+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport to CPC Ottawa - May 2017

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
That's annoying. I'm going to try anyway
Don't worry you will be fine. Nothing is official. Rainbow bridge is open 24/7. But try not to go in peak hours as they might be exhausted and not treat you as you are expecting.

nj007

Dec 8, 2016
shake hands
same here........
should we call cic to find out where is the passport
Part of me thinks every aspect of this process is going to get slower as more people are added into the pool and get invitations.
I am going to wait till next Monday when it's been a full week...

IrisLu

Apr 3, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Part of me thinks every aspect of this process is going to get slower as more people are added into the pool and get invitations.
Same here. I am starting to think that Canada Post only picks up the packages once a week from Ottawa now since there are too many applications.

MAAN18

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
hi guys,

I got my passport and copr yesterday in mail.

Just wondering, should I do landing on Border or at IRCC office?

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
hi guys,

I got my passport and copr yesterday in mail.

Just wondering, should I do landing on Border or at IRCC office?
Still Wondering?? :p

If border is near and you want to become resident quickly then do the flag polling
If border is far and you wanna avoid USA border and you are at no rush then do at IRCC office...

Reactions: MAAN18

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
received at ottawa may 30
Application approved on MyCIC on June 5th, tracker not yet activated...
Mine was approved on the 6th. They will probably be shipped by week's end and should expect to receive it mid next week. I have already booked flight+hotel for landing in 2 week and hope I get my PP by then.

nevergiveup08

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
June 05 approved but tracker has not been activated for me. I believe they are holding on to it as flagpoling for inalnd applicants might change.

MAAN18

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Still Wondering?? :p

If border is near and you want to become resident quickly then do the flag polling
If border is far and you wanna avoid USA border and you are at no rush then do at IRCC office...

lol :p
of course ! I want it quicker

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
yes
but our visa and copr are already printed
the only thing left is they ask canada post to pick it up
is that such a difficult thing to do??

Reactions: dipens

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
I am also surprised as to why do they keep asking for bank balance details! We are already in Canada. We are not required to have any balance.
Maybe some applicants are not keeping the funds in their account (spending it or sending it back, etc.) and later on are unable to support themselves financially, after becoming a PR. They want to make sure you won't be a liability on the Government for help. Even though I understand applicants already go through a bunch of checks and processes, but some people do such shit and I don't blame the officers. Cheers! :)

Reactions: dipens and nj007

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Maybe some applicants are not keeping the funds in their account (spending it or sending it back, etc.) and later on are unable to support themselves financially, after becoming a PR. They want to make sure you won't be a liability on the Government for help. Even though I understand applicants already go through a bunch of checks and processes, but some people do such shit and I don't blame the officers. Cheers! :)
I agree with that and fully support that, that's why I am going to take my bank statements with me.

Reactions: zam7 and MAAN18