+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport to CPC Ottawa - May 2017

vkuma124

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
1. Can I complete the remaining process at Pearson Airport while coming back from USA once I receive my passport from Ottawa with PR visa & CoPR? or do i really have to go to Rainbow bridge at Nigara fall for completing the remaining process or can it be done at YYZ airport as well?
Yes, You can do the landing process at the Pearson airport while coming back from another country [You can do it at any port of entry]

2. After receiving the passport with PR visa from CIC, what exactly actions are performed at flap poling at port of entry?
If you chose to do the landing at a land border then you can do flag pole. Just go to the US side of the border and tell the officers that you are there for landing as a PR in Canada. Then they will give you a document and guide you to the Canadian border. You have to give your COPR, passport and the document got from the US at the Canadian border and the officer would give you an yellow paper along with other documents and ask you to park your car and go the immigration office. [In my case I had US visa so I didn't flagpole instead went to see the Niagra falls at the US side and landed on the way back, in this case no document is issued by the US immigration]. You can also cross the Rainbow bridge by walk if you prefer that over driving.

3. When we can apply for PR card and what is the process of that.
You don't need to apply for the PR card, when you are landing it would be applied automatically and the officer will verify the address with you.

4. Since I already have valid TRV with multiple entry, so will CIC still stamp PR visa on my passport or they will issue just issue CoPR letter?
Even though you have a multiple entry TRV, CIC will stamp a single entry immigrant visa on your passport. When you are landing the immigration officer will cancel that visa. Your TRV and work permit become invalid [though they don't cross it or shred it]. Once you landed it would take ~57 days for you to get the new PR card. If you travel outside Canada after landing but before getting your PR card : "Permanent residents (PR) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada." But you can drive from US in private vehicles.
Thank you so much for detailed reply

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a question. When you send your passports for CoPR inside Canada, will you also get an actual visa sticker in the passport? Or they just send it back with the CoPR letter?

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a question. When you send your passports for CoPR inside Canada, will you also get an actual visa sticker in the passport? Or they just send it back with the CoPR letter?
you should get corp + visa sticker, unless you r from a country who is visa exempt to enter canada.

Reactions: Klamm

karkik

Nov 23, 2015
CANADA
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
8-March-2017
AOR Received.
8-March-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
hello guys , today i revived my passport with COPR . in my COPR , i see last entry date was mentioned wrongly . shows the date of previous one before the last (latest one) .. is this a issue ?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
hello guys , today i revived my passport with COPR . in my COPR , i see last entry date was mentioned wrongly . shows the date of previous one before the last (latest one) .. is this a issue ?
Don't worry, it's not an issue. You can get it fixed by the CBSA officer when you land.

Many people have this problem. There's clearly a glitch in IRCC's systems.

Reactions: karkik

SidWalia

May 11, 2017
Hey..
I just sent my Passport for stamping from Toronto.

I have a quick question though.

Do we need to write our address on the returning envelope or not? As the Passport Request email says that you do not need to write anything on the envelope, but the empoyee at Canada post said that you need to mention ur address on the returning envelope. M confused. Can anybody help please?

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Sent my passport today. Hope they do it before Canada day. Lol

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Hey..
I just sent my Passport for stamping from Toronto.

I have a quick question though.

Do we need to write our address on the returning envelope or not? As the Passport Request email says that you do not need to write anything on the envelope, but the empoyee at Canada post said that you need to mention ur address on the returning envelope. M confused. Can anybody help please?

I called CIC regarding that and they said that It doesn't really matter. I wrote address too.

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Great !!! Thanks for the reply..
So they will be sending it to the Address mentioned in the Annex A form???
I asked that. Apparently she didn't know about Annex form. She said whatever is in the system but after reading Annex form that is what it looks like.

SidWalia

May 11, 2017
I asked that. Apparently she didn't know about Annex form. She said whatever is in the system but after reading Annex form that is what it looks like.
Cool..so i'll just wait for the return envelope tracker to be activated and see where is it going..as the address on my file is different from the mailing address that i provided in the Annex A form..

ud_85

Jul 22, 2015
Hi

PPR on June 21, 2017
Passport sent on June 22, 2017
Expected delivery CPC June 26, 2017

Will update Soon.

Thanks

vkuma124

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Hi, does anyone know how long is the processing time for Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) and how to apply for that?