Interview........
26/03/2015
Passport Req..
20/07/2015 ****** DM 21/07/2015
LANDED..........
11/09/2015
mazenrad said:
Hi Guys,

I have the same case, I submitted my passport to the Abu dhabi embassy and it was delivered via Aramex on August 4th, till now no sign after 4 weeks... I hope you all received your passports already... I already raised an inquiry through CIC 2 days back but no reply yet...

Has anyone tried to contact the embassy in person to inquire about the status? I am bound to travel end of next week so I'm all out of ideas...
If anyone got their passports recently please share the exact time it took from submission to delivery?

Thanks
My case --- Couriered on 26th July ,reached ADH embassy 27th July ----- Yet to receive my PP back. Hopefully this week, Tickets booked for 11th Sept 2015. ADH embassy is very slow. No option but to wait patiently.

Sasuki

May 7, 2010
My passport was submitted in person on 03rd August to ADVO with aramex waybill, although it was mentioned 10 business days to process the application but the lady behind the counter told me 3-4 weeks. till date I didn't receive any update from ADVO.

mazenrad

Aug 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
atzquebec said:
Hi,

Today we recieved the letter to submit passports to Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi.

The letter mentiones 10 days as processing time and 1-3 days courier time, for the return of the passports. I have seen in this thread that its taking 30-40 days on average for return of passports.

For those who have reveive the letter, does the letter mention 10 days as well for processing ?

TIA
Hi atzquebec

My letter specified 4 weeks as a max, no 10 days was mentioned ! My application is through the UK office and I'm applying from Kuwait

mazenrad

Aug 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Sasuki said:
My passport was submitted in person on 03rd August to ADVO with aramex waybill, although it was mentioned 10 business days to process the application but the lady behind the counter told me 3-4 weeks. till date I didn't receive any update from ADVO.
Hi Sasuki,

Do you know if it is possible to send someone to inquire about the status at the embassy building?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
mazenrad said:
Hi Sasuki,

Do you know if it is possible to send someone to inquire about the status at the embassy building?
Visit in person on either Monday or Wednesday during 9-11:30AM with ur booked tickets and request them to give ur processed passport by hand by explaining ur situation. They will entertain u

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been asked to submit my passport to abu dhabi embassy and in the pdf file it says that it can take up to 4 weeks . I live in a gulf country where the company keeps my passport and I cant tell them that i applied for immigration and i need to send my passport to embassy . I plan to tell them that i need my passport because I am going to my home country for weekend, once they give me passport i will send them to abu dhabi .

The problem is that once the weekend is over they would keep sending me emails to return the passport and the time . Apart from that I have a letter from a US company inviting me to attend an event in california on 18th oct for which I have still not applied .. the letter is dated 6th august btw.

If i send my passport to abu dhabi embasy and mention that my passport is kept by company ( there is a sticker of company on passport ) and also tell them that i need to apply for USA visa also would they send my passport back fast ??

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
ciscoccie said:
I have been asked to submit my passport to abu dhabi embassy and in the pdf file it says that it can take up to 4 weeks . I live in a gulf country where the company keeps my passport and I cant tell them that i applied for immigration and i need to send my passport to embassy . I plan to tell them that i need my passport because I am going to my home country for weekend, once they give me passport i will send them to abu dhabi .

The problem is that once the weekend is over they would keep sending me emails to return the passport and the time . Apart from that I have a letter from a US company inviting me to attend an event in california on 18th oct for which I have still not applied .. the letter is dated 6th august btw.

If i send my passport to abu dhabi embasy and mention that my passport is kept by company ( there is a sticker of company on passport ) and also tell them that i need to apply for USA visa also would they send my passport back fast ??
Include a cover letter explaining ur situation and send it along ur documents to abu dhabi. Plus rather then saying u r going to home country for weekend make an excuse of any tourist visa application stuff that way u can have more days on hand

hushuscanada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dixiechic said:
Hello everyone.... I am in big dilemma. We received passport request 2 days back from CIC. However, I am currently in singapore and family is back in Abu Dhabi. I need to be here for the next 2 months at least. Also as my wife was pregnant we got her medicals done in mid-august but my medicals were done last year in dec when we got the first medical request.

I don't know what to do....as I can't send my passport from singapore for stamping and be her without a passport and I don't want to delay the process as the medical expiry is worrying me.

Is it possible that CIC will ask for another medical at the time of stamping. Also can I get my passport stamped in Singapore while my family does it in Abu Dhabi. Pls advice.
how about let your wife send you her passport and then you can send them all together and receive them together in Singapore.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
ciscoccie said:

Try to get passport for renewal , if possible

shb

May 10, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Photo Request (18-02-15)
Nomination.....
18-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-06-2015 --> SLU 26-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-06-2015 --> Uploaded 30-06-2015 --> TLU 04-07-2015
Passport Req..
Request --> 14-07-15 PP submitted --> 03-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
Received pp with Maple Leaf :)
LANDED..........
Soon...
rodroye said:
My case --- Couriered on 26th July ,reached ADH embassy 27th July ----- Yet to receive my PP back. Hopefully this week, Tickets booked for 11th Sept 2015. ADH embassy is very slow. No option but to wait patiently.
Letter mentions approx 4 weeks. Please allow an additional 1-3 days for the return of your pp by courier.
So, those who have submitted on 3rd Aug, should receive it by 2nd week Sept.

mazenrad

Aug 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Zmaqsood said:
Visit in person on either Monday or Wednesday during 9-11:30AM with ur booked tickets and request them to give ur processed passport by hand by explaining ur situation. They will entertain u
Thanks Zmaqsood,

I need to send a friend to inquire since I'm in Kuwait (passportless) I have booked to the U.S. intending to buy a flight ticket to Toronto once I'm there since I'm not set on a specific date yet....

What I need them is to process it by the Aramex airway bill that I included in the original envelope...
I will check with my friend and let you know the outcome..

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolguy2010 said:
Try to get passport for renewal , if possible

passport renewal ??? I think you read it wrong .. my passport is still valid for next 9 years.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
The Letter mentions 3 submission options:

Option 1: Via Local VFS Global (mentioned as "Preferred"). I have to submit to VFS Global in Muscat, Oman
Option 2: Courier to Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi
Option 3: In person at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi

After reviewing the VFS Global Site for Oman, it says that there is a service charge of OMR 53.00/applicant.

Has anyone used VFS Global in Oman for passport submission ? I am wondering if its worth paying (Omr 53.00 X 3) ?.

TIA

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
ciscoccie said:
passport renewal ??? I think you read it wrong .. my passport is still valid for next 9 years.
Then get passport for some changes such as spouse name addition (not aware of your case in detail) , or change in other info

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
The Letter mentions 3 submission options:

Option 1: Via Local VFS Global (mentioned as "Preferred"). I have to submit to VFS Global in Muscat, Oman
Option 2: Courier to Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi
Option 3: In person at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi

After reviewing the VFS Global Site for Oman, it says that there is a service charge of OMR 53.00/applicant.

Has anyone used VFS Global in Oman for passport submission ? I am wondering if its worth paying (Omr 53.00 X 3) ?.

TIA