+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT TO CPC OTTAWA - AUGUST 2018

nsteja1

Nov 6, 2018
Hi All,

Just wanted to post my experience, since this thread helped me a lot. I signed up just to tell you my experience, so please pay it forward.

1. Sent my passport on 17th of October
2. Received by CPCO on 18th of October
3. No updates of any kind anywhere for 1 week
4. CIC portal said my application was approved on 26th of October
5. No updates and No passport dispatch for another 10 days. Sent two mails to the email given in request letter and got replies with assurances. The customer service phone number isn't reachable from USA.
6. Passport return activated on 5th November and the passport got delivered on the 6th of November.

All of this was done via Fedex. I generated shipment and return label all in one go via "Create Shipment" button from the fedex portal after signing up. The first screen asks you for Onward Shipping and the screen after that asks you for Return Shipping information.

Make sure you enter the same amount (I suggest $1.00) in the Onward Shipment Screen and Return Shipping Screen, otherwise you will never get out of their faulty system, even customer care can't help you. Put $1.00 everywhere (2 places per screen).

Also, make sure you generate Commercial Invoices (3 onwards while sending and 3 for return) along with the onward and return labels. Commercial invoices are used by customs at every nation the package goes to, and is kept in that nation. They need to be signed and placed with the label in the label bag of the shipment, they are removed by customs and resealed in every country. If you are sending the package YOU need to sign the 3 onward commercial invoices, do NOT sign the invoices for return shipment - it's for CPCO to sign (they may choose to sign or not depending on your address type - residential or commercial).

Hope this helps.

harjeetm

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
PPR Email: 24th Oct
Passport sent: 25th Oct
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: 26th Oct

No CIC update status after that :'(

harjeetm

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Does anyone know if there is an email on which we can ask them about an update. I used the email which was mentioned in "Request letter" but we received an automated response that any queries wont be answered .

harjeetm

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018

13th Nov : Today I received an update that RPRF fee is not paid which I have to pay within 7 days.

I've paid the fee now and uploaded the receipt to mycic account and waiting for another update :'((

Sravi

Nov 10, 2018

13th Nov : Today I received an update that RPRF fee is not paid which I have to pay within 7 days.

I've paid the fee now and uploaded the receipt to mycic account and waiting for another update :'((
Wish you all the best. Looks like the processing has slowed down. I am also waiting for my tracking number to get activated from long

Sravi

Nov 10, 2018
Hello All,
This forum has helped me deal with anxiety which we all experience in this phase. I would like to share my experience here.

On our PR application, my husband is the primary applicant and he stays in India. I reside in Canada.

We got our first PPR email on 10th October 2018 asking us to send our passports to Ottawa. Since my husband was in India, we wrote an email on 11th October requesting to let my husband submit his passport in India.

On 12th October we received an email from IRCC mentioning where my husband can submit his passport and where I can send mine in Canada.

This second email from IRCC was in the junk email folder and we missed seeing it until October 19. (SO KEEP AN EYE OUT ON YOUR JUNK EMAIL FOLDER)
On 22 October, my husband submitted his passport in the VFS center in India.

On 23rd October, we got another PPR but this time in our my CIC account.

So totally we received PPR thrice but they were all inconsistent:
1. In every PPR the address to which passport needed to be submitted in Canada was different.
2. The second PPR did not ask for Annex -A. It wanted the address to be filled on return envelope instead.

I googled each of the addresses to see if someone else had used it before. To my surprise, only one address appeared in two blogs that google came up with. For the other two addresses, either the Postal code or PO box number did not match. I went to Canada posts outlet to confirm the address, and I was shocked on finding out that postal codes on all 3 addresses were incorrect!!

I called the Canada posts customer service to explain my situation, they said they couldn't help me much and to just pick any one of the addresses, and hope it be delivered to the right place.

Some of my close friends suggested me to go with the address on the latest PPR.

But my gut feeling was to go ahead with the address which matched the blog. (I FELT SAFE TO SEND TO THE ADDRESS TO WHICH SOMEONE ELSE HAD SENT IT BEFORE).

My husband suggested me to wait until his passport was back, but since my passport was expiring in less than 7 months, I decided to send it.

On 29th October I posted my documents to the address which had matched the blog. I also filled out Annex-A. To my luck, CUPW went on strike that week in Ottawa and the package got delivered only on 5th November. ("SCI SCHUITEBOER" HAD SIGNED AT THE RECIEVER'S END, WHOM I GOOGLED AND FELT RELIEVED TO SEE MANY BLOGS WITH HIS NAME ASSOCIATED WITH CPC OTTAWA).

Meanwhile, my husband's passport was stamped on October 31 and our my CIC status was updated on 7th November. My husband's passport was mailed out on 6th November and he received the courier on 8th November.

My tracking number got activated on 13 November. I received my passport and COPR today (14 November). My passport was stamped on 5 November. The letter that came along with the COPR are only in French though!! My challenges never seem to end...LOL

Anyways, since I am the dependent on this application, I can immigrate only after my husband (the primary applicant) has landed in Canada. I plan to go to North Portal to complete the formalities.

All the best to you all with your PR process.

harjeetm

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Did anyone received a request to pay RPRF fee and how long does it take after you pay this fee. My passports are already with them.

13th Nov : Received an update that RPRF fee is not paid - Paid on same day and now waiting with no update

harjeetm

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
What all documents we need to carry when we first land in Canada. Do i need to carry anything special for my son like his school records, attendance etc. I would appreciate if someone can advise a good explained list. I found below link which is helpful but for dependents like my son its not clear :-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/border-entry.html

It also says bring your immunization cards, do we need to bring for me and my wife too . Site says :-
"If you or your child hasn’t been vaccinated, call your doctor or local public health clinic right away."