+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport to CPC Ottawa - December 2016

Ananta13

Jan 12, 2017
BC
18882422100 that's the number
Waiting time can be long. Keep calling them until u get hold of them.
When I called first time I had same situation they directed me for web form. Second time it worked out I was on hold for almost half an hour.
Good luck. And keep posting the updates.

getlucky2017

Jan 19, 2017
hello guys, I have a question here. I just received my PPR, can I use UPS to send my passport to Ottawa? but include a canadapost prepaid envelope.OR I need send my PP by Canada post only because I live inland. And if I could use ups, can ups delivery to PO box? Thanks. Which one ur guys use to send pp to Ottawa? Thank you.

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
getlucky2017 said:
hello guys, I have a question here. I just received my PPR, can I use UPS to send my passport to Ottawa? but include a canadapost prepaid envelope.OR I need send my PP by Canada post only because I live inland. And if I could use ups, can ups delivery to PO box? Thanks. Which one ur guys use to send pp to Ottawa? Thank you.
Send through Canada post, is it written on your PPR to send through any of the services?

PNPQueensuni

Jan 18, 2017
getlucky2017 said:
Hi, congrats on the ppr. I did exactly the same. Had sent our passports from Toronto with ups and included a expresspost envelope inside. We Sent on 5th January Thursday evening and reached 6th January Friday morning to CPC Ottawa 365 laurier ave west. Got my passports back on this Thursday 19th January with expresspost stamped and signed. So dont worry, my lawyer office had sent via ups. They do it almost every week. Dont forget to keep a expresspost envelope inside as they will only return passports with that.

PNPQueensuni

Jan 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Did my landing yesterday evening at the rainbow bridge. niagara falls, ON. Writing this post as lot of people contributed and that had helped me immensely in this 2 years of application process.

Our passports were sent on the 5th January and they came back signed with copr on 19th January ' 17. Was confused initially as me and my wife both have u.s visas ( we are from india ) and have been couple of times to u.s.But our 21 months old daughter does not have u.s visa. Thus we were thinking of making an appointment at IRCC office. Called yesterday from office the call center number ( press 7 and then 0 ) and asked for appointment. They told me based on my postal code etobicoke office appointment available after 2 weeks. But we were so excited and reading quiet a few experiences from this site we got confidence to do flagpole. I also asked my lawyer and he told me lot of people do that but he will still want me to go with valid visa for my daughter or do an inland IRCC landing ( being a lawyer, I guess he had to tell me the legal option ).

Anyway, we started the drive from Brampton at 7 p.m on 20th January. Reached at 8:30 p.m at rainbow bridge. Walked through the pedestrian side from Canada and paid $0.50 cent for each adult member at gate. Walked all way to U.S side. The officer called us in as it was completely free without rush. He was non-friendly and no greetings. Just asked us for our passports and have you ever been to U.S. Then took out a white paper and wrote our names and D.O.B. Told me to give it to Canada CBSA. It took 4-5 min. Walked back to Canada side and was greeted by a lady officer. She was very friendly, did not ask for passports or refusal letter. Told me keep it in envelope and gave me a yellow piece of paper and pointed me to walk to the building. As we entered the building another nice lady officer in the office took our passports and refusal letter. Told us to wait. There were just 2 other people there. One I guess for her student or work visa and other guy was for landing.

In about next 15 min our 3rd lady officer for the night, greeted us. Asked us to give our copr to her. Straight asked the procedural questions. We answered no. She told us to sit and relax. In about another 15 min, we were called and made to sign our copr. Explained our right in Canada and informed us how to apply for OHIP and SIN ( Specially for my wife as she was here on visitor visa along with my daughter). We walked out incredibly blessed, happy and grateful. Reached home back safely by 12 a.m.

( my copr had wrong date of first entry. I asked the officer and she said dont bother changing it as it is very common. Told me not to worry. Checked my online application portal few minutes back today morning and the status is complete with landing as permanent resident showing at rainbow bridge, Niagara falls, On )

Hope my experience helps people the same way so many of you helped me through the posts and messages

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thanks so much for sharing!
I will be doing this as well once I receive my COPR back!
Was it very busy at the Rainbow Bridge? I have a young baby with me, probably a good idea to go at night time when it's less busy :)

PNPQueensuni said:
Hi Everyone,

Did my landing yesterday evening at the rainbow bridge. niagara falls, ON. Writing this post as lot of people contributed and that had helped me immensely in this 2 years of application process.

Our passports were sent on the 5th January and they came back signed with copr on 19th January ' 17. Was confused initially as me and my wife both have u.s visas ( we are from india ) and have been couple of times to u.s.But our 21 months old daughter does not have u.s visa. Thus we were thinking of making an appointment at IRCC office. Called yesterday from office the call center number ( press 7 and then 0 ) and asked for appointment. They told me based on my postal code etobicoke office appointment available after 2 weeks. But we were so excited and reading quiet a few experiences from this site we got confidence to do flagpole. I also asked my lawyer and he told me lot of people do that but he will still want me to go with valid visa for my daughter or do an inland IRCC landing ( being a lawyer, I guess he had to tell me the legal option ).

Anyway, we started the drive from Brampton at 7 p.m on 20th January. Reached at 8:30 p.m at rainbow bridge. Walked through the pedestrian side from Canada and paid $0.50 cent for each adult member at gate. Walked all way to U.S side. The officer called us in as it was completely free without rush. He was non-friendly and no greetings. Just asked us for our passports and have you ever been to U.S. Then took out a white paper and wrote our names and D.O.B. Told me to give it to Canada CBSA. It took 4-5 min. Walked back to Canada side and was greeted by a lady officer. She was very friendly, did not ask for passports or refusal letter. Told me keep it in envelope and gave me a yellow piece of paper and pointed me to walk to the building. As we entered the building another nice lady officer in the office took our passports and refusal letter. Told us to wait. There were just 2 other people there. One I guess for her student or work visa and other guy was for landing.

In about next 15 min our 3rd lady officer for the night, greeted us. Asked us to give our copr to her. Straight asked the procedural questions. We answered no. She told us to sit and relax. In about another 15 min, we were called and made to sign our copr. Explained our right in Canada and informed us how to apply for OHIP and SIN ( Specially for my wife as she was here on visitor visa along with my daughter). We walked out incredibly blessed, happy and grateful. Reached home back safely by 12 a.m.

( my copr had wrong date of first entry. I asked the officer and she said dont bother changing it as it is very common. Told me not to worry. Checked my online application portal few minutes back today morning and the status is complete with landing as permanent resident showing at rainbow bridge, Niagara falls, On )

Hope my experience helps people the same way so many of you helped me through the posts and messages

PNPQueensuni

Jan 18, 2017
butters1690 said:
Thanks so much for sharing!
I will be doing this as well once I receive my COPR back!
Was it very busy at the Rainbow Bridge? I have a young baby with me, probably a good idea to go at night time when it's less busy :)

Hi Butters1960,

Most welcome and I am glad it helped you.

No when we went it was quiet good. Just 1-2 people both on u.s side and Canada immigration office. I will recommend to do it in evening or late night. We also went with our toddler daughter. Usually rush starts on the weekend. We left at 6:45 p.m from brampton and were back to home at 12 a.m, so total 5 hours it took us. I don't know where you live but if you live nearby to Niagara and can leave early from work on Friday then that will be a good option. As Friday you all can reach by evening or early night and it took us exactly 45 min for entire process there. Weekends are usually a bit hectic even during the nights. not sure about late night.

bratsche

Dec 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
25-01-2017
Just posting our timeline in case it's helpful to anyone:

PPR Jan 6, 2017
Docs received in Ottawa Jan 11, 2017
Application closed and approved, tracker activated Jan 19, 2017
COPR received Jan 23, 2017

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
lee_diam said:
hello,

Any one from Alberta? Can you please suggest best place to land (Coutts vs Caraway)? Any experiences?
Coutts is better. I had landed there and went all good and very fast, took only about 30 minutes
Try to go in mornings.

yuki15

Jan 20, 2017
Ananta13 said:
18882422100 that's the number
Waiting time can be long. Keep calling them until u get hold of them.
When I called first time I had same situation they directed me for web form. Second time it worked out I was on hold for almost half an hour.
Good luck. And keep posting the updates.
Thanks a lot Ananta! Well, I called both CPC-Ottawa and Canada post yesterday to find out that they did left my mail in the warehouse. Anyway I got stamped today and the return tracking is activated.

Ananta13

Jan 12, 2017
BC
yuki15 said:
Thanks a lot Ananta! Well, I called both CPC-Ottawa and Canada post yesterday to find out that they did left my mail in the warehouse. Anyway I got stamped today and the return tracking is activated.
Great! Just got my passport back today. Landed by flag poling at osoyoos border. Everything went well! Pr card waiting period 10 weeks.

gayeonko

Jul 29, 2016
naman.tuteja said:
Guys,

Landed yesterday (6th Jan) at Rainbow Bridge. Awesome Experience.
Will wait for my PR card now.

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Lets take this group to another level - Tracking of PR card. Whats say??
[/size][/size][/size][/size]
did they ask you POF(proof of funds)?