Delivered June 5th
Approved June 7th
Return tracker activated June 8th
Received COPR today in the mail June 12th

Reactions: Mthornt

munn@

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
My tracker was activated on June 9th, 7:17 PM ET. Hoping to get the passport tomorrow and do landing the next day. Will keep it posted here.

PPR - May 25, 2017
PP Sent - May 29, 2017
PP Delivered - May 30, 2017
Application Approved - June 6, 2017
Tracker Activated - June 9
PP Received - ??
Landed as PR - ??
My tracker is already activated from the day 1 , as Canada post lady scanned both the envelopes and activated both the trackers.
is this normal?

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
My tracker is already activated from the day 1 , as Canada post lady scanned both the envelopes and activated both the trackers.
is this normal?
In my case also same thing happened, the Canada Post lady scanned both the envelopes together. The next update was when the item processed at Ottawa [My application was approved on Friday on the CIC website, got the email on Saturday and on Tuesday evening Canada Post tracking is updated as "item is processed at Ottawa". Got the passport back on Wednesday].

allenicoh

Jun 8, 2017
i sent my passports last may 30 then ottawa received it on june 1. till now the tracker is not yet updated i followed up last friday and they say visa stamping is done and still printing for copr. im so worried its 2 weeks now.

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
is this normal?
Its not normal, but just a mistake by Canada Post. Is your application approved? If so, then the passport shouldn't take long.

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Anyone recently did flagpole landings on any of the Niagara Falls bridge? If so, can they share their experience?

munn@

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
In my case also same thing happened, the Canada Post lady scanned both the envelopes together. The next update was when the item processed at Ottawa [My application was approved on Friday on the CIC website, got the email on Saturday and on Tuesday evening Canada Post tracking is updated as "item is processed at Ottawa". Got the passport back on Wednesday].
but was your return envelope tracker already activated , when you send the passport to ottawa

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
I think they're still processing the ones from the end of May - it's going to be a 50-60 day wait per other forums
How do you know? is there any way I can speed up the process. I have to go to the US next month to visit a family member, but I'm not sure if I can use the COPR to board the plane.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
How do you know? is there any way I can speed up the process. I have to go to the US next month to visit a family member, but I'm not sure if I can use the COPR to board the plane.
You cannot use the COPR to travel on a commercial carrier (plane, cruise ship, bus, whatever). You can use the COPR if you drive into Canada yourself (rental car is OK).

You can also apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document if you really need to fly back

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

I have no idea how long that takes.

Quidditch_777

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Last edited:

VITbman

Apr 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
28-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Coming soon
PPR on 9th June 2017
Passport Sent 9th June 2017
Passport Received 12th June 2017

Quidditch_777

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Anyone recently did flagpole landings on any of the Niagara Falls bridge? If so, can they share their experience?
I did
1. Took bus from Toronto to niagara.
2. Walked from the terminal to the border - you need to pay 50c and hen you walk across the bridge to the United States.
3.In the building the officer hands a flag pole letter and you walk back.
4.The Canadian officer reviews your passport and copr and gives a yellow slip and tell you to go to an adjacentish building where you give the yellow slip, flagpole slip and passport with copr to the officer.
5.You wait till they call your name
6. The officer asks you if you've committed any offence and if you have any dependents - they ask you to write no on the copr and ask you to initial as well as sign and date the bottom of the copr
7. They sign the copr and stamp your passport, cancel your visa, staple the copr without your passport picture
8. They confirm your address and then tell you to expect in 2-3 months and then they welcome you to Canada

sailorpug

Feb 3, 2017
Hi all,
Is there anyone in Vancouver, BC landed at The Pacific Central Station? I am thinking taking the train to Seattle and then land when I return.
Please share your experience to me if you have had. Many thanksss!!