+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission in USA for Indian application for TRV - Visit Visa

prseeker2

Apr 5, 2022
Thanks for the reply @aspirecanada2021

In the new portal at-least I do not see the question "Countries or Territory where applying". I only see "countries or territories of residence" and was thus confused about this. Am I missing something? I am using this link to access the new portal: https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Some context (if this helps in answering and helping me better): My parents are in US right now and will be staying here for another 5.5 months. We have Canada TRV and applying for parents so we could make a trip to Canada and meet our relatives (extended family, they have not met for a long time now due to COVID-19) there.

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Update from my side is that we received my father's passport today with TRV stamped on the passport. To summarize, we were able to submit the passport in the USA for TRV stamping even when the TRV was approved in India and biometrics were submitted in India, and the visa was stamped in the USA.

Reactions: prseeker2

Nav9999

Aug 1, 2016
Update from my side is that we received my father's passport today with TRV stamped on the passport. To summarize, we were able to submit the passport in the USA for TRV stamping even when the TRV was approved in India and biometrics were submitted in India, and the visa was stamped in the USA.
Hi @aspirecanada2021 @mannepu @Brinds15 @prseeker2

I have a question regarding the 2 Way Courier purchase and Money Order amount for submitting the original passport to New York location.

Question 1: I have ordered 2 way courier purchase from this website (https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/Account/RegisteredLogin?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+wj/xwjQV05sWPtysuvzK33qrK3eXshT1TAgsu3oVBZovxbG4hegjVxPtRK4ehNyPck+V525rUvI5fmDu7unjO/), but looks like I am able to download only 1 courier label after the payment ? Is it the case with you as well ?

Question 2: For how much amount you got the Money Order ?

Thanks in Advance for your help !!

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Hi @aspirecanada2021 @mannepu @Brinds15 @prseeker2

I have a question regarding the 2 Way Courier purchase and Money Order amount for submitting the original passport to New York location.

Question 1: I have ordered 2 way courier purchase from this website (https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/Account/RegisteredLogin?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+wj/xwjQV05sWPtysuvzK33qrK3eXshT1TAgsu3oVBZovxbG4hegjVxPtRK4ehNyPck+V525rUvI5fmDu7unjO/), but looks like I am able to download only 1 courier label after the payment ? Is it the case with you as well ?

Question 2: For how much amount you got the Money Order ?

Thanks in Advance for your help !!
1. I dont know, my relative did that part in USA. If its generating one label, then thats what it will be I guess.
2. The exact amount of the money order is given in the letter generated after you do payment for 2 way courier service. This letter you have to send along with passport....it has list of documents plus the money order amount..... I think its 22.80 or something, please check on the letter for the exact amount....its on 3rd or 4th page of that letter.....

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
LA CVAC is pretty fast, got the stamped passport in 4 business days
Hi, can you please tell me your timeline. My documents were received by LA CVAC on Jan 9th and today that is Jan 12th they sent an acknowledgment that they have received the documents. When do you think they would stamp the visa and initiate the return? Would it be Jan 17th?