+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

Sep14AOR

Jan 10, 2019
Hi All- i have to send passport to CPC Ottawa from USA- i need to know if i also need to send a money order for transmission fees- Its not listed on my PPR letter but heard from others who are sending to other locations
Also- what is the best way to send the passports from USA- fedex or UPS?

UnitedBaller

Jan 15, 2019
Hi All- i have to send passport to CPC Ottawa from USA- i need to know if i also need to send a money order for transmission fees- Its not listed on my PPR letter but heard from others who are sending to other locations
Also- what is the best way to send the passports from USA- fedex or UPS?
I don't know about the transmission fee, I did not send anything other than the docs they asked for. Fedex or UPS both should be fine, just go with the one which helps you better with the return label, depends on the particular store and willingness and knowledge of the employees there

Weid

May 29, 2019
HI
I have the same time line and I am still waiting for the approval and return of passports, I called and there is no information.
Can I ask what type of stream are you?
I am a pnp-phd stream , and I heard it usually is slow!!
Do they update the profile throughout the day or only during Ottawa working hours?!
I am panicking right now as we bought tickets to visit home a month ago and when I sent our passports I thought we would get it back before our travel time, but I see people with our same time line getting theirs but not us .
I am thinking of requesting our passports back and sending them again when we return!!

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks

An update on our situation .
I called the immigration number provided on the website and talked to an agent and the only thing he told me he could do is send an e mail and request their answer. I also sent an e mail to the email on Cpc Ottawa page and provided them with my info and explained my urgent situation.

SADLY No response!!!!!!! !!

Then it came to our attention a similar case years ago on Twitter in which they contacted their district member of the Parliament (MP) and requested their help. So we did the same , found our MP and filled request forms and showed proof of emergency and then followed their instructions .
Thankfully today we received a call to come pick up our papers and passports from immigration

Note: MP office only help in emergency and special cases.

P.S. The agent on the phone told me that Cpc Ottawa can hold up a passport up to 12 days before sending it back and times varies for other factors if applicable.

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:

mopjedopje101

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
I sent my passport on May 17 it was delivered sometime on 18 May until now now NEWS status has not change .... :( is anybody in the same situation I live in Toronto.

Krisleen

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hii
Anybody who sent his/her passport on 31st May....pleaseshare your timeline.

Senior members....can u please tell Whats the approximate time to get the passports back in case of a dependent who has changed hos visa office from new delhi to ottawa...
Please reply at the earliest

yuquayko

Mar 31, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Passport (copy) Sent: May 31
Passport (copy) Delivered: June 3
Return Trucker Activated: June 6 (Approved on June 6 according to the GCKey)
CoPR Received: June 7

Last edited:
Reactions: Grechy7

rluthra111

May 1, 2008
I have applied for BC PNP and now my federal file is approved and CoPR papers received for the entire family. I am in Toronto with my family for a vacation for 3 weeks to attend a wedding. Can I do flag pole at Niagara US border or should I have to do Flag pole in BC and US border after 1 month?

I am excited to get PR done from Ontario, is it ok, please guide.

Sidanelevy

Jan 21, 2016
I have applied for BC PNP and now my federal file is approved and CoPR papers received for the entire family. I am in Toronto with my family for a vacation for 3 weeks to attend a wedding. Can I do flag pole at Niagara US border or should I have to do Flag pole in BC and US border after 1 month?

I am excited to get PR done from Ontario, is it ok, please guide.
I would advise you not to, wait until you get home. I have seen others got in trouble for doing that. Better not to give them any doubt that you are actually living in the province that nominate you. Once you land you can do whatever.

write2rtd

Apr 4, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
28-02-2018
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
Med's Request
04-04-2019
Med's Done....
16-04-2019
Passport Req..
18-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2019
LANDED..........
30-05-2019
Hi all,
I have been trying to link my PR card application. Was able to link my kids applications in the first try. Mine is not working - not sure why. Seems City/Town is the one I am making a mistake with.
I tried to enter as-is from the passport as well as from COPR but it does not find the application.
Will try to link again tomorrow,
Cheers
Finally today I was able to link my GC key to my PR Card application- City/Birth had no comma between the two :) but just a space.
Cheers!

Sanjm

Jun 8, 2019
Hello,

I submitted my passport last week but need it for travel next week. Quite worried that it will not be returned to me in time for my trip. Has anyone had a similar situation? And were you able to contact CIC to have the application expedited or returned?

Date sent: June 1
Date delivered: June 5
Approved: N/A
Return tracker: N/A

My flight is on June 15