+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT TO CPC OTTAWA - AUGUST 2018

lordello86

Nov 1, 2018
Guys, I have a question:

1) Should I send both passports + letter + photos (main applicant's and spouse's) in the same envelope? I imagine this is ok as long as it contains my application #, right?
2) I am sending all documents and another envelope so that IRCC can send both passports back to me. Even though IRCC recommendation is to send same-size envelopes, a Post clerk instructed me to buy a smaller envelope and have it sent inside the bigger one. Is this correct?

andygill11

May 5, 2018
Guys, I have a question:

1) Should I send both passports + letter + photos (main applicant's and spouse's) in the same envelope? I imagine this is ok as long as it contains my application #, right?
I'm not sure about this but I believe so.
2) I am sending all documents and another envelope so that IRCC can send both passports back to me. Even though IRCC recommendation is to send same-size envelopes, a Post clerk instructed me to buy a smaller envelope and have it sent inside the bigger one. Is this correct?
I did the same thing. Got a smaller envelope for return shipping and put it in the bigger one.

Aug 2, 2019
Any idea on this? Return tracker activated today however application status is in progress.

Passport Sent: July 30
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: 31 July
MyCIC status updates to approved: Waiting
Return tracker activated: Aug 21
COPR delivered: Waiting

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Any idea on this? Return tracker activated today however application status is in progress.

MyCIC status updates to approved: Waiting
COPR delivered: Waiting
Strange. I hope they are not returning your package because of some documentation/photo issues. Ideally your application should be approved.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Final Update:

MyCIC status updates to approved: Aug 22
COPR delivered: Aug 22

:) :)
Hello
Did u send your passport from USA to Ottawa? Hw did you send it? By fedex?
Did u created return label online or in store?

Aug 2, 2019
Hello
Did u send your passport from USA to Ottawa? Hw did you send it? By fedex?
Did u created return label online or in store?
Yes, I sent my passport from New York City via Fedex International Priority. It takes a day to reach CPC Ottawa.

Remember, If you are sending from USA to CPC-Ottawa to the address 365 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, K1A 1L1, chances are that the package will be delivered to 2303 Stevenage Drive. Its completely ok if this happens and do not panic as it happened to me.

Yes, I created an online Fedex Account. For some reason, I was not able to add credit card information while account creation and had to call Fedex support to help me fix the account. Once the account is ready, you can create two Shipment labels - One for sending and other for receiving passport back. I created both the labels using Fedex Ship Manager Lite. It does not matter from where you are generating the labels. I did at store. Its just a form and once fully filled it ties to your Fedex account. You can either print the generated letters at home or at store (printing is free at store). Also, remember to keep your Fedex account in good status (credit card linked). Download the app for easy tracking. Fedex will charge the account after few days of shipment.

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Yes, I sent my passport from New York City via Fedex International Priority. It takes a day to reach CPC Ottawa.

Remember, If you are sending from USA to CPC-Ottawa to the address 365 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, K1A 1L1, chances are that the package will be delivered to 2303 Stevenage Drive. Its completely ok if this happens and do not panic as it happened to me.

Yes, I created an online Fedex Account. For some reason, I was not able to add credit card information while account creation and had to call Fedex support to help me fix the account. Once the account is ready, you can create two Shipment labels - One for sending and other for receiving passport back. I created both the labels using Fedex Ship Manager Lite. It does not matter from where you are generating the labels. I did at store. Its just a form and once fully filled it ties to your Fedex account. You can either print the generated letters at home or at store (printing is free at store). Also, remember to keep your Fedex account in good status (credit card linked). Download the app for easy tracking. Fedex will charge the account after few days of shipment.
Thank you soo much for detailed explanation..
One thing more -did u send your kids USA passports or photocopy?

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
PPR Email: 20th Aug
Passport delivery to CPC Ottawa: 22nd Aug
MyCIC status updates to approved: waiting
Return tracker activated: waiting
COPR delivered: waiting

ggeet

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Fedex told me commercial invoice is not needed for documents. I also forgot to add return envelope, I hope they have a spare envelop :|
My application was approved today though.

mnlcva8891

Oct 28, 2018
I got PPR request. Will be sending the package from the US.
Now sending it to the address in Ottawa is not an issue, but how do we go about creating a label that is gonna be shipped from Canada to the US?
What is the fastest service and how much does it run for?

igorbsmith

May 8, 2018
Good Evening everyone

I’d like to ask you a question just in case of someone have had the same situation. I got the email asking my passports, pics in 39 days. I sent all docs in 2 days. As I am from Brazil I didnt send the original because I have ETA.
After 7 days I got an email asking me to send the original in 7 days or they will return my docs.
My question: I am gonna be travelling outside Canada this following Sunday and I’ll be back the Friday after. When they say they will send back so they mean I’ll lose my process?! Or are they gonna send me the last one I provided?! Did anyone have the same experience?

rmahmood

Jun 4, 2020
Hello All,
I was hoping to find a solution to my situation. I am currently on a work permit in Canada. I applied for my TRV 20 days ago. I have a scheduled trip to visit my spouse in the states in a few days. I was wondering has anyone applied for an in-Canada TRV and then had to send passport from US after leaving canada while waiting on a decision (passport request letter)?If so, what worked in your case and how did you go about sending your passport to Canada? I have seen here that Fedex is an option but those cases are mostly for permanent residency applications from outside canada. Thanks

Rowdy1313

May 10, 2019
Hello All,
I was hoping to find a solution to my situation. I am currently on a work permit in Canada. I applied for my TRV 20 days ago. I have a scheduled trip to visit my spouse in the states in a few days. I was wondering has anyone applied for an in-Canada TRV and then had to send passport from US after leaving canada while waiting on a decision (passport request letter)?If so, what worked in your case and how did you go about sending your passport to Canada? I have seen here that Fedex is an option but those cases are mostly for permanent residency applications from outside canada. Thanks
You don’t need TRV to re-enter to Canada from United States, only work permit is fine. I have travelled several times in same situation as yours, so don’t worry visit States first, come back to Canada, then send your passport to Ottawa. Play safe. TRV exemption only applies to United States.