+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

claytonedk

Apr 8, 2020
I am in the same situation, from QC, passport sent 11th march, delivered to them next day. Since then no news, my demand is still not approved in both Ecas and GCKey. Before sent I was told that the delay was 4 to 6 weeks, it will complete 4 weeks tomorrow. But after this we had all the ruptures caused by covid-19 so I'm wondering if they working. My work permit expires 3 june and I decided to renew it because I don't know if I will be able to become my PR in 2 months even if I'm in final steps. That's a difficult situation, I hope the best for us !

Reactions: davidITD

Limonchella

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I am in the same situation, from QC, passport sent 11th march, delivered to them next day. Since then no news, my demand is still not approved in both Ecas and GCKey. Before sent I was told that the delay was 4 to 6 weeks, it will complete 4 weeks tomorrow. But after this we had all the ruptures caused by covid-19 so I'm wondering if they working. My work permit expires 3 june and I decided to renew it because I don't know if I will be able to become my PR in 2 months even if I'm in final steps. That's a difficult situation, I hope the best for us !
You need to raise a web form with explanation of the situation about permit expiration. They suppose to let you do landing before it or give the other instructions. At least it is said at the official portal. Just raise the web form and follow the instructions.
And I would wait till the last day of permit. You can apply for extension 24 hours before it will expire. Why to be in a hurry?

claytonedk

Apr 8, 2020
You need to raise a web form with explanation of the situation about permit expiration. They suppose to let you do landing before it or give the other instructions. At least it is said at the official portal. Just raise the web form and follow the instructions.
And I would wait till the last day of permit. You can apply for extension 24 hours before it will expire. Why to be in a hurry?
I did it, I sent them a web form and they answer me that it is important to keep my temporary status while I am not PR (a generic answer, sadly they don't have time to analyze every web form). Then I sent a demand to renew my work permit las week, I feel more secure like that because if I don't get to become PR until june at least I have a demand in process to renew my work permit so I can stay working (implicit status).

Reactions: Limonchella

Ruby1974

Star Member
Aug 7, 2019
I did it, I sent them a web form and they answer me that it is important to keep my temporary status while I am not PR (a generic answer, sadly they don't have time to analyze every web form). Then I sent a demand to renew my work permit las week, I feel more secure like that because if I don't get to become PR until june at least I have a demand in process to renew my work permit so I can stay working (implicit status).
You have to keep legal status until you approve for PR mean white you have to extend your work permit at least 30 days before your work permit expire

Reactions: Ctv92

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
you were right to renew it. ircc has no obligation to get it back to anyone before temp status expires. you have the obligation to not go out of status. you likely wont hear back about extension before getting passport back but applying was the right thing. even if you get visa/copr back tomorrow, with everything going on, the chances of you landing/officially becoming pr by June 3 are low. sorry you had to spend the extra $.

rhcesar

Apr 8, 2020
I also think that was the best option. I should have done the same.
Unfortunately, I had to renew my passport before sending it to Ottawa and didn't scan it before sending it. I don't even have my passport information now to apply for my visa extension or an ETA. I will have to cross my fingers and hope that my passport will be back before May 25th. or I don't know what I will do.

Ezen

Apr 6, 2020
are there any changes
senders after march 10
I think the files that henry received are waiting long
I do not know why

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
are there any changes
senders after march 10
I think the files that henry received are waiting long
I do not know why
No Change. Mine was received by SCI Schuiteboer on 13th March. I guess due to COVID19 IRCC is working with a very very low workforce and prioritizing applications with more emergency/critical circumstances (example: people whose passport/work permit is about to expire or other similar situations).

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
How to raise a Web Form for CPC-Ottawa specifically?