Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Congrats, can you please share your landing experience?
Thanks!

Drove to Rainbow Bridge (Niagara US-Canada Border). Walked from the Canadian side, used $0.25 X 2 coins in the turnstile and walked to the US side. Beautiful falls lit in the night. Almost like I had been waiting for this calm moment for the past two years. On reaching the US side, I told the officer I was there to flagpole and then he instantly issued me a white paper. I strolled back to the Canadian side (shot a Instagram story too). Handed my passport to the Canadian officer and waited for them to call me. There were 3 people ahead of me. The officer called out my name and asked for my CoPR and other docs. He asked me if all the info on the CoPR was correct. And I said, yes, except that my last date of entry was incorrect. So he rectified that. Always check it properly. He said to go back and have a seat until he verified everything.

Important: He asked for my latest bank statement, employment letter and work permit. I showed him my latest bank balance on my mobile Scotiabank app. Luckily I carried everything with me.

He called me back and asked me to sign one copy of CoPR in front of him and to answer the statutory questions (criminal offenses recently, undeclared dependents, etc.). He asked me if I knew the PR's residential obligation, and I said I did. 2 out of 5 years in Canada. The officer asked me if I had any goods or stuff coming from India at a later stage. And I said no. He also said I should keep the stamped CoPR copy very safely (I knew this because we need it at the time of application for Canadian citizenship).

He casually asked me why I came to the border for my landing and when I said it was "quicker" he questions how so? So I told him about a forum wherein people shared their personal experiences and said borders were much faster and took less time because of no appointments. He smiled. He said my PR card would be mailed to my address in 6 or 8 weeks (I don't remember because I was too excited lol). He ended by saying thanks and have a good night. I wished him the same and walked out of the building as a Permanent Resident of Canada!

Good luck! :)

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Thanks!

Drove to Rainbow Bridge (Niagara US-Canada Border). Walked from the Canadian side, used $0.25 X 2 coins in the turnstile and walked to the US side. Beautiful falls lit in the night. Almost like I had been waiting for this calm moment for the past two years. On reaching the US side, I told the officer I was there to flagpole and then he instantly issued me a white paper. I strolled back to the Canadian side (shot a Instagram story too). Handed my passport to the Canadian officer and waited for them to call me. There were 3 people ahead of me. The officer called out my name and asked for my CoPR and other docs. He asked me if all the info on the CoPR was correct. And I said, yes, except that my last date of entry was incorrect. So he rectified that. Always check it properly. He said to go back and have a seat until he verified everything.

Important: He asked for my latest bank statement, employment letter and work permit. I showed him my latest bank balance on my mobile Scotiabank app. Luckily I carried everything with me.

He called me back and asked me to sign one copy of CoPR in front of him and to answer the statutory questions (criminal offenses recently, undeclared dependents, etc.). He asked me if I knew the PR's residential obligation, and I said I did. 2 out of 5 years in Canada. The officer asked me if I had any goods or stuff coming from India at a later stage. And I said no. He also said I should keep the stamped CoPR copy very safely (I knew this because we need it at the time of application for Canadian citizenship).

He casually asked me why I came to the border for my landing and when I said it was "quicker" he questions how so? So I told him about a forum wherein people shared their personal experiences and said borders were much faster and took less time because of no appointments. He smiled. He said my PR card would be mailed to my address in 6 or 8 weeks (I don't remember because I was too excited lol). He ended by saying thanks and have a good night. I wished him the same and walked out of the building as a Permanent Resident of Canada!

This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing. So can we get goods from India at a later stage? Do you have any idea on this?

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing. So can we get goods from India at a later stage? Do you have any idea on this?
You can. I don't know the details, sorry. The officer will help you. Cheers!

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
You can. I don't know the details, sorry. The officer will help you. Cheers!
I am also surprised as to why do they keep asking for bank balance details! We are already in Canada. We are not required to have any balance.

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Hi guys
just checked my account and my application is approved
timeline as below

PPR -- May 25
Passport sent -- May 29
Passport delivered -- May 30
Application approved -- June 5
Tracker activated -- June ??
When did your tracker get activated? Same day?

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
PPR - 5.25
PP sent - 5.26
PP delivered - 5.29
Application approved - 6.1
PP received - 6.5
Landed - 6.5

Reactions: dipens

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
I was approved 3 days ago, and still no tracker.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

Quidditch_777

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Thanks!

Hi - Just wanted to confirm if they stamped your passport or, did they just slash out your counterfoil and sign the COPR. They did not stamp my passport

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Few question(s):
  • My work permit will expire on June 14th, would I be fine? I intend to visit India & spend some time & then do the landing procedures. Also, is there date by which I have to land?
  • I am actually unemployed (resigned because of work issues), so a record of employment would be fine right?