+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission - VFS - Pakistan specific information - Post PPR

Expelliarmus56

Sep 3, 2020
Hello. We received the PPR Alhamdulillah but I am a little confused on which vfs office to submit our passports to. As the letter clearly mentions to submit it to Islamabad visa office under 30 days. We live in Karachi and it will of course be easier to submit it to their Karachi office. Can anyone please help with this?

Expelliarmus56

Sep 3, 2020
Yes I did two days ago. I am not sure, will go in September for soft landing probably.
Hi Hussain. Can you please share which of the three vfs visa offices in Pakistan did you submit your passport to. And if your PPR letter mentioned to submit it to the Islamabad visa office only.

Expelliarmus56

Sep 3, 2020
Got my passport back today. Good luck everyone.
Hi. Can you please share which visa office you submitted your passports to. We received the PPR last week and it says to submit the passports to the Islamabad visa office in 30 days. My husband is abroad for work currently and returns in a couple of weeks. We were planning to submit our passports to the Karachi visa office since we live in Karachi. But i'm confused if the 30 days limit will stop once we submit it to the karachi office or when it reaches Islamabad office. Any insight would be appreciated.

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Hi. Can you please share which visa office you submitted your passports to. We received the PPR last week and it says to submit the passports to the Islamabad visa office in 30 days. My husband is abroad for work currently and returns in a couple of weeks. We were planning to submit our passports to the Karachi visa office since we live in Karachi. But i'm confused if the 30 days limit will stop once we submit it to the karachi office or when it reaches Islamabad office. Any insight would be appreciated.
Sorry I just saw this. I submitted it to the Karachi office in Bahria center. To be on the safe side, please keep a margin of a few days for it to get to the visa office in Islamabad, don't cut it too close if possible. Good luck!

Reactions: Expelliarmus56

SAJ51215

Oct 8, 2019
Hi, I am in process of getting LMIA based work permit and just had my medical done. Any idea that if medical completion creates higher chances of getting work permit issued soon and passport request made within a month for travel Visa.

Please guide if you have any details.

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi, I am in process of getting LMIA based work permit and just had my medical done. Any idea that if medical completion creates higher chances of getting work permit issued soon and passport request made within a month for travel Visa.

Please guide if you have any details.
If IRCC send you medical request or you are the one who did medical in advance and your biometric is already done( for some countries biometric is not required for LMIA)if they send you medical request than you have 80% chances to get visa soon but it's depend on IRCC , bcz IRCC have a different criteria for different countries and people. So they can take this proceess longer and may be 3 months but mostly in 1 month you can
get result , depends IRCC is unpredictable. Be in patience, Allah has a perfect and confirm time for you to come in Canada keep your prayers, and InshAllah everything will be soon and smoothly done.

Reactions: SAJ51215

SAJ51215

Oct 8, 2019
If IRCC send you medical request or you are the one who did medical in advance and your biometric is already done( for some countries biometric is not required for LMIA)if they send you medical request than you have 80% chances to get visa soon but it's depend on IRCC , bcz IRCC have a different criteria for different countries and people. So they can take this proceess longer and may be 3 months but mostly in 1 month you can
get result , depends IRCC is unpredictable. Be in patience, Allah has a perfect and confirm time for you to come in Canada keep your prayers, and InshAllah everything will be soon and smoothly done.
Initially, Medical was done for all of us but I had an issue so it was just revised couple of days ago...My husband will on WP and myself and kids will occupy him on visit visa...InshAllah, We are praying for the best...

Reactions: Rania Khan

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
In the ppr I got it just states to go to the nearest vfs office. For my mrs it was karachi .. it's walkin and process was pretty straightforward.. she submitted her passport on Feb 6th and they say on the letter it will take about 4 weeks though at the vfs center ppl working there said 12 to 14 days even now is that business days or regular days not sure as we are still waiting on the visa and copr.

knighthunter001

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Second med 10-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-01-2023
New update everyone by the grace of Allah all mighty we got the copr and visa on passport

1. CIC received application for permanent residence on May 7, 2021.
  2. medical instructions sent on October 6, 2021
  3. 2nd medical instructions on September 28, 2022 ( as it was a year )
  4. medical done on Oct 18th 2022
  5. correspondence on October 27, 2022 ( saying passport on profile is expired which it was and sent to cic same day )
  6. Nov 4th Decision made on ECAS
  7. Nov 28th pre arrival received.
  8. Ppr received Jan 30th
  9. Pp submitted Feb 6th
  10. Copr and visa on passport Feb 23rd
It's just the home stretch now .. onwards and home to canada ..

AKH123

Feb 19, 2023
Hi guys. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get the passport back? I submitted mine in Lahore on Friday.

rana470

Jul 14, 2022
I just received letter to submit the passports. From April 11,2023 onwards an appointment is needed for passport submission. It asks for IRCC number of all applicants. My kid is under 5 so there was no IRCC number for him.
  1. What IRCC number should I enter for my kid
  2. If I try to enter mine IRCC number it says.
    This IRCC No. is already in use. Please cancel your previous appointment or use the reschedule option to continue with the same IRCC No
or Can I go and submit without an appointment?