+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport to CPC Ottawa - December 2016

SlimVictoria

Aug 10, 2015
Hey guys,

I received my passport & COPR yesterday (January 12, 2017). Please see below my timeline:

PPR: December 15th, 2016
Passport Sent: December 19th, 2016
Passport Received & Signed by IRCC: December 22nd, 2016
eAPR Approved & Closed: January 9th, 2017
Tracker activated: January 10th, 2017
Received: January 12th, 2017

However, I noticed that the Orig. Entry Date on my COPR is wrong tho ... and also, IRCC returned both of my photos (one is on my COPR and the other one with my name and DOB written on the back is in the return envelope), I thought IRCC will keep one of the photo, very strange. I am wondering if anybody here received all your photos back along with your COPR and/or passport, thanks.

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

sammy1976

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-216
Doc's Request.
Schedule A, 17/sep/2016
Nomination.....
N / A
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront / 30-08-2016
Med's Done....
16-09-2016 / Passed
Interview........
not needed yet
Passport Req..
Dec 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 9, 2017
LANDED..........
INLAND

skybird86

Jul 10, 2016
Here is my timeline. Hope it's helpful for those who are still waiting.

PPR: December 23rd, 2016
Passport Sent: December 24th, 2016 from Toronto
Passport Arrived CIC: December 28th, 2016 arrive Ottawa
CoPR Approved: January 9th, 2017
Tracker activated: 16:36 January 12th, 2017
Received: 11:51 January 13th, 2017
CIC Online Account Status: still open till now, not closed

Marko10

Feb 27, 2016
Hey guys,
Mycic account changed to approved and closed yesterday morning and I received the update email late last night.I can't track the return Expresspost envelope cause I stupidly didn't write the tracker number down when I sent it.I called Canada post to see if there was any way I can track it cause I still have the receipt for buying the envelope but they said there's no way.Can you guys tell me if they leave the COPR in your mail box or do they leave it somewhere else to pick up if you are not at home when they come?I live in Toronto so would I be right to assume that I should have it by Monday or Tuesday at the latest?
Thanks

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Marko10 said:
Hey guys,
Mycic account changed to approved and closed yesterday morning and I received the update email late last night.I can't track the return Expresspost envelope cause I stupidly didn't write the tracker number down when I sent it.I called Canada post to see if there was any way I can track it cause I still have the receipt for buying the envelope but they said there's no way.Can you guys tell me if they leave the COPR in your mail box or do they leave it somewhere else to pick up if you are not at home when they come?I live in Toronto so would I be right to assume that I should have it by Monday or Tuesday at the latest?
Thanks
Hey.
Canada Post should leave your Expresspost package in your mail box if that was the address you gave as your 'Return Address'. The Expresspost package will contain your Passport, COPR, Additional informational documents. Yes, you should receive it by Tuesday the latest.

Good Luck. Cheers.

amiir hassan

Jan 12, 2017
ethiopia
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
2016/08/18
Interview........
2014/05/04
Passport Req..
2017/01/04
VISA ISSUED...
2017/01/12
LANDED..........
soon
hello guys is anyone tell me which and where i can tracking plz

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
amiir hassan said:
hello guys is anyone tell me which and where i can tracking plz
Hello,

The tracking is based on your 'Return Xpresspost Envelope' from Canada Post that you have included when you sent the passport. This is applicable if you are in Canada already.

Not sure what the procedure if you are applying from outside Canada.

Cheers.

amiir hassan

Jan 12, 2017
ethiopia
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
2016/08/18
Interview........
2014/05/04
Passport Req..
2017/01/04
VISA ISSUED...
2017/01/12
LANDED..........
soon
CODEGURU yes pro im outside canada so anyone else

farhan88

Mar 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD and OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-09-2016
IELTS Request
Provided band 9
Med's Request
Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
30-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
W8ing
LANDED..........
W8ing
Kb88 said:
Hi may I ask when did the Ottawa office receive your passport ?
On the 30th of December. I am yet to receive it from Canada Post though :mad:

amiir hassan

Jan 12, 2017
ethiopia
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
2016/08/18
Interview........
2014/05/04
Passport Req..
2017/01/04
VISA ISSUED...
2017/01/12
LANDED..........
soon
hello guys ...........guys can anyone can tell me where i can track my passport if they sent

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Flagpolled yesterday at Peace Arch.
US officer was good. Simple questions. Gave me the flagpole paper.

Walked over to the Canadian side. First stop(Borderside where the cars are stopped and checked etc)- Canadian officer checked my passport and flagpole paper asked me if I did duty free shopping or carrying any weapons etc.

Then told me to head over to the Canadian office where I met with another officer(pretty chill guy too) asked me a few questions, told me to sign the COPR etc. Gave me an information document of becoming a PR and how to hold on that status etc. Told me to wait till he checked all the paperwork(wait time was approx 10-15 mins. Could have been less. I wasnt checking.) He then called out- congratulated me on becoming a PR. Told me about waiting for the card and if I had to travel what I had to do etc. Pretty nice guy. He gave me another paper that I had to show to another lady officer outside who let me through(there were no physical barriers). Just an officer checking.

Overall experience- 10/10. (Both US and Canada).

The distance between US and Canadian border check in PEACE ARCH was a bit of a walk. It was chilly- good thing I was dressed warm.

Now I am a PR. Waiting for my PR Card.

I wish you all the very best. Ask me any questions if you guys got. I will try to answer them. Cheers.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
codeguru said:
Flagpolled yesterday at Peace Arch.
US officer was good. Simple questions. Gave me the flagpole paper.

Walked over to the Canadian side. First stop(Borderside where the cars are stopped and checked etc)- Canadian officer checked my passport and flagpole paper asked me if I did duty free shopping or carrying any weapons etc.

Then told me to head over to the Canadian office where I met with another officer(pretty chill guy too) asked me a few questions, told me to sign the COPR etc. Gave me an information document of becoming a PR and how to hold on that status etc. Told me to wait till he checked all the paperwork(wait time was approx 10-15 mins. Could have been less. I wasnt checking.) He then called out- congratulated me on becoming a PR. Told me about waiting for the card and if I had to travel what I had to do etc. Pretty nice guy. He gave me another paper that I had to show to another lady officer outside who let me through(there were no physical barriers). Just an officer checking.

Overall experience- 10/10. (Both US and Canada).

The distance between US and Canadian border check in PEACE ARCH was a bit of a walk. It was chilly- good thing I was dressed warm.

Now I am a PR. Waiting for my PR Card.

I wish you all the very best. Ask me any questions if you guys got. I will try to answer them. Cheers.
Congratulations @codeguru!

umar441

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-NOV-2015
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2016
Im outland applicant got PPR while on visitor visa and i sent my passport which was received on 5th January...
Till now i did not see any update either on Mycic or return tracker...
What are the average time for visa stamping? Any idea

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
umar441 said:
Im outland applicant got PPR while on visitor visa and i sent my passport which was received on 5th January...
Till now i did not see any update either on Mycic or return tracker...
What are the average time for visa stamping? Any idea
Same here, its for my husband, outland applicant and he is here on visitor visa, passport was received on 29th Dec to Ottawa for ppr and still no update

umar441

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-NOV-2015
File Transfer...
21-JAN-2016
Pari123 said:
Same here, its for my husband, outland applicant and he is here on visitor visa, passport was received on 29th Dec to Ottawa for ppr and still no update
Keep us posted so we will know when it came back...