20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Hey people..

Guess I am the latest victim of the Canada Post strike. I made the mistake of sending my passport and relevant dox through Standard post (as I am in Canada right now), hence I do not have a tracking number.

Here is my timeline:

PPR email- 11/06
Passport sent- 11/11
CIC Update- Awaiting
Return Tracker- Awaiting

It's been more than a week now and there is no update. I am just worried if my passport is stuck due to the strike. Is there a way to track it? I called the CPC- Ottawa, but they are only giving me the status of my application which is like an automated message.

Is there any other way to check? Pls advise!

Thanks a lot!
You are at the mercy of Canada Post unfortunately. Without a tracking number, there is no way to know if/when CPC-Ottawa receives it, other than waiting for your GCKey to be updated when they issue the visa. Did you actually send your passport or just a copy? If you sent a copy, I would recommend resending the papers through a courier service with tracking, such as FedEx, UPS, etc. I've heard that there is a 30-day backlog of mail in some cities, so you will just have to be patient and hope for the best if you sent them your actual passport. They are not sending passports back right now either, so it might be awhile. Good luck!

Bingoye

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Hey people..

Guess I am the latest victim of the Canada Post strike. I made the mistake of sending my passport and relevant dox through Standard post (as I am in Canada right now), hence I do not have a tracking number.

Here is my timeline:

PPR email- 11/06
Passport sent- 11/11
CIC Update- Awaiting
Return Tracker- Awaiting

It's been more than a week now and there is no update. I am just worried if my passport is stuck due to the strike. Is there a way to track it? I called the CPC- Ottawa, but they are only giving me the status of my application which is like an automated message.

Is there any other way to check? Pls advise!

Thanks a lot!
mailed the passports on NOV. 7
received the visas and passports today. nov. 20

Reactions: AryaStark

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
You are at the mercy of Canada Post unfortunately. Without a tracking number, there is no way to know if/when CPC-Ottawa receives it, other than waiting for your GCKey to be updated when they issue the visa. Did you actually send your passport or just a copy? If you sent a copy, I would recommend resending the papers through a courier service with tracking, such as FedEx, UPS, etc. I've heard that there is a 30-day backlog of mail in some cities, so you will just have to be patient and hope for the best if you sent them your actual passport. They are not sending passports back right now either, so it might be awhile. Good luck!
No copy.. I sent original passport. :(
All I can do is wait. Corresponded with CPC-Ottawa and they have recommended filing for an extension just incase. I am hoping the mail will go through by next week, else will have no choice but to apply for an extension. :(

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
PPR Email: Oct 15
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: Oct 31
MyCIC status updates to approved: Nov 5
Return tracker activated: November 13
COPR delivered: November 15
Type of document sent: Passport
Landed: November 17

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
This is super fast! I shouldn't have sent it through Regular Canada Post. Such a wrong decision! :(
Why did you choose regular mail? Have you tried calling and asking if they received your passport? Unfortunately Canada post is not very reliable and even less now that they’re striking

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Why did you choose regular mail? Have you tried calling and asking if they received your passport? Unfortunately Canada post is not very reliable and even less now that they’re striking
I still don't know why I chose regular mail! I checked with CPC last week and they said that they haven't got it. When I went back to the post office, the person there told me that entire of last week the mail was not picked up. Wish I had known about this sooner, I would have got it back from the post office only. But now I have no clue as to where it is. And today Ottawa is on strike! All I can do is wait and pray that it reaches.

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Status changed to "Approved" today. So Canada Post was not unreliable after all, though I would not suggest anyone to send any important document through regular post. The worry weighs you down!
Now just waiting for return tracker to get activated. Yay!! :D

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Status changed to "Approved" today. So Canada Post was not unreliable after all, though I would not suggest anyone to send any important document through regular post. The worry weighs you down!

Lizwatts

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Waiting on them to send our COPR out... they received the passport copy on the 19th and still nothing! Agh this whole waiting game has been a test of my patience, and I don't have very much to begin with!

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Waiting on them to send our COPR out... they received the passport copy on the 19th and still nothing! Agh this whole waiting game has been a test of my patience, and I don't have very much to begin with!
It must be because of the strike. Now that it's over, the passport should be with you anytime now. :)

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Happy to hear this! Glad it all worked out for you!! :)

Reactions: AryaStark

Lizwatts

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
So our tracker got picked up today. According to Fedex site, when I put in the information it was picked up half an hour ago.
In Gatineau, Quebec, which made me laugh because my first instinct was wondering why it was in Quebec when I sent it to Ontario. Except I'm from Alberta, where the major cities in different provinces aren't 30 minutes apart lol.