+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport to CPC Ottawa - May 2017

mariabas

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
My passport was received by Ottawa office on 23rd May but I still don't have any update on my application. The status has not changed. I am an FSW outland USA applicant. Any reason to worry because I don't have any update yet?

fayezhu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Same question no ans ???
I believe everyone is different, but mine got approved around noon. At least thats when i receive the email notification from CIC. When i called CIC previously, i was told that the system might delay sometimes which means, you application got approved before you get the notification.

fayezhu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
My passport was received by Ottawa office on 23rd May but I still don't have any update on my application. The status has not changed. I am an FSW outland USA applicant. Any reason to worry because I don't have any update yet?
maybe FSW is a bit slower? but really it can happen at any time. Mine arrived on May 23rd, and its approved May 31st but tracker is not activated. However, some other people got approved on the say day has their tracker activated on the same day.

sherrill19

Mar 14, 2017
PPR yesterday... i am going to travel out of the country for two weeks and a half starting next week so i would have to submit the passport when i come back on around 23rd. I know the deadline is 30 days but im still a bit worried.. :(

kumar30

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-01-2017
AOR Received.
29th Jan
Med's Done....
26th Nov
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2017
Sent Passport to Ottawa on 21st and since it was holiday on Monday.. Passport reached on 24th and Yesterday my application in CIC was changed to Approved... But my tracker in CP in still not enabled... Hope to receive pp by Tomorrow or by Monday....

I am traveling to US in July... now i am confused about making my landing... If i do landing in June, i think i wouldn't have received PR card by July...

Is there any options where we can do landing and travel and return to Canada without having PR card?

sidmadhati

Apr 27, 2017
Sent Passport to Ottawa on 21st and since it was holiday on Monday.. Passport reached on 24th and Yesterday my application in CIC was changed to Approved... But my tracker in CP in still not enabled... Hope to receive pp by Tomorrow or by Monday....

I am traveling to US in July... now i am confused about making my landing... If i do landing in June, i think i wouldn't have received PR card by July...

Is there any options where we can do landing and travel and return to Canada without having PR card?
just go to usa in july and do landing on ur way back .... because where ever u do the landing u cannot travel for 45 days so i guess u dont wanna be in that situation of not travelling at all

Reactions: kumar30

sidmadhati

Apr 27, 2017
just go to usa in july and do landing on ur way back .... because where ever u do the landing u cannot travel for 45 days so i guess u dont wanna be in that situation of not travelling at all

If you have to travel then u need to PRTD and i guess it takes some time to process and i think u need to pay some fee to get PRTD

Reactions: kumar30

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Application finalized and approved!!!

PPR - May 25, 5.54 pm
Passport received in Ottawa - May 29, 10.23 am
Approved - June 1, around 11 am
Waiting for tracker to be activated :)

Last edited:

MAAN18

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Application finalized and approved!!!

PPR - May 25
Passport received - May 29
Approved - June 1
Waiting for tracker to be activated :)

wow !!!!! congratulations :):)

Mine was delivered May 26, hoping for the approval today or tomorrow

Reactions: zam7

LittleBeeInCanada

Sep 9, 2014

As I know, you can cross the land border with your stamped COPR. But you have to travel by car, not by commercial vehicle