Passport submission - VFS - Pakistan specific information - Post PPR

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got passports today. Sent on May 27. Self collected at Karachi VAC.

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys @muspal @husnainramay @Sicilian @ambee I am flying to Canada this week. Had a few imp questions to ask. Please reply
1. Do I need a PCR Test or is vaccination certificate from Nadra suffice?
2. Do I need anything to clear immigration at Pakistan? Any document or clearance? I am asking because they refuse to let you board flight if you are going out on a work permit without clearance from employment department in Pakistan. Does anything similar if you are going out of the country on immigrant visa?
3. Is there any restriction on taking personal gold jewelry from Pakistan. I am based in Karachi
4. when taking a cardboard box as a piece of baggage what size box is allowed. (turkish airline)

Please answer as many questions as you guys can

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Guys @muspal @husnainramay @Sicilian @ambee I am flying to Canada this week. Had a few imp questions to ask. Please reply
2. Do I need anything to clear immigration at Pakistan? Any document or clearance? I am asking because they refuse to let you board flight if you are going out on a work permit without clearance from employment department in Pakistan. Does anything similar if you are going out of the country on immigrant visa?
3. Is there any restriction on taking personal gold jewelry from Pakistan. I am based in Karachi
4. when taking a cardboard box as a piece of baggage what size box is allowed. (turkish airline)

1. No need for PCR as long as you're fully vaccinated with approved vaccines unless required by your airline. I assume you already know that you have to use ArriveCan app.
2. No don't need anything. Rest it is Pakistan if they want to cause hassle for you they can.
3. Same as point 2.
4. No idea, you should ask airline to be sure.

Also, how much did your ticket cost you?

Sicilian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-Jan-2021
Passport Req..
18-05-2022

Your queries have been answered by @muspal. Just for your second question, are you planning a soft landing? and do you have an ordinary passport, with nothing mentioned as profession?

Same question. Cost of your ticket please @nemo123?

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. No need for PCR as long as you're fully vaccinated with approved vaccines unless required by your airline. I assume you already know that you have to use ArriveCan app.
2. No don't need anything. Rest it is Pakistan if they want to cause hassle for you they can.
3. Same as point 2.
4. No idea, you should ask airline to be sure.

Also, how much did your ticket cost you?
@muspal thanks for your reply. It costed me 600K for 2 adults and one 3 year old one way.

@Sicilian I have a ordinary passport does not mention profession. Also I would be doing a proper landing

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
I submitted my passport for spouse open work permit on 13 June 2022 VFS Islamabad On 22nd June I have received passport request for PR, today 25 days are completed They didn't return my passport, very much upset, send email to Canada High Commission Pakistan. ABDHABI IMMIGRATOON ,BUT NO RESPONSE

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
I submitted my passport for spouse open work permit on 13 June 2022 VFS Islamabad On 22nd June I have received passport request for PR, today 25 days are completed They didn't return my passport, very much upset, send email to Canada High Commission Pakistan. ABDHABI IMMIGRATOON ,BUT NO RESPONSE
hello ,did u get ur passport? or not yet? and i want to know that we have to take appointment for passport submission or just walk in??

Noman884

Nov 17, 2021
Ask your husband to talk to local mp (member parliment) you will get your passport , moreover raise web form to islamabad too.

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
Hello All,

How long do we have to wait to receive our stamped passport? I submitted mine on March 18th at Lahore VFS and it’s been under process at the IRCC since March 24th. Since it’s been over 2 weeks, I just want know how long it’s been taking lately?

Thank you!
Can you tell me do we need an appointment for passport submission or its just walk in??

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Ask your husband to talk to local mp (member parliment) you will get your passport , moreover raise web form to islamabad too.
Its already done and I already landed in Canada on 23rd July, they directly stamed immigrant stamp on my passport and given me landing paper ,only they called me at that time and requested to send 2 picture via tcs . So after that within 2 days I got my passport back mean VFS hold my passport almost 21 days and than release with PR not workpermit