Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-02-2017
Passport Req..
01/06/2017
How do you know when the Ottawa office has finished processing your COPR? Is it when myCIC changes to "your application was approved"? Or do you have to ring up to find out?

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
How do you know when the Ottawa office has finished processing your COPR? Is it when myCIC changes to "your application was approved"? Or do you have to ring up to find out?
Generally the application gets approved first and then the passports go out for delivery in a day or two. There is no timeline as to when will the application gets approved but on average 1 week has been the norm.

Last edited:

Amu7809

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hi Folks,

Below is my timeline (PNP INLAND):

PPR: 25 May
Passport sent: June 03
Passport Received by Ottawa: June 7th.

The tracker says it delivered but I didn’t opt for signature request because I thought it was a PO BOX address.
Should I be concerned for not choosing the signature upon delivery option?

Also, usually how long does CIC take to return the passport?

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
Looks like CPC Ottawa mailed back the passport yesterday afternoon. Hopefully I will have it today or tomorrow. Now onto booking tickets to India. :)
when your application is approved?
Mine is approved on June 5 and pp is not sent yet
seems cic is slower now and send pp two days after application approval

toto888

Apr 21, 2016
BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-02-2017
Passport Req..
01/06/2017
Generally the application gets approved first and then the passports go out for delivery in a day or two. There is no timeline as to when will the application gets approved but on average 1 week has been the norm.
Sorry what I meant was not how long it took, but how do people here seem to know when it has been approved (before they receive it back). The reason I ask, is I sent mine off, it was received in Ottawa on the 5th June and then on the 6th June when I was logged into myCIC I noticed that my profile had changed to "your application was approved" - and I'm wondering if that meant that they had approved my COPR (it just seemed a bit too quick since it was only one day since the office received my passport copy).

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Sorry what I meant was not how long it took, but how do people here seem to know when it has been approved (before they receive it back).
They keep checking their profile every so often.

The reason I ask, is I sent mine off, it was received in Ottawa on the 5th June and then on the 6th June when I was logged into myCIC I noticed that my profile had changed to "your application was approved" - and I'm wondering if that meant that they had approved my COPR (it just seemed a bit too quick since it was only one day since the office received my passport copy).
If its a straight forward application, then they approve it faster. Nothing wrong with that.

param7788

Jan 6, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Below is my timeline (CEC INLAND):

PPR: 1st June
Passport sent: 1st June
Passport Received by Ottawa: June 5th

No updates yet and will keep everyone posted.

princeofefizy

Jan 10, 2017
hey guys,
my timeline (CEC INLAND):

App approved : June 7th

I see a new update on my profile showing "counterfoil" dated till Feb 8,2018..what does this mean pls? thanks

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
hey guys,
my timeline (CEC INLAND):

App approved : June 7th

I see a new update on my profile showing "counterfoil" dated till Feb 8,2018..what does this mean pls? thanks
It means you can land till Feb 8 2018. You single entry immigrant visa will expire on this date.

Reactions: MAAN18

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Does anybody know what's the size of return expresspost envelope to provide to CPC Ottawa for them to deliver our passports back to us? I have used a small sized one which can fit passports easily but I am not sure they would want to fold COPR in it or not.