+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport to CPC-OTTAWA-Oct 2018

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hey all,

Saw a few threads for previous months on timeline between PPR to CPC canada.

In continuing the tradition, let’s stick to this format:

PPR Email:
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa:
MyCIC status updates to approved:
Return tracker activated:
COPR delivered:
Type of document sent: Passport or Passport copy

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
PPR Email: Oct 11
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: Oct 15
MyCIC status updates to approved: Waiting
Return tracker activated: Waiting
COPR delivered: Waiting
Type of document sent: Passport

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I also have two questions.
1. If my return label doesn't work, what would CPC-Ottawa do? Will they request a new label?
2. The type of return shipping service I chose, will it change to whatever CPC-O chooses? For example, if I chose Fedex International Priority, would it change to International Ground? Then Fedex may adjust the amount they charged.

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Hey all,

Saw a few threads for previous months on timeline between PPR to CPC canada.

In continuing the tradition, let’s stick to this format:

PPR Email:
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa:
MyCIC status updates to approved:
Return tracker activated:
COPR delivered:
Type of document sent: Passport or Passport copy
PPR Email: August 22
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: August 28
MyCIC status updates to approved: August 29
Return tracker activated: August 30
COPR delivered: August 31
Type of document sent: Passport copy

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
I also have two questions.
1. If my return label doesn't work, what would CPC-Ottawa do? Will they request a new label?
2. The type of return shipping service I chose, will it change to whatever CPC-O chooses? For example, if I chose Fedex International Priority, would it change to International Ground? Then Fedex may adjust the amount they charged.
CPC-O doesn't choose the shipping service (FedEx, UPS) or class of service. They take the envelope you sent them (with the label and customs forms in the pocket), put in your COPR and call FedEx or UPS to come pick it up. They do not create a label, pick International Priority vs. Standard, etc. (There is no International Ground for letter envelopes) They will send it however it is set up. You're at the mercy of FedEx here if the label they helped you create does not work. Hopefully, in that case FedEx would call you and fix it. Or since you have an account set up with them, they might just change it. You said in your other post that the FedEx agent said it would work. Do you have reason to believe differently now? I haven't heard of anyone whose label didn't work, so it's hard to say what CPC-O would do if FedEx refused to take it. I'm guessing they might work with you, but you never know with them. When did it arrive? Any info on the tracking for the return envelope? Does it have the correct city for the return address?

Reactions: shirleyfeng1985

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
CPC-O doesn't choose the shipping service (FedEx, UPS) or class of service. They take the envelope you sent them (with the label and customs forms in the pocket), put in your COPR and call FedEx or UPS to come pick it up. They do not create a label, pick International Priority vs. Standard, etc. (There is no International Ground for letter envelopes) They will send it however it is set up. You're at the mercy of FedEx here if the label they helped you create does not work. Hopefully, in that case FedEx would call you and fix it. Or since you have an account set up with them, they might just change it. You said in your other post that the FedEx agent said it would work. Do you have reason to believe differently now? I haven't heard of anyone whose label didn't work, so it's hard to say what CPC-O would do if FedEx refused to take it. I'm guessing they might work with you, but you never know with them. When did it arrive? Any info on the tracking for the return envelope? Does it have the correct city for the return address?
I truly appreciate your reply! My concern is there is no custom info related to my return label because it is domestic. My passport arrived at CPC-O yesterday. I do have the tracking number for the return envelope and it does have the correct city for the return address. As long as it is activated, it should be fine. My guess is if something wrong with my return label, Fedex probably will email me or call me to re-arrange it. Hope to get my passport back soon. Thanks again for your information!

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
I truly appreciate your reply! My concern is there is no custom info related to my return label because it is domestic. My passport arrived at CPC-O yesterday. I do have the tracking number for the return envelope and it does have the correct city for the return address. As long as it is activated, it should be fine. My guess is if something wrong with my return label, Fedex probably will email me or call me to re-arrange it. Hope to get my passport back soon. Thanks again for your information!
If the return address is correct, then you should be good. The customs forms for documents are really simple since there is no duty for them, so hopefully it's just something FedEx can generate themselves. If both addresses are correct on your label, FedEx can just change it to International and charge your credit card. I think you'll be fine! Did they request your passport itself? I only had to send a copy. So happy for you that you are at the end of your journey! You should have everything back soon!

Reactions: shirleyfeng1985

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
If the return address is correct, then you should be good. The customs forms for documents are really simple since there is no duty for them, so hopefully it's just something FedEx can generate themselves. If both addresses are correct on your label, FedEx can just change it to International and charge your credit card. I think you'll be fine! Did they request your passport itself? I only had to send a copy. So happy for you that you are at the end of your journey! You should have everything back soon!
Thank you! After 4.5 months waiting, what a big relief! I feel lucky to get it so soon! Because I’m not from visa-exempt country, I need to submit my passport. That’s why I’m kinda nervous. Hope I will receive them back soon!!

shah87

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Thank you! After 4.5 months waiting, what a big relief! I feel lucky to get it so soon! Because I’m not from visa-exempt country, I need to submit my passport. That’s why I’m kinda nervous. Hope I will receive them back soon!!
Where's the PA from in your case?

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
update:
PPR Email: Oct 11
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: Oct 15
MyCIC status updates to approved: Oct 24
Return tracker activated: Oct 24
COPR delivered: Oct 25

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
PPR Email: Oct 15
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: Oct 31
MyCIC status updates to approved: pending
Return tracker activated: Pending
COPR delivered: Pending

My passport was delivered with FedEx to 365 Laurier Ave W, under a different postal code and addressed to the “PR card” section. It was signed for by T.OM. Anyone else whose parcel was received by T.OM??

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
PPR Email: Oct 15
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: Oct 31
MyCIC status updates to approved: Nov 5
Return tracker activated: Pending
COPR delivered: Pending

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hey people..

Guess I am the latest victim of the Canada Post strike. I made the mistake of sending my passport and relevant dox through Standard post (as I am in Canada right now), hence I do not have a tracking number.

Here is my timeline:

PPR email- 11/06
Passport sent- 11/11
CIC Update- Awaiting
Return Tracker- Awaiting

It's been more than a week now and there is no update. I am just worried if my passport is stuck due to the strike. Is there a way to track it? I called the CPC- Ottawa, but they are only giving me the status of my application which is like an automated message.

Is there any other way to check? Pls advise!

Thanks a lot!