arrive on time.
how did you get a hold of CIC by calling to ask the tracking number of the discpatched passport??

I have been calling them and the message says that we are experiencing high volume of calls and cant transfer to an agnent.

This is not helpful!

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
For those who are confused about the xpresspost tracking number, if you put a prepaid xpresspost envelope with your address on it, in the big xpresspost envelope you used to send the passport to CPP ottawa, you will have the tracking number on the receipt you got from Canada post when you paid for the envelopes. The tracking number should look something like this "PGxxxxxxxxxCA"

Kathymua

May 4, 2017
Share my TRV timeline

Applied online: October 15th 2017
Passport request: October 27
Passport sent: October 27
Passport delivered: October 31
Application status changed to approved: November 8
Passport return in transit: November 8
Passport received by me: November 9

Hope this help, and good luck for everyone:)

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Share my TRV timeline

Did you write urgent on your envelope or email them to fast track it? you got it extremely fast.

funkadelic666

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Share my TRV timeline

Wow that was quick.

funkadelic666

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Finally got my passport
My timeline
Applied: Oct 1st
Passport req: Oct 13th
Passport sent: Oct 14th
Passport received: Oct 18th
Status changed to approved: Nov 3rd
Passport dispatched: Nov 6th
Passport received: Nov 9th

coca

Nov 13, 2017
Sent my passport on Nov 4th. Tracking record indicated that it was delivered on Nov7th. I really need to get it back by the end of this month or I am screwed.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
By the way, anyone can share how soon they get a reply through e-mail. I sent a message to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca but the automatic reply said it would take 20 business days to get a response...
It says that but they usually respond within few days. The responded the next business day for me even though I got the same automatic email saying response time is 20 days