+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

naecruz

Jan 16, 2019
Hi guys, I received my PPR but I'm not in Canada. I have already sent a web form to request instructions but they asked me to send an email to CPC-CTD-OTTAWA@cic.gc.ca, to which I did but still no response. Since I only have until Sept 26 to submit my documents, I would like to know if any of you guys had to send your documents to someone in Canada so they could send them to Ottawa for you. I have my RCIC in Vancouver so I can send them to her. I also would like to know if it's possible to fill and sign Annex A online, I did so with adobe but I'm worried they want me to print and fill it out manually.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot.

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
need help!!
Received this letter today.
'""""Dear Applicant,
This letter is in response to the documents you submitted to our office for the issuance of your Permanent Resident (PR) Visa and Confirmation of Permanente Residence (CoPR).
The passport Mr. has submitted to our office has expired . Please be advised that your valid passport is mandatory for the finalization of your Permanent Residence application process. Therefore, you are required to submit your original passport IMMEDIATELY.
Please provide tracking number of the parcel within the next 7 days by replying to this correspondence, once the document is mailed out. If we do not receive your reply we will return all the documents received at our office using the return envelope you have provided.

Final Note
The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit the requested documents as soon as possible. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688) and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.
"""

But my passport is not expired. it is valid until 2023. only my dependents passport expiring in 5 months.
What to do now????
Thanks

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
need help!!
Received this letter today.
'""""Dear Applicant,
This letter is in response to the documents you submitted to our office for the issuance of your Permanent Resident (PR) Visa and Confirmation of Permanente Residence (CoPR).
The passport Mr. has submitted to our office has expired . Please be advised that your valid passport is mandatory for the finalization of your Permanent Residence application process. Therefore, you are required to submit your original passport IMMEDIATELY.
Please provide tracking number of the parcel within the next 7 days by replying to this correspondence, once the document is mailed out. If we do not receive your reply we will return all the documents received at our office using the return envelope you have provided.

Final Note
The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit the requested documents as soon as possible. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688) and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.
"""

But my passport is not expired. it is valid until 2023. only my dependents passport expiring in 5 months.
What to do now????
Thanks
I don’t know how difficult it is to renew passport over where you are presently.
I would have said you should do as requested

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
I don’t know how difficult it is to renew passport over where you are presently.
I would have said you should do as requested
it needs at least 6-8 weeks here in canada. Also i am not sure why they said my pp is expired. but it is not true. And also why they said COPR can not be extended. I am scared a lot!!!

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
it needs at least 6-8 weeks here in canada. Also i am not sure why they said my pp is expired. but it is not true. And also why they said COPR can not be extended. I am scared a lot!!!
I would say you should talk a CIC agents. Maybe they can rectify or check again with the officer since you said the passport is not yet expired.
They can also provide suggestions if eventually you need to renew this passport. Talk to someone ASAP

Mjkab

Aug 29, 2016
I would say you should talk a CIC agents. Maybe they can rectify or check again with the officer since you said the passport is not yet expired.
They can also provide suggestions if eventually you need to renew this passport. Talk to someone ASAP
thanks. this is really frustrating!! PP not expired even how could say and send this kind of email?/??? my pp is valid til 2023 and my dependents one is expiring in 5 months>