+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

Jimmy77

Feb 28, 2019
Hello All,

I Submit my passport to Ottawa on March 26, 2019. Passport delivered March 28, 2019 and Still waiting for COPR :(

NO updates in the profile.

Please suggest.
Mine was also delivered on March 28 and no update after that...
Did you try to call them?

lambda95

Jan 29, 2019
Scratch the above, new question.

How do you know the return tracker has been activated? I realize my receipt doesn’t have a return tracking number, the post office tells me I should have taken a photo so I could check it. Do they send an email with the tracking information or do I just wait now?

They received everything March 29th, but rejected passport photos. New photos were received April 8th

murthycps

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
I just received it !!! It was in my mailbox :)

I sent a message to ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca ... they say they within through 30 days... Does anyone knows ?
I live in Edmonton, it's less busy than Ottawa or Toronto for sure, so I hope it's going to be quick.

Or I have to cross the border... it is six hours drive. I don't really know what to do. I want it to be done!
Its better to drive 6 hrs by a rental car for the weekend. As you have the passports, COPR letters etc. do that. Dont wait. The appointments are about 2.5 months if you book in IRCC edmonton. I m from edmonton only. We r going to the border this weekend. We got the passports just yesterday

barbsrainbow

Jan 27, 2019
Hey folks,

Did anyone not get the Xpresspost tracking number, and if so, how did you deal with it?
The clerk from Canada Post never told me to write it down or anything, and it was my first time buying an Xpresspost, so I thought the tracking number would be in my receipt, but it was not.
I'm thinking about sending an email to CIO / BRCD (IRCC) because I've heard so many stories of Canada Post losing passports or delivering it to wrong addresses, and it freaks me out. Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks

aacan

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
Nomination.....
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2019
LANDED..........
03-04-2019
Scratch the above, new question.

How do you know the return tracker has been activated? I realize my receipt doesn’t have a return tracking number, the post office tells me I should have taken a photo so I could check it. Do they send an email with the tracking information or do I just wait now?

They received everything March 29th, but rejected passport photos. New photos were received April 8th
CanadaPost staff should have given you a receipt with the tracking number. If you don't have that, you'll have to wait :( Your CIC account might get updated to say Counterfoil: Document is valid (that means passport is good and VISA was stamped). After that give it a few days (I got mine in AB in 2 days after that update).

Reactions: barbsrainbow

Mykim7

Jun 3, 2016
My status changed just now on the Mycic page .

PPR: Mar 6 2019
Passport sent: Mar 6 2019
Received: Mar 11 2019
Status changed to approved: Mar 14 2019
Return Tracker activated:?
Hi Eternal, congratulations...did you finish landing? Just curious how it went. By the way, did you send only new passport or old and new both? Does anyone has experience, passport renewal during the PR processing, should we need to provide old and new both or only new one? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Mykim7

Jun 3, 2016
Hi everyone,

Finally, everything is done. My time line is:

Passport sent: Feb 25, 2019.
Passport received: Mar 12, 2019
Landing at border: Mar 13, 2019

My landing at border went smoothly except the cold face of the American staff. The Canadian staffs are very nice and welcomed.

Good luck to everyone.
Hi Sofia, congratulations. I have a question if you provided only new renewed passport or both including old passport when they requested PPR? Thank you for your answer in advance.

murthycps

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Hi Eternal, congratulations...did you finish landing? Just curious how it went. By the way, did you send only new passport or old and new both? Does anyone has experience, passport renewal during the PR processing, should we need to provide old and new both or only new one? Thank you in advance.
I provided only the new one which is valid. Old expired passports need not be sent to CIC for PR stamping

Reactions: Mykim7

Mykim7

Jun 3, 2016
I provided only the new one which is valid. Old expired passports need not be sent to CIC for PR stamping
Thank you so much for your kind reply, murthycps. It will be very very helpful for me. Once again, I do appreciate for your kind info. Take care.

murthycps

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Its better to drive 6 hrs by a rental car for the weekend. As you have the passports, COPR letters etc. do that. Dont wait. The appointments are about 2.5 months if you book in IRCC edmonton. I m from edmonton only. We r going to the border this weekend. We got the passports just yesterday
Hi we succesfully completed PR landing on the border. We went to Great Falls, Montana, stayed for 2 days and came back for PR landing. It was complete on sunday. I think it is easy. Border was not much rush this time.

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Question: Landing on border - do i need to driver straight to US side driving lanes or do i need to stop at Canada side first to tell them?