Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
I have my last entry date in error.

would that be fine?
No, its not fine. Point that out to the officer and he will rectify it manually. That's all. Its not a problem. :)

Reactions: MAAN18

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
This has been answered several times before. Yes, you can flagpole without a valid US visa. It doesn't matter.

1. You do not need a US visa to flagpole!

2. And yes of course, you have to go to the US side of the border, otherwise how do you leave the country!?! -- It is essentially needed to 'land' and formalize your landing process. You have to bring back a white paper called "flagpole note" issued by the US Border officer and show that to the Canadian officer on your re-entry to the Canadian side.

Good luck!
Thanks Zam7, you rock !!

Reactions: zam7

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Yes they just need an address proof. I haven't gone personally but that's what I have read.

So if that's the case, what address proof would an outlander even have? I have an address to use since I know people in Canada, but I'm not going to show up with a hydro bill, I'm immigrating to Canada, I don't already live there. Doesn't make sense...

Btw, if you DO live in Canada, here's what they say on the CIC website... nowhere listed is anything about showing proof of address...

"In either case, you will have to show the officer:

• your passport, travel or identity document (including your visa sticker, if you have one), and
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, permanent resident visa, Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), letter of introduction or any instructions from the Canadian visa office, and
  • your proof of legal status in Canada, such as a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor document, or any immigration document you have (whether valid or not), or
  • proof of implied status (if you applied to extend your stay before it ended). Proof of this status may include:
    • payment receipt,
    • copy of your application to extend your stay,
    • printout of online application, or
    • proof of mailing."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Yes they just need an address proof. I haven't gone personally but that's what I have read.
That's not accurate. They will never ask for address proof. They will only confirm your residential address verbally, esp if you're already Inland.

However, you should carry a Canadian ID anyway.

Reactions: MAAN18

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
So if that's the case, what address proof would an outlander even have? I have an address to use since I know people in Canada, but I'm not going to show up with a hydro bill, I'm immigrating to Canada, I don't already live there. Doesn't make sense...

Btw, if you DO live in Canada, here's what they say on the CIC website... nowhere listed is anything about showing proof of address...

"In either case, you will have to show the officer:

• your passport, travel or identity document (including your visa sticker, if you have one), and
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, permanent resident visa, Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), letter of introduction or any instructions from the Canadian visa office, and
  • your proof of legal status in Canada, such as a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor document, or any immigration document you have (whether valid or not), or
  • proof of implied status (if you applied to extend your stay before it ended). Proof of this status may include:
    • payment receipt,
    • copy of your application to extend your stay,
    • printout of online application, or
    • proof of mailing."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22
they need proof of address to send you the PR card to. If you don't, you can give a temporary address and update it later. Like I said I have never done this but this is what I have read from other people's experience.

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
That's not accurate. They will never ask for address proof. They will only confirm your residential address verbally, esp if you're already Inland.

However, you should carry a Canadian ID anyway.
They need some kind of address to send the PR card to. If you are inland, you already have that.

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is going to be almost 2 weeks and my application is not approved yet. Call center said the visa and copr is printed (this was earlier this week), and will be sent. No movement yet. Any idea what's going on? Seems bizarre to me.

nj007

Dec 8, 2016
Hi everyone,

Quick update -

PPR - May 23
PP sent to Ottawa - May 26
PP received - May 30
Application approved on My CIC - June 5
Application update email - June 6

Canada PostTracker - activated June 8 (6:25 pm Ottawa time)

sanket.41

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silent follower here
For my wife application approved on jun 05
Tracker activated 2 mins ago.
Check yours guys .
All the best.

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
Hi everyone,

Quick update -

PPR - May 23
PP sent to Ottawa - May 26
PP received - May 30
Application approved on My CIC - June 5
Application update email - June 6

Canada PostTracker - activated June 8 (6:25 pm Ottawa time)
thank you for your post
mine is mailed too!!!